Mystery lakester

Go here to find out what's happening in Oz

Moderator: DLRA

nitro-nige

Mystery lakester

Post by nitro-nige »

Did this car make a run at speedweek?
What's the goss. Looks like the numbers are climbing in the lakester/streamliner classes.
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

It did make a couple of attempts but could not complete a run. Therefore it did not make it onto the results page. Owner is Andy Jenkins.
I understand it was originally built in the States. I'm pretty sure someone told me it's powered by a motorbike engine.

Better luck next year Andy!
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
Dr Goggles

oiler

Post by Dr Goggles »

tree fiddy two stroke I believe.....possibly a "Laurel"....as in Laurel and RD :lol:

yeah , that was just ace huh...........sorry , anyway I spoke to them after the first attempt and they reckon they left the line a bit cold and it fouled....
Last edited by Dr Goggles on Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

I think he got the wrong gear on the second run....?

Andy bought it from someone in the US where it competed at Bonneville but again did not complete it's one and only run after it stuffed a piston ring.

Lynchy
momec

Post by momec »

We all owe Andy our utmost respect.
He has worked his arse off for the club and cleaned dunnies etc since forever.
This year he raced and I'm sorry his first outing did'nt go better and wish him the best next year.
Chris
Acme Racing #251
Dr Goggles

the man

Post by Dr Goggles »

I was under the impression it was Andy who sought out the lake in the first place.....am I right?
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
BOB ELLIS

Post by BOB ELLIS »

Dr, You be right.If it wasn't for Andy,Mike,Rod,etc, there would be NO DLRA! Mike D is#1,Andy J is#2,Rod H is#3,and for a looong time ,Andy was Kamp Kommandant! He did all the work that no one else would do.He is now a racer again.
Andy is responsible for finding our lake! Oldtimer can tell the story,he was there!! C'mon Pete,these wanna be's need to know how this all started.
Please have respect for our founders,We all owe them!!

I 'think' Andy's lakester is a GP 500 motor,4cyl,2 srtoke.when it goes,it should go well. Here's hoping!
Cookey

Post by Cookey »

Pete's having a but of a thunk before responding Bob :wink: :wink:
Cheers,
Tony Cooke
DLRA # 363
DLRA 112

Post by DLRA 112 »

Lionel West had it in his workshop for a short time doing some work on it for Andy. Sure is an impressive little vehicle.
Member DLRA 112.
Last Minute Racing

RG500

Post by Last Minute Racing »

HI, I was talking to Andy about his bike and it has a Suzuki RG500 motor. A 500 cc square 4 rotary valve 2 stroke. It was released by Suzuki as a GP bike as ridden by the late Barry Sheen and later released as a road bike.
Not sure weather its a GP or road going version but i dont think the road bike was released in the states so its proably the GP version.
Dave.