NEW 2010 DLRA Rule Book Proposal

Go here to find out what's happening in Oz

Moderator: DLRA

BIG GAZ

NEW 2010 DLRA Rule Book Proposal

Post by BIG GAZ »

Hopefully you are all aware of the proposal for the DLRA to move to the 2010 SCTA Rule Book at some point in the future. Paul Lynch and I attended Bonneville last week (full report at next DLRA Meeting) and brought back a number of 2010 SCTA Rule books that I am selling for AUD$10.00 if you collect it from me or $20.00 if I Express Post it to you. Please send me a PM and I will give you my bank details and email address. Needless to say I am not making a profit on this, it is just more convenient for Carol for me to look after it. There is only a limited supply and the SCTA do not have any more left as I cleaned them out so tell your friends and get in early!
BIG GAZ
Dreamliner 200

Re: NEW 2010 DLRA Rule Book Proposal

Post by Dreamliner 200 »

PM Sent Gaz, saw your pictures on Landracing ar B'ville..... Cool! :P
DLRA Member 752
Livin' the dream!
blownvn

Post by blownvn »

I've just got to put it out there, thanks Gary for sticking your neck out and making these available. All too often these things get left unsaid but I reckon it's great that you've done this.

I should have grabbed an SCTA rulebook before now but I've been procrastinating.
BIG GAZ

Post by BIG GAZ »

Paul and I don't need and aren't looking for thanks. My fervent wish is that members can see the benefits of applying the current 2010 SCTA Rule Book and look past their own difficulties in adopting it for the greater good. There needs to be some changes and we have been extremely lucky as a club up to now. As it was explained to me in Bonneville, every rule in that book was created or changed because someone was killed or seriously injured. For anyone in Australia to say that an SCTA safety issue rule shouldn't apply here is ignorant of the fact that an endo at 200MPH here is the same as an endo at 200 MPH there or a 1,000 deg.C fire has any less intensity on this side of the world.
It always seems to come down to two issues- either cost or convenience. If you can't afford the safety gear or the time to build your car/bike properly then DON'T DO LAND SPEED RACING- it is dangerous. There is no room for compromise when you are pulling your mate out of a burning wreck. Many of us have seen how close we have got to just that situation.
Sorry to get off my horse about this but I feel very passionate about ensuring that the people I have met in this sport are there the next year ready to race in person, not in spirit.
No doubt there will be some heated discussion about this at the meeting on the 10th Oct in Melbourne. I don't expect it to be completley resoveld but I would hope that we make a significant step towards its adoption fairly quickly.
BIG GAZ
gennyshovel

Post by gennyshovel »

BIG GAZ wrote:Hopefully you are all aware of the proposal for the DLRA to move to the 2010 SCTA Rule Book at some point in the future. Paul Lynch and I attended Bonneville last week (full report at next DLRA Meeting) and brought back a number of 2010 SCTA Rule books that I am selling for AUD$10.00 if you collect it from me or $20.00 if I Express Post it to you. Please send me a PM and I will give you my bank details and email address. Needless to say I am not making a profit on this, it is just more convenient for Carol for me to look after it. There is only a limited supply and the SCTA do not have any more left as I cleaned them out so tell your friends and get in early!
BIG GAZ
This is a BARGAN price, mine cost $38.00 all up buying it from the SCTA (noticed how i'national shipping costs have skyrocketed ?)
I value my ass , as do the rest of the Silverton crew & it's not change for change sake, its all about safety.
Tiny DLRA# 484
Postiebike Racing , created & funded by TwoBob Engineering
Last Minute Racing

Post by Last Minute Racing »

Yep i should have waited but you get that. :cry:
I bought 2 for $52.

Thanx
Dave
FASTER! FASTER! BANG F&^*K! F%&*K! F#$%K! s*** MORE MONEY
momec

Post by momec »

Thanks Gaz and Paul.
Good work from you both
Could not agree more. Racers are racers. They will not hesitate when it comes to buying a bigger this or a faster that for more speed, but safety is often compared to cost not consequence.
Chris
Acme Racing #251
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

One less than nice thing that Gaz and I got to do at Bonneville was a post incident inspection on the Chevy Cavalier that went airborne at over 250mph after the driver in his own words "messed up". The car was a complete write off but the driver walked away with relatively minor injuries. I heard that he cracked a few vertebrae which was good considering he bent a 1 inch square piece of tube with his backside and his seat was ripped from it's mounting tabs on one side of the roll cage. However it showed that a window net is a worthwhile investment as both doors came off instantly. The car had only been to 3 events in it's one year life and was well built and compliant with the 2010 regs. A life is worth more than a few thousand bucks on safety gear and a quality build.

Also a big thanks to the Fountain crew who are transporting the books back from the US with their car!

Lynchy
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

Big Gaz, ya got mail :)
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
gennyshovel

Post by gennyshovel »

Am I right in thinking if I build to the 2010 SCTA Rule book regarding 7.G.11 Partial streamlining , I can run at Lake Gairdner in 2011 , despite what the DLRA rule book states regarding rear bodywork and its length as measured from the rear tyre ?
Tiny
Tiny DLRA# 484
BIG GAZ

Post by BIG GAZ »

Tiny,
We had a quick discussion at the meeting on Sunday re this issue. A motion was passed that we would update our rule book and ammend it with what is contained in the SCTA 2010 Rule Book and adopt it as our Rule Book as of our 2012 meeting. Anything that is legal in that Rule Book will be legal for us next year and mandatory the year after that (2012).
BIG GAZ
gennyshovel

Post by gennyshovel »

Thanks for the clarification Gaz
Tiny DLRA# 484
grumm441

Post by grumm441 »

Tiny
Is this about enclosing the rear wheel, because Brett has already run like that
G
They make it
I make it work
gennyshovel

Post by gennyshovel »

grumm441 wrote:Tiny
Is this about enclosing the rear wheel, because Brett has already run like that
G
Yeah Grumm , I wanted to be sure about the ruling
Tiny DLRA# 484
Rob

Post by Rob »

I'm getting a little ahead of myself here but... is traction control now legal in 2011 and beyond?

Cheers,
Rob
I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.