Lake condition as at Dec.27th

Go here to find out what's happening in Oz

Moderator: DLRA

off tap racing

Re: Lake condition as at Dec.27th

Post by off tap racing »

Hi all, has the idea of two dates for the year ever been but forward, one in march and say one around august, september. in case one date is washed out. that way if one is cancelled its only four to five months till the next meet not twelve, just a thought thats all, Graeme.
Rob

Post by Rob »

G'day Dave,

August/Sept would clash with Bonneville for anyone wishing to ship vehicles here to run or Aussie wanting to run in the US.

I was thinking along similar lines today but with perhaps a 2 week window in March for us to run 5 consecutive days of racing. No doubt there'll be a heap of ideas put forward.

I still want a program and a couple of shirts!

Cheers,
Rob
I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.
Dr Goggles

Post by Dr Goggles »

KeithTurk wrote:Okay ... this is the second time I've been here in Adelaide for this ..... we'll be loading the bike back in the trailer this morning and sorting out our flights back home... Damn it man...
K
I feel for ya Keith, someone really didn't want us there this year.
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
RGV

Post by RGV »

After getting the bad news we spent the night at Mambray Creek to drown our sorrows.

Got home at 4.00 Sat will get the bike out of the van and head to the Murray river for a few days fishing and drinking.

See you all next year. Hope every one has a safe trip home.

Thanx
Dave (Last Minute Racing)

Last Minute Racing
DLRA #928

2010 MPS/G 250 118 MPH
2011 Washed Out
2012 Washed Out
2013 MPS/G 250 131 MPH (RECORD)
2014 MPS/G 250 140 MPH (RECORD)
2015 MPS/F 250 DNF
2016 MPS/F 250 114 MPH (RECORD)
2017 MPS/F 250 DNF
firemanjim

Post by firemanjim »

Shit!!!
Havachat

Post by Havachat »

Gday to all those who managed to make the trip to the Lake, & those who were on their way.
Nathan & I made it to 60kms west of Nyngan when our proposed week of fun turned to sh-t.
See ya all next year.

Craig.

P.S. We need bitumen under our tires, just like the V 8's in Adelaide.
Keep the H.P. burning & the wheels turning
Rob

Post by Rob »

Just checked and the road from Iron Knob is still closed to all traffic.

At least the radar is clear and they may be able to get out soon.
I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Gaz and I just got out and are heading back to Sydney. The road is still closed and I'd recommend not trying to go in for a look. The road is not bad on the whole but the mud is deep and long in stretches plus it is closed. I went for a walk on the lake last night before the shortened auction and the tide was in. About 9 or so inches of water over a layer of slippery mud. The wind had blown the water to our side of the lake but it is completely covered.

There may be a meeting in Melbourne in may.

Rob - there plenty of programs and shirts available.

Lynchy
Reverend Hedgash

Post by Reverend Hedgash »

Thanks for the info Lynchy.

It's gonna be a long drive home for your guys...

dik
DLRA Member#412
neonasty

Post by neonasty »

We left early saturday and heard the news about 2 hours out of Adelaide. Decided to make a long weekend of it instead and visited the Yorke Peninsula. It was very pretty, then we took the scenic route to Mildura, and eventually today made it back to Melbourne, Via Swanhill.

Pity it was called off, but theres nothing anyone can do about it. I think everyone appreciated all the hardwork many of you put into it. Even though it was a washout Im still keen to visit next year. Whether I can schedual it in or not is another story,

I'll keep an eye on the forum

-Shaun
RGV

Post by RGV »

Just an update on my earlier post, I would like to thank all the people that put so much of their time and energy into this years event.

We will be back next year as im sure many others will be. Another year of development cant hurt.

At least its still raining, would be pretty pissed if it fined up Monday LOL.

Seems that Talem Bend Motorsport Park has a TEST & TUNE day on most Saturdays, they have a 1.4 k long straight so might have a look at a run or two there, will have to refit my front brakes tho.

http://www.tailembendmotorsport.com/

Thanx
Dave (Last Minute Racing)

Last Minute Racing
DLRA #928

2010 MPS/G 250 118 MPH
2011 Washed Out
2012 Washed Out
2013 MPS/G 250 131 MPH (RECORD)
2014 MPS/G 250 140 MPH (RECORD)
2015 MPS/F 250 DNF
2016 MPS/F 250 114 MPH (RECORD)
2017 MPS/F 250 DNF
BONES

Post by BONES »

BUGGER
Back home tonight.
Found out about cancelation at Balranald on saturday morning and headed for Greg Watters'.
Went to my first tractor pull and ran the bike on the dyno-- at least we got to make and hear some noise.
THANKS to everyone who was already at the lake waiting to set up.
See you all soon
cheers Bones
DirtyDave

Post by DirtyDave »

Tailem Bend is 2.6 km long Dave, but was last resurfaced about 25 years ago so could be bumpy..there is rally event on there this week but they are not using the straight away........I would like to put a proper shakedown event together with proper planning and better preperation to give poeple time to get organised..Chat soonner than later Ace..
Don't Worry, It only seems Kinky the first time..
Galaxie111

Post by Galaxie111 »

Thanks to all who organise this event. Eleven of us from around Echuca, Vic were heading over when we heard of the cancellation at 11am Sat while in Mildura, and we said bugger it were off to Peterborough anyway. Got home today and had a good couple of days getting here. Thanks again to all who put in the huge effort to run this event and we'll try again next year. Cheers all.
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

Arrwell, finally got home `bout four this arvo :D ,, all in all it was a good road trip, the country`s lookin a picture after the rain 8) ,, one very scarie moment around lunchtime today, a small council truck came across double lines directly towards a silver commerdore that i was following about hundred yards behind,, huge cloud of tyre smoke,,, i felt sick :shock: ,, both vehicles stopped nose to nose approx 18 inches apart,, both drivers were looking at each other like stunned mullets as i crept past :| ,,,,,
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,