Photos of 2010.

Go here to find out what's happening in Oz

Moderator: DLRA

540ci

Photos of 2010.

Post by 540ci »

momec

Post by momec »

Great photos, and anyone building something for the first time to take out there have a close look at the salt under Dons car.

Anything not coated that salt will eat. Nickel plating lasts 3 microseconds and l wish l'd put stainless bolts in everything when l first took the ute to the salt in 2001 cause l've thrown out so many brand new bolts it would have been cheaper to go stainless straight up.

Chris
Acme Racing #251
540ci

Post by 540ci »

:D So true! Don is still cleaning and spraying the underside and will probably still be cleaning for months!
Dr Goggles

Post by Dr Goggles »

C Hanlon wrote:Great photos, and anyone building something for the first time to take out there have a close look at the salt under Dons car.

Anything not coated that salt will eat. Nickel plating lasts 3 microseconds and l wish l'd put stainless bolts in everything when l first took the ute to the salt in 2001 cause l've thrown out so many brand new bolts it would have been cheaper to go stainless straight up.

Chris

woke up early the other morning and it was raining cats and dogs, went out and took the Commodore for a drive on the flooded roads to try and get all that salt that I hadn't already got off......

nice shots guys,

good effort with the car too. :D
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
David Leikvold

splash

Post by David Leikvold »

Boat ramps are good too! Just make sure you're far enough up the river to actually be diluting the salt and not just changing it :wink:
Good, Fast, Cheap, pick any two!
Rob

Post by Rob »

Time for some inner guards!

What speed did you guys finally make? I heard it was 22X.XXX? but really don't know.

Cheers,
Rob
I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.
540ci

Post by 540ci »

Don's run was 222mph and then he very kindly gave his crew a chance to do some licensing passes in it.

So the car did;

222.194mph with Don Hudson owner of the car.

125 and 150mph with Craig Pinkney

125 and 150mph with Wayne Adnum

125mph with me, Liz Mudd.

205mph with Bob Bowman.

The car ran like a dream all week. I think the most we did to it was change plugs after a hit out on the test track when we first got it off the trailer! Gotta be happy with that! :D
Rob

Post by Rob »

Thanks for the numbers,

Definitely have to be happy with that!

Cheers,
Rob
I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.