We are ready.

Go here to find out what's happening in Oz

Moderator: DLRA

Stayt`ie

We are ready.

Post by Stayt`ie »

Something that has left me a little "gobsmaked", is the fact that all the Tropical Salts have their machines ready and waiting to go :shock: ,,,
There will be a convoy of three vehicles, each with motorcycles aboard heading off from Mackay earlie Wendesday morning, out through Clermont to Tambo and down to Cobar via the Landsborough Highway , arriving in Port sometime Friday arvo,, actually make that four vehicles as i have just had word that newbie Mark Clifford (anotherone of them Hayabusa thing`es :lol: ) is thinking off travelling along with us,,,,, Wendesday also sees Luckie heading for Brisbane to pick up Scotty, and hook up with us at Port :wink: ,,
all i can say is "bring it on" 8) :D :D
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
firemanjim

Post by firemanjim »

Go get em Ronnie!!! Best of luck to you all. Can't wait to hear!!
REAL Stan

Post by REAL Stan »

Im leaving in 10 mins see ya all there....
STAN.#744

Our body cells renew themselves while we sleep
If only our wallets would do the same.....
scooter trash

Post by scooter trash »

Comon down lucky im waitin 4 ya in brisbane if u can get through the floods?? you should have brought NUGGET! with ya
What is life but to dream and do!
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

just a note to anyone trying to get through central Queensland,, DONT, ya wont get through,,,,, go through Kingaroy to Dalby, turn right just out of Dalby and head for Millmerin via Cecil Plains, then on to Innglewood and on to Gondie,, came down that way today, a bit of water over the roads, no problem,,, veging out in the hot mineral baths in Moree at the moment,, :D
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

Thanks Jim 8) ,,,,was talking with Richard and then Jason this morning, unfortunatly thay cant make it to Gairdner this year :cry: ,,
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Left Brisbane last night via Virgin to Sydney. No problems with floods that way! Got smashed on my brother's home brew bourbon last night in training for the week away.....

Leaving Sydney with Big Gaz via his new Hilux tomorrow morning early. I can almost hear Willie Nelson singing "on the road again" in my head...... maybe that was a hangover from C&W overload at my brother's place?

Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lynchy
Dreamliner 200

Post by Dreamliner 200 »

You two have a great trip! May see you in Pt A' gutter on Sat.

Leave the C & W behind :lol:

ROAD TRIP!! :P
DLRA Member 752
Livin' the dream!
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

What a road trip :roll: , disregard my first post, as the intended rout was changed due to the floods in western Queensland :? , was a bit off confusion to which roads were open, however using the uhf and talking with truckies seen us negoiate flooded roads to all meet up at Moree, where a dip in the hot mineral springs made the big days effot worthwhile,,, driving into Broken Hill late Thursday was different, tropical like rain in the middle off the desert :?: ,,, mother nature finally halted us about thirty kilometers into South Australia, one flooded creek held us up for approx an hour,,,, stop off in Peterborough to visit the motorcycle museum being established in the former Babtist church,,, a must do on every trip now taken through that town :wink:,,,, supplies for the week purchased at Docs ?, supermarket, and a feed at the pub across the road seen us ready to head for the lake the next morning (Saturday),,,,
Mark Burrows little BSA went 71 mph, more hp needed :) ,, Steve Kell went 111 on the white vtwin Honda :) ,, my XZ12 would only rev to just over ten grand in the pits, so changed the gearing to componsate (chipped to 12200) head down long course and its on the rev limiter at eight grand :twisted: ,, 154 is my only and best run for this meet, :) ,, eletronics :roll: ,,, on my 12, ole mate, Brian Payne licensed on the gps track 125 & 150, he was chuffed, as a old Triumph man he had never been over 110mph :),,,
Left the lake lunchtime Thursday, into Port,, earlie start Friday, home late Sunday, total 6213 kilometers :D ,, bike apart and through clean, car cleaned,, work tomorrow (Wendesday) :)
See you all next year 8)