News on the lake condition?

Go here to find out what's happening in Oz

Moderator: DLRA

OLDtimer

Post by OLDtimer »

Flies were really bad up there over xmas. Worst i have seen them in a long time. Needed a fly net over my beer ! Doc , sorry, forgot you were coming, just as well, we will need a supervisor ! Pete. DLRA #6
Dr Goggles

boing...

Post by Dr Goggles »

OLDtimer wrote:Flies were really bad up there over xmas. Worst i have seen them in a long time. Needed a fly net over my beer ! Doc , sorry, forgot you were coming, just as well, we will need a supervisor ! Pete. DLRA #6

is that because they had one of these?

...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
BIG GAZ

Post by BIG GAZ »

I really hope you didn't have the time to put that together yourself!
BIG GAZ
Dr Goggles

More Teen

Post by Dr Goggles »

Na Gaz, no flies on me...... been goin' too fast for 'em to settle
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
PLUCKA

Post by PLUCKA »

Well people did a flying visit this afternoon and my report is as follows.

Dry dry dry dry hard hard flies flies flies dry hard flies hard hard hard dry dry dry flies flies and some flies. Gee did I mention that it was hard and dry with heaps of flies. :D :D :D :D

Plucka
PLUCKA

Post by PLUCKA »

Can't wait for Saturday when I set my eyes on Lake G once again with Cooky, Pete and a few others for the final inspection.

Plucka
REAL Stan

Post by REAL Stan »

Hay Plucka was there many Flies :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
STAN.#744

Our body cells renew themselves while we sleep
If only our wallets would do the same.....
Cookey

Hay Plucka was there many Flies

Post by Cookey »

Say no more Stan :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Cheers,
Tony Cooke
DLRA # 363
momec

Post by momec »

l take it thats a yes on the fly net?

Chris
Acme Racing #251
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

Goggles, i hope that picture is not at "our lake", :lol: :lol:
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
OLDtimer

Post by OLDtimer »

Off to the lake tomorrow (Friday) for the final inspection before Speedweek. Will speak to Rob Carroll from up there either Sat night or early Sun morning with the outcome. Stay tuned !! Pete. DLRA #6
Rob Carroll

Track Condition for Speed Week 2010

Post by Rob Carroll »

I have spoken to Peter Noy and he reports that the lake is hard and dry. No surface water is present and very little salt off the tyres onto the cars. A light scrape is all it needs. They have checked the whole track area and the only part that has a small amount of moisture is near the 0 mile mark, which is quite common. I am sure Pete will update this when he gets home this afternoon, but it seems the Lake is the best it's been for some time.
Cheers Rob Carroll President DLRA #12
PLUCKA

Post by PLUCKA »

What a fantastic day and a half with some great blokes.
As stated Pete, Cooky, Out back Trev, Dale (out back Trevs younger brother), Tony, The infamous Doc (from Pt Augusta) and myself, once again migrated to the beautiful sights of Lake Gairdner. The report as Rob Carrol has said is nothing short of brilliant conditions and a few of the seasoned campaigners are saying its the best they have seen for some time. This year is going to be fast as there was very little moisture if any under foot or wheel. I cant tell you much more than that as what is said and happens at the lake stays on the lake. I do know that Cooky doesn't like coppers but doesn't mind Police men and that Outback Trev likes a drink or 30

Lets go racing

Plucka
OLDtimer

Post by OLDtimer »

As Rob & Plucka have said, the lake is ready to race on. It is dry & hard as concrete. The only moisture was at the 0 mile , where the start line will now be, but that is usual ,particularly mid to late afternoon. The road from Iron Knob is in good condition, but use caution at creeks & stay in the middle at washouts as they are very deep . Thanks to the other members who came up, you guys made for a great weekend (as usual). See everyone in March for our 20th anniversary!! Pete DLRA #6
jrbcastle

Post by jrbcastle »

PLUCKA wrote:What a fantastic day and a half with some great blokes.
As stated Pete, Cooky, Out back Trev, Dale (out back Trevs younger brother), Tony, The infamous Doc (from Pt Augusta) and myself, once again migrated to the beautiful sights of Lake Gairdner. The report as Rob Carrol has said is nothing short of brilliant conditions and a few of the seasoned campaigners are saying its the best they have seen for some time. This year is going to be fast as there was very little moisture if any under foot or wheel. I cant tell you much more than that as what is said and happens at the lake stays on the lake. I do know that Cooky doesn't like coppers but doesn't mind Police men and that Outback Trev likes a drink or 30

Lets go racing

Plucka
What Plucka ? Trev having a drink what must have been his nerves been around a policeman :shock: don't worry about Cookie some days he dosn't like anyone !