ANY RESULTS or TALES FOR 2010 EVENT

Go here to find out what's happening in Oz

Moderator: DLRA

Cookey

Have ya got a mate Cookey ??

Post by Cookey »

Best be boarding up wot windows that haven't already been broke in yore shoppe Rocket :P :P :P :P :P :P

Seriously though it was a top meet and by all reports you even were half reasonable as an assistant scrutinizeering type person :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Cheers,
Tony Cooke
DLRA # 363
Rocket

Re: Have ya got a mate Cookey ??

Post by Rocket »

Cookey wrote:Best be boarding up wot windows that haven't already been broke in yore shoppe Rocket :P :P :P :P :P :P

Seriously though it was a top meet and by all reports you even were half reasonable as an assistant scrutinizeering type person :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
(geez, I might stay at home for a while :shock: )

Thanks too you too Cookey for your work & also to Chris.
It was good working with you in Scruitineering Chris, just as it was with Bob, Brian & the others. You all made it easy as a first timer to slot in.

I must also say that both Rod & Carol made it easy, as they some how just sorted all the paper work to make life a little easier for us all :D :D

The only down side I might add:
It wasn't much fun wandering around checking for arm bands on Thurday, as a few thought 20 bucks was a bit of an ask to visit the lake (not like we where asking for an arm or a leg to get up close to the cars & experience some racing :roll: )

Over all A GREAT week. I've ordered my copy of the SCTA rule book & we also will be even better organised next year.
CHEERS,
Rod. #811

www.rodsandrelics.com.au
penny

Post by penny »

Well done for Cled giving some narrative as to what type of vehicle was leaving the startline each time. Much appreciated by all .
T-34

Post by T-34 »

From a spectators perspective ( :cry: ) the GPS course was a huge hit - and putting the start line at the end of the pits a stroke of genius - now spectators get to see things from the start line - all the noise, smells and excitement - right there in front of them - This is something that did not happen before.

The only thing for me that is missing is a giant score board on the start line showing peoples speeds - maybe someone can borrow one of those roadworks safety sign trailers for 2011

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Seemed like there were twice as many people there as last year too.

Had an awesome time, even without getting the car there.

Mick.
#809Image
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

T-34 wrote:From a spectators perspective ( :cry: ) the GPS course was a huge hit - and putting the start line at the end of the pits a stroke of genius - now spectators get to see things from the start line - all the noise, smells and excitement - right there in front of them - This is something that did not happen before.

The only thing for me that is missing is a giant score board on the start line showing peoples speeds - maybe someone can borrow one of those roadworks safety sign trailers for 2011

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Seemed like there were twice as many people there as last year too.

Had an awesome time, even without getting the car there.

Mick.

Howdy Mick,
I would second that idea for at least a read out of some kind on the start line & even maybe in central viewing point in the pits, but I can tell you we have our ears 'glued' to the radio to hear the times anyway.
They boys do a GREAT job of informing us of speeds, classes etc.
CHEERS,
Rod. #811

www.rodsandrelics.com.au
T-34

Post by T-34 »

Rocket wrote:
Howdy Mick,
I would second that idea for at least a read out of some kind on the start line & even maybe in central viewing point in the pits, but I can tell you we have our ears 'glued' to the radio to hear the times anyway.
They boys do a GREAT job of informing us of speeds, classes etc.

Yup I agree - the radio is a necessity - if there is one bit of advice I can give - bring a radio - last year I didn't have one - but this year I sorted out a couple - it made a massive difference to the event being able to listen in on what was going on.

An added bonus is that you get to speak to truckies on the journey up from Adelaide - interesting bunch those truckies :shock: :? :lol:
#809Image
Cookey

Post by Cookey »

Hello you 2 Dingbats :!: :!: (I only say this because I personally know and respect you both (except for you Rod :roll: :roll: ) but the name of the club is in fact "Dry Lakes Racers Australia" :wink: :wink: :wink:

Racers are people who actually charge down the salt and have supporters and crews that help them achieve their goals and conquer their speed demons. :twisted: :twisted:

Where does the "spectator" element come into the equation :?: :?: :?: :?:

Please stand by for a barrage of retribution :shock: :shock: :shock:
Cheers,
Tony Cooke
DLRA # 363
T-34

Post by T-34 »

LOL unfortunately - when you run out of build time spectating is all you can do

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
#809Image
T-34

Post by T-34 »

Mind you - there is one bonus...

At least it will be easy to better my time next year

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
#809Image
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

Cookey wrote:Hello you 2 Dingbats :!: :!: (I only say this because I personally know and respect you both (except for you Rod :roll: :roll: ) but the name of the club is in fact "Dry Lakes Racers Australia" :wink: :wink: :wink:

Racers are people who actually charge down the salt and have supporters and crews that help them achieve their goals and conquer their speed demons. :twisted: :twisted:

Where does the "spectator" element come into the equation :?: :?: :?: :?:

Please stand by for a barrage of retribution :shock: :shock: :shock:

Mmmmmmmm
& may the flee's from a thousand camels infect your arm pits too :roll:

Oh!
(wheren't YOU a "spectator" this year??)

Does being chief umbrella holder on a team count :lol: :lol:
CHEERS,
Rod. #811

www.rodsandrelics.com.au
penny

Post by penny »

cookey i think that you may have to admit to the fact that the speedweek event may now have out grown the racers only event. I would think that camp fees and spectator fees go a long way to financing the event. I would shudder to think of the insurance fees that the competitors would incur if it was not for this added income. Todays spectators are tomorrows racers and or volunteers who also pay up front to walk amongst you guys ,please be appreciated of all who journey out to the lake for their yearly fix of the special vehicles that provide the entertainment for everyone present. paul penny member 825
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Paul (Penny)

I think you'll find that the event is mainly financed by the entry fees for the drivers. Camp fees for the camp at the canteen go to the station owners and the spectator fees (from those who actually paid) would be minimal.

Do some quick sums - $20 per spectator for the week x those who actually paid V 180 entries x $250. I'd be surprised if 180 spectators paid up. I'm a member and a starter and I paid.

The event is very much financed from within.

Lynchy
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

Too ture Lynchy.
I spent some time on Thurday checking for the non payers.
Geesh!! :roll: :roll: & I thought 20 bucks was a bargan to get up close to the cars & teams :? Obviously NOT :evil:
CHEERS,
Rod. #811

www.rodsandrelics.com.au
OLDtimer

Post by OLDtimer »

Lynchy is right, most of the campers are racers & crew, but DLRA dont get anything from their fees, except at the members camp, where all money collected goes to running the camp. Spectators contribute very little to overall funds, & chasing them for money is a pain in the bum. Ours is not a spectator sport & will always be funded from within. Pete DLRA #6
penny

Post by penny »

I just dont want to see spectators ostracised. paul