records

Go here to find out what's happening in Oz

Moderator: DLRA

nevco1112

records

Post by nevco1112 »

first of all congrats to the members for running a cracker event under trying conditions my first time and not the last. all my business associates and mates now have salt fever oh dear!!! i just have two minor questions
1/ the speed recorded on a licence check in a certain class, is that registered as a recorded speed? or just a speed for licence check?
2/ if one is to record the highest speed how do you get to have that speed recognised as a record?
nev
nev
hawkwind racing

Re: records

Post by hawkwind racing »

nevco1112 wrote:first of all congrats to the members for running a cracker event under trying conditions my first time and not the last. all my business associates and mates now have salt fever oh dear!!! i just have two minor questions
1/ the speed recorded on a licence check in a certain class, is that registered as a recorded speed? or just a speed for licence check?
2/ if one is to record the highest speed how do you get to have that speed recognised as a record?
nev

nevco
1.the speed on your DLRA lescence is for class only

2. if your speed was in a class not contested before ie open then what ever speed recorded will be the new record for that class, BUT if you ran in a class that already has a record your speed must be greater than the previous record to be recorded as the new record ,clear as mud :)
fastest busa in Captains flat pop. 200
Dr Goggles

does the 1/4 count?

Post by Dr Goggles »

don't records have to be over the mile?
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
OLDtimer

Post by OLDtimer »

As Gary said, the highest speed recorded for each class is the record. It can be over the quarter mile, as most vehicles run that distance. By the way, Nev, congratulations on the front page article in the YP Country Times. Pete. DLRA #6