GPS speed logging

Go here to find out what's happening in Oz

Moderator: DLRA

DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

That's a dangerous little website there Gordon, lots of toys!

Neat find. I haven't seen one of these before, it talks about continuously recording and storing up to 262,000 way points. But I'm a bit concerned that it may not be "fast" enough given that the short track is really only 1 mile. Even if it was left on all the time. All other attributes are great, small size, etc. It really would be a suck it and see.
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
internetscooter

Post by internetscooter »

At 100 mph you will get a speed reading every 48 yards. As long as it calculates speed quick enough and accurately enough, then that should be plenty accurate. It would be good to compare to the eTrex to make sure it has a similar reading.
Paul
---
DLRA #647
89.664 mph (aiming for 100mph+)
www.vespalabs.org
Cookey

Post by Cookey »

Let's just stick to what we have decided to run with for the speed recording for the second course and move on chaps. :!: :!: :!:
Cheers,
Tony Cooke
DLRA # 363
ben james

Post by ben james »

good advice cookey,don't confuse the isue with too much bullshit.
i would like to buy one of these for myself, any idea where to get one.
regards ben
ben james dlra#389
moriwaki monster.
Cookey

Post by Cookey »

Ben,
PM Sent
Cheers,
Tony Cooke
DLRA # 363
Dr Goggles

fish

Post by Dr Goggles »

crikey , ya need eyes on both sides of yer head to read posts that wide.........

Anyway, I open up my email this morning and I get this spam.....thanks Ben...( see bottom, na , not mine , the bottom of the email)

Dear Sir,

Greetings !
We got your name and address from the international trade centre (ITC) and we found out that your company is exporter of Garments.

Our company is importer and agent for Garments including t-shirts,we have been in this field of business for some years and wish to establish a lasting and mutual profitable business relationship with you.

Presently here is a tender,one of the Government Agency require 1,200,000 pieces of
t-shirts which they intend to use for anti HIV / AIDS campaign within the 15 countries in West Africa,the client is serious and if your prices is competitive we will convince them
to purchase the t-shirts from you,the quantity will be distributed to all the 15 countries for the same purpose.

Thanks for your kind attention and we are looking forward to hear from you soon.

Best Regards
HOSEA Ltd.
Mr.Benjamin James
Director
Tel:+229 96 32 65 93
Fax:+229 21 31 39 11
E-Mail: hosealtd@yahoo.com
Cotonou,Rep.of Benin
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Dr G

You sure it's spam? Might be a real business opportunity for you! You should get onto it!

I understand that you are indeed an exporter of high quality t shirts to the US... maybe not 1.2 Million though!

Lynchy
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

Hay, Benny or Cookey, can you send me a pm on them things please :D ,,

thankyou in advance 8)
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
penny

gps $100

Post by penny »

BCF .boating camping and fishing had E Trex at $100 recently.
momec

Post by momec »

GW I can't believe you wrote such a long sentance that complimented Gordie and I just wondered if I could write a longer sentance full of dribble that did'nt make any sense at all but the only aim being to end with a whole paragraph that explained that we should'nt encourage Gordie or he might write more.
Your such a kind guy GW

Chris

Good Afternoon Christopher, there is no such thing as bad ideas just bad decisions. Say hello to the frog for me....
Acme Racing #251
Dr Goggles

stirrer

Post by Dr Goggles »

You're a bloody stirrer Hano' , how's the ute coming along?.......

We hoiked the motor out of the tank on the weekend, yes campiagn for 2010 is on!
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
momec

Post by momec »

Finely someone understands me, I'm a bloody stirrer.
The ute is stationary and I have made a very hard decision to withdraw from racing for the short term mainly for the long term good. If l suffer now and pay off the ponderosa then l will be free to race till l'm 80.
So the next couple of years l have to suck it up and not race.
This is one of the most painful decisions of my life.

Chris
And your pulling the donk because?
Acme Racing #251
Dr Goggles

donkless

Post by Dr Goggles »

Newish bottom end with better pistons slightly upped comp, a cam and a new inlet manifold....

Good idea on the racing/mortgage/racing ......that's a battle we're all fighting, and not all winning, in fact there'll be some reading it thinking "f*** , racing/rent..../racing".........

we sure aren't spending whoppers on the car anytime soon, just hoping to squeeze a 2 out of it next year ......and still having a motor that runs.