NEW 2010 DLRA Rule Book Proposal

Go here to find out what's happening in Oz

Moderator: DLRA

grumm441

Re: NEW 2010 DLRA Rule Book Proposal

Post by grumm441 »

Rob wrote:I'm getting a little ahead of myself here but... is traction control now legal in 2011 and beyond?

Cheers,
Rob
It's still in the car section 2Q
G
They make it
I make it work
Rob

Post by Rob »

Thanks Grumm but to the best of my knowledge, SCTA has allowed it in all classes since 2007??

There used to be an additional paragraph to that rule banning TC but it was removed that year ('07).

Has it since been re-banned?

Cheers,
Rob
I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.
BIG GAZ

Post by BIG GAZ »

Rob,
Rule 2.Q states only computers that engine operations only can be used, eg EFI. I really think that one is open to interpretation. I could clarify if you are interested.
By the way I have finished typing in all the car rules. I only need to do the 26 pages of bike rules and I am finished!
I will get it posted up for all to see, use and comment on when I am done.
BIG GAZ
momec

Post by momec »

Gaz please please if you can clarify the TC rule. Chris
Acme Racing #251
Rob

Post by Rob »

G'day Gaz,

I checked with the yanks in chat last week and they say TC is allowable except if you are running in "Classic". I suspect perhaps the same is true for vintage but do not know.

This was not however from their tech committe but was from reliable guys that should know (and who are running it currently at Bonneville).

If we can get a solid clarification it would be good for all.

Cheers,
Rob
I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.
BIG GAZ

Post by BIG GAZ »

After the meeting in January the club has passed a motion to accept the 2011 SCTA Rule Book. We will call this the DLRA 2012 Rule Book and I will have it available in downloadable pdf (paper format) from this site in the next couple of weeks. Definately before our meet this March where we will be using our old rule book. I will make sure we have some hardcopies available in the scrutineering tent so entrants can get an idea, with the inspectors, of what is required next year and have the ability to ask some questions. A couple of things that are not immediately apparent in the rule book are the need for the tow/push/recovery vehicle to have a spill kit, flashing roof mounted light and an installed 5 watt UHF radio, NOT A HAND HELD, EVEN IF IT IS A 5 WATT because of its limited range with the short aerial. The other thing the inspectors will be checking for this year is egress from the vehicle or a 'BAIL OUT' procedure. There is not a time limit on being able to get out of your vehicle but it must be clear to the inspector that when you are hot, sweaty, agitated, scared or blinded by smoke or cold fire water on your helmet visor that you have a procedure for shutting down the engine, electricals, 'chute pull, fire bottles, harness, arm restraints, window net etc etc and still climb out of the vehicle. 'Kiwi' Steve at Bonneville's favourite procedure, especially when its 45 degrees and your waiting for him to give you the nod to 'Get Out!'
GAZ
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

'Kiwi' Steve at Bonneville's favourite procedure, especially when its 45 degrees and your waiting for him to give you the nod to 'Get Out!'
and he makes you wait ........................................and wait...........................................and wait............then GO!
penny

Post by penny »

simple procedure is to practice at home . and if you really want to work it out , have someone turn the shed lights off when you think you have perfected it . then try it .
glengowrie annexe of the Institute of Backyard Studies