Cookey

Post by Cookey »

Most days I don't even like myself :wink: :wink: :wink:
I have no problems with:
(A) Coppers
(B) Policemen
(C) Reformed used car dealers
(D) People who wear 2 left foot shoes
(E) Last but by no way the least - "DRUNKEN NUTBAGS" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great weekend with a most positive outlook for Speedweek 2010.
Cheers,
Tony Cooke
DLRA # 363
OLDtimer

Post by OLDtimer »

REFORMED used car dealers ??????????????? Pete. DLRA #6
Cookey

Post by Cookey »

Shhhh Pete :!:

It's all about the Pacer :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Cheers,
Tony Cooke
DLRA # 363
Pt. Augusta Speed Seekers

Post by Pt. Augusta Speed Seekers »

Can't handle the heat get outta the kitchen pete & cookey, by the way thought u 2 were going to call in on sun.

Cookey email me with your address & I will send photos of pacer my address is augwreck@bigpond.com

Doc
Port Augusta Speed Seekers 1997 Ford EL Falcon
Cookey

Post by Cookey »

Email sent Doc :wink: :wink:
Cheers,
Tony Cooke
DLRA # 363
jrbcastle

Post by jrbcastle »

Pt. Augusta Speed Seekers wrote:Can't handle the heat get outta the kitchen pete & cookey, by the way thought u 2 were going to call in on sun.

Cookey email me with your address & I will send photos of pacer my address is augwreck@bigpond.com

Doc
hey Doc did you say Pacer , Valiant Pacer Doc hello are you there Cookey wodn't look good in a pacer he'd be better in a Galant . :lol:

Hi John

R U going 2 buy our LAKE CAR

Doc
jrbcastle

Post by jrbcastle »

Pt. Augusta Speed Seekers wrote:Hi John

R U going 2 buy our LAKE CAR

Doc
NO !
PJQ2

Post by PJQ2 »

The road in from Iron Knob has some rain damage.

http://www.transport.sa.gov.au/quicklin ... /area3.asp

You gotta take this warning seriously, especially if it’s your first trip. Be prepared, drive carefully, and we’ll see you in one piece at the lake.

…and now, back to Doc and Johns car sale negotiations.
Regs,
PJQ
Velocity Science Laboratories
Cookey

Road Conditions

Post by Cookey »

Going into the lake on Saturday and back out on Sunday, we found the first 60 K's or so from the Iron Knob turn off to have water damage but from then on it was pretty good.
But :!: :!: Do not take this as being gospel as conditions can change very quickly out there.

There was a lot of livestock including sheep and goats along the track plus plenty of Emus :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Cheers,
Tony Cooke
DLRA # 363

scared lol
Dr Goggles

Re: Road Conditions

Post by Dr Goggles »

Cookey wrote:Going into the lake on Saturday and back out on Sunday, we found the first 60 K's or so from the Iron Knob turn off to have water damage but from then on it was pretty good.
But :!: :!: Do not take this as being gospel as conditions can change very quickly out there.

There was a lot of livestock including sheep and goats along the track plus plenty of Emus :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

for those who haven't heard this yarn.....It's about me and Ben James...

As we left after our first time at the lake and I was in Ben’s Volvo , Ducati on a trailer on the back and Dik in his Chev truck behind us Ben turned to me and said “ you know Stew, I only went because I said that I would , you know ,that I told you that I would, even up to the last day before we left because you know it was bloody hard work getting everything organised and it cost me a fair bit of money” . I wasn’t quite sure what to say because I had hassled him to get involved and I did have an ulterior motive for it , “ so , what do you mean Ben?” …he replied “ well , even if you die Stew , I’m coming back next year ….that was the best fun I’ve had in a long time!” We both burst out laughing , he was right it had been expensive and exhausting but we’d found something that we knew was going to be a big part of our lives. Ben continued chain smoking while he drove and I sat there taking in the scenery, nursing a hangover and turning over the events of the last week .On the rough and corrugated dirt road ahead of us I could see an emu standing stock still staring at us , “emu Ben” , “Yeah Stew” he said but I didn’t feel the car react “ emu Ben” , “yeah Stew” once again I felt no deceleration as I thought of my deaf grandmother who’d say the same thing to me when I was little just so I’d be quiet, I glanced over, Ben had a ciggie in his mouth and seemed a million miles away although he was looking straight ahead to where the rapidly approaching emu was still standing smack bang in the middle of the road , head turned toward us. “ #### emu Ben!” , “shit!” the car crossed up a little but slowed just enough for the emu to trot off the road . Ten or fifteen kilograms of body on legs over a metre tall is not the kind of thing you want to hit at 100 kilometres an hour . Ben hasn’t been allowed to forget the incident which is now well known throughout the club , and will for a long time to come be reminded with “emu Ben”.
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
gennyshovel

Post by gennyshovel »

Tiny DLRA# 484
Postiebike Racing , created & funded by TwoBob Engineering
PJQ2

Post by PJQ2 »

Cripes, don’t mention Emu in front of Doc Goggs.
As Ben would say “yeah good one Stew… that was a bloody good car that Ovlov.”
Regs,
PJQ
Velocity Science Laboratories
BOB ELLIS

Post by BOB ELLIS »

Image.
Don't get frightened,it will only be a sprinkle.Doc said yesterday it was 42" in P.A . A few light showers with that heat , will bring more fines(smaller particles) to the surface,and therefore making a denser surface.