GPS TIMING FOR PROPOSED SHORT COURSE

Go here to find out what's happening in Oz

Moderator: DLRA

penny

gps competition

Post by penny »

the RAA in SA has a competition for members to win a garmin e trex gps,please go online,raa.com.au/competitions and enter to win this prize that you could donate to the DLRA or bring to the event.paul penny
OLDPOP

Post by OLDPOP »

Hi Penny
Entered Comp If I win will donate to DLRA

Regards

Oldpop
Jeff lemon

GPS,S

Post by Jeff lemon »

Anaconda has these gps,s on sale for $99.00
The Cups half full!!
Cookey

GPS Units

Post by Cookey »

Many thanks Jeff for spotting this offer.
The first 6 purchased by the club were $110 each through the RAA shop.

Just rang up and ordered 6 units from the S.A. Anaconda shop for the club at $99.00 each.
This makes a total of 12 units that the club owns.

This price is on special until the 7th of November but not at all of their stores so if you are keen on getting your own unit I suggest you call up the closest shop to confirm price and availability.
Cheers,
Tony Cooke
DLRA # 363
ben james

Post by ben james »

thanks guys, just bought one over the phone from annaconda.
they will post them out for $5.
i'm gettin set for next year.
ben james dlra#389
moriwaki monster.
Greg Watters

Post by Greg Watters »

May pay to test them Cookey
I brought 1 to use in the US and its faulting, locks up and will not hold the peak speed , had thrown out my receipt too so no refund.. :(
my original one still works fine after several yrs now..
T-34

Post by T-34 »

Just went to Anaconda, here in Adelaide - were sold out as someone bought the last 6 they had :roll:

BUT

They have ordered some more and were happy to honor the sale price even if they do not get them in before the sale ends. They will be getting some more brackets in too.

On same but different note - Anaconda had Coleman event 14 shades at $199 in same sale (save $100) - big enough to get a medium car under and have some room spare. Might make a good pit shade. Had vents in roof too so hopefully won't act like a parachute if the wind gets up. Same deal here - sold out but will honor sale price. Worth a look if you need a shade.

#809Image
Rob

Post by Rob »

Just make sure you have some way of tek screwing it to the salt or it won't be there when you walk away and return if the wind comes up.

BCF has 6m x 3m OzTrail (Ezi Up style) canopies in their current catalog at $399

Cheers,
Rob
I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.
Dr Goggles

wind

Post by Dr Goggles »

Rob wrote:Just make sure you have some way of tek screwing it to the salt or it won't be there when you walk away and return if the wind comes up.
BCF has 6m x 3m OzTrail (Ezi Up style) canopies in their current catalog at $399
Cheers,
Rob

I've said it before...the best shade is flat on top as it presents the lowest profile to the oncoming wind, then you can hang something from the east in the morning and the west in the arvo..... I spent a hundred bucks on shade cloth and a hundred bucks on square tube, welded up some sliding fit corners, left it up all week, it would still be there if I didn't take it down.

Things that can blow away aren't just a waste of money , they're bloody dangerous.

The best thing there this year was Stevie Barnetts home made canvas Nissan Hut.....but we don't all have a pile of rectangular section al tube and a rolling machine....and a "F.O" tarp ......
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
T-34

Post by T-34 »

Rob wrote:Just make sure you have some way of tek screwing it to the salt or it won't be there when you walk away and return if the wind comes up.

Cheers,
Rob

Good advice - we bought a tarp for under the car - came with free nails - great we thought - so we bashed them in with a handy rock, which is great until you go to take them out again. It's then that we noticed the other guys with long tek-screws and battery drills. Probably took us best part of an hour to get the damn nails out - lol.

Those OzTrail style canopies don't have a vent in the top - they act like a giant parachute - we were amongst the group that managed to prevent the canopy over the orange studebaker from taking off when the winds got up. Pretty scary moment that.
#809Image
Rob

Etrex Tip

Post by Rob »

Just read a post on Landracing from someone using the Etrex.

He recommends a folded piece of paper towel between the batteries and the battery cover (one for each battery).

Apparently the batteries can shake loose, losing power and any contained data.

Cheers,
Rob
I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.
Cookey

Re: Etrex Tip

Post by Cookey »

Rob wrote:Just read a post on Landracing from someone using the Etrex.

He recommends a folded piece of paper towel between the batteries and the battery cover (one for each battery).

Apparently the batteries can shake loose, losing power and any contained data.

Thanks for noticing that Rob :)
You are cordially invited to join us in the lounge bar at the Ramada Timing Van for a Pims or two after racing next March.
I have given a unit a thump and a bump and when the back cover is opened the batteries had shifted a bit but were still making contact but will make sure they have the packing in them.
Nothing worse than putting down a good pass and not getting a speed :wink: :wink:
Still I suppose we will have the odd glitch or 2 :roll: :roll: :P :P

Here are the units purchased by the club
Cheers,
Tony Cooke
DLRA # 363
Dr Goggles

what isn't it good for

Post by Dr Goggles »

Apparently the batteries can shake loose, losing power and any contained data

It's not on the long list of things that it can be used for but I reckon Blu-Tac would be the go for that job .....it would have a deadening effect as well as the obvious adhesion.

do I get a Pimms too?

Pour pimm's no.1 into a highball glass. Add a twist of lemon and fill with 50/50 lemonade and dry. Garnish with a slice of cucumber
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
Cookey

Re: what isn't it good for

Post by Cookey »

Dr Goggles wrote:[Pour pimm's no.1 into a highball glass. Add a twist of lemon and fill with 50/50 lemonade and dry. Garnish with a slice of cucumber

We'll have to plant the cucumber seedlings during the Xmas working bee Doc :wink: :wink:
That way they will be nice and fresh in March 8) 8) 8)
Cheers,
Tony Cooke
DLRA # 363
Dr Goggles

beaut

Post by Dr Goggles »

.............and take some mint cuttings just in case you find a few seeping pipe joints, that way we'll have mint to add to the Pimms AND we'll be able to muddle some so as to be able to make some Mojitos ....at least then someone will be doing something useful with any rum that the Queeslanders bring :roll: :roll: