Lake condition as at Dec.27th

Go here to find out what's happening in Oz

Moderator: DLRA

swozzie

Re: Lake condition as at Dec.27th

Post by swozzie »

Bummer... I'm nearly ready to take on the big drive across the Nullarbor... Trany Van's getting a UHF radio fitted, bike's got final Dyno run on friday, just gotta load up after that n go... hopefully... please, please, please... gotta beat Hawk at that 'Naked' 200mph... ;-))

When's the final Lake inspection taking place???

Please weather be Hot n Windy & no more rain!!!

Cheers all, see ya soon... (working on the power of positive thinking now!!! )

Ev
DLRA 443
DLRA # 443

2005 - TZ350 - M/G - 120.4mph
2006 - Yam R1 - MPS/G - 151.789mph , too slow
2007 - wanna have a go at going fast.....
2012 - SCTA. AMA & FIM - ABG1000 - 192 & 202mph
Mossy

Post by Mossy »

The North west pastoral 28 day rain forecast predicts low to medium chance of rain on March 11,12 and 13.
You'll be pleased to know the forecast temperature for Pt Augusta is incrreasing with a forecast top of 40C by Sunday.
Cheers Mossy
DLRA # 959
Dr Goggles

late last week

Post by Dr Goggles »

...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
grumm441

Re: late last week

Post by grumm441 »

Dr Goggles wrote:Image
Nice photo

So is it from Simon's recent visit?
G
They make it
I make it work
Dr Goggles

Post by Dr Goggles »

penny wrote:there is a possability that it is his own dirt as he was asked last event to "not come back to the startline unless he has a tarp under his vehicle " .

paul penny , sometime tarp nazi.
Simon has been a long time supporter of the event , many people have enjoyed his work published in Street Machine , Two Wheels and Australian Motorcycle News amongst others.....he was telling what he saw.

Open honest communication is always important and this event is no different. If there is anyone who can put an argument to me that we should shut up about rain on the lake then I'd love to hear it, seriously,put it up.

Cancellations are a reality , so are expenses that cannot be recouped. To those who think I spend my entire time telling every small snippet of what we do on our tank let me assure you it is a small piece of the picture. It is a shoestring concern like the majority of entrants and finding the money and the time to make it happen is always a struggle.

Lets keep it open, informative and civil....because it is supposed to be fun.
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
outbacktrev

Post by outbacktrev »

To ALL concerned and not concerned racers,
A track inspection will be taking place on the weekend of March 5-6th. :D Peter Noy, myself and maybe a couple of others will be checking out what is going on, :mrgreen: until then all the speculation and angst in the world won't change the outcome. :cry: Remember last year, all was GOOD :D until Saturday evening of race week! :oops:
Keep on working on your various machines and will see you there in 4weeks. :D
Cheers,
Trevor
SDavo

Post by SDavo »

I was out at the Lake last week on Thursday and Saturday photographing for Toyota. The conditions of the Lake on Thursday were promising but Saturday was not.

Definitely not trying to put the panic into anyone. Speedweek has been one my favourite events to photograph each year and I hope with all my heart that this year it will run. I am praying for hot and windy weather at the Lake everyday till March 19th then cool weather with perfect racing conditions till the 25th of March.

I agree with Trevor... "A track inspection will be taking place on the weekend of March 5-6th. Peter Noy, myself and maybe a couple of others will be checking out what is going on, until then all the speculation and angst in the world won't change the outcome. Remember last year, all was GOOD until Saturday evening of race week!"

Apologies again for any unnecessary panic.

Simon.

Looking towards the startline Thursday morning 17.02.11.

Looking towards the pits Thursday morning 17.02.11.

Looking towards the startline Saturday morning 19.02.11.

Looking towards the pits Saturday morning 19.02.11.

ROSS BROWN

Post by ROSS BROWN »

All Good, All Good....
Any body got one of these things I can borrow.. 8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M2SC6nQ4OE
IT IS ALL A RACE AGAINST TIME.
TIME WAITS FOR NO ONE.

HOW FAST CAN YOU GO ?

S/UF 925
OLDtimer

Post by OLDtimer »

Dr G, there is nothing to be gained by continually mentioning rain on the lake & putting people into panic mode. The fact is, we will be looking at the lake conditions in a couple of weeks, & nothing can be done until then. Think positive ! Pete, DLRA #6.
Greg Watters

Post by Greg Watters »

Lots of time yet :D , we all saw how quickly similar water moved away last year, just hope we don't get too much more
The bike building continues 8)
project100

Post by project100 »

Dr. Goggles,SDavo and others, thanks for the info and pics. It's great to be kept informed about things.
I nearly had a psychic girlfriend but she left me before we met.
Norm

Post by Norm »

And also remember that it has been a full moon. Lets all hope that its hot out there, no rain and lost of wind to below it either north or south :mrgreen: :evil: :roll: 8) :lol:
off tap racing

Post by off tap racing »

Hi all, just flew back to work and took a pic as we flew over the lake, it looks like there is water to the western side, down low on the southern end, a band across the northern end and two arms on the eastern side, its in the mid 30s up here with a slight breeze,Graeme. (sorry cant log into photobucket so no pic ill try later)
OLDPOP

Post by OLDPOP »

Road in now open

Home > Quicklinks > Road Reports & Traffic Restrictions > Northern Roads Report

Outback Roads Temporary Closures, Restrictions and Warnings Report

Gawler Ranges

Area: | Gawler Ranges

Issued Wednesday 23rd February 2011 at 2:41pm
A new report will be issued when any road conditions change.

Glendambo to Kingoonya - Closed - Due to flooded road
Kingoonya to Wirrulla - Warning - with caution - drive to conditions, With caution - drive to conditions
Kingoonya to Stuart Highway - 4WD Only - Also open to Heavy Vehicles. Caution at washouts . Extreme caution at sharp gutter 20km south of Stuart Highway
Kingoonya to Tarcoola - 4WD Only - Caution at creek crossings, ponded water and washouts
Hiltaba to Iron Knob - Warning - with caution - drive to conditions

Regards
Phill H
DLRA # 1102
PLUCKA

Post by PLUCKA »

Leaving for the Lake tomorrow morning. it was confirmed that there was water around the ramp area and north up past the canteen about 50 odd metres out. There was also water at about the 6 mile marker and beyond. This was approx 1 1/2 weeks ago and we have had some hot days, today and tomorrow no exception. We all know that wind and heat dries the Lake out quite fast with about 300 mm a month. And for the long range weather for the next week before track inspection is 30 degrees + a day.

Plucka