Lake condition as at Dec.27th

Go here to find out what's happening in Oz

Moderator: DLRA

Mossy

Re: Lake condition as at Dec.27th

Post by Mossy »

Had about 4mm of rain in Pt Augusta so far this morning. The radar is showing that it is breaking up out west over the lake. The road is only open to 4WD at the moment.
Cheers Mossy
DLRA # 959
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

We are in PA at the moment fueling up. We will be on our way to Iron Knob soon to see if we can get through. It's still lightly raining here in PA but we are in a 4x4 so we should be ok on the road. If it is no good and we come back, we will advise.

Lynchy and Big Gaz
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Rained all the way to IK. The road is only open to 4x4. We'll post again if we have to turn back.

Lynchy
Rob

Post by Rob »

Here's the latest Woomera radar image 3:10pm local time.

I'm flying into Adelaide tomorrow evening and driving up but not in a 4WD, Ugh!
I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.
Rob

Post by Rob »

I just got off the phone to the camp. It is raining there and has been for a while, Mt Ive have closed the roads on the station including to the lake.

The event is NOT cancelled and no decision wll be made before midday tomorrow. I should get another call then and will post here asap after that.
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

Arrived in Port Agusta `bout half an hour ago, 3:15pm, still raining, although light,,, booked into the Big4 caravan park, option for tomorrow night,, settle back, crack a beer and let the "bullshit" (in this cabin) begin, :wink: :D
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
RGV

Post by RGV »

We are packed and ready for an early start in the morning. Will keep an eye on the site on the way up. The wonders of modern science.

May the gods of speed please shine down on us.

Thanx
Dave

Last Minute Racing
DLRA #928

2010 MPS/G 250 118 MPH
2011 Washed Out
2012 Washed Out
2013 MPS/G 250 131 MPH (RECORD)
2014 MPS/G 250 140 MPH (RECORD)
2015 MPS/F 250 DNF
2016 MPS/F 250 114 MPH (RECORD)
2017 MPS/F 250 DNF
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Guys

We are at Mt Ive station and can give a status from here:

The road in to Mt Ive is open but only to 4 wheel drives and heavy vehicles. We came in a Hilux and it was a tough in sections and I'd recommend you don't try it in a 2 wheel drive. The road in to the lake was closed but has now been opened again. The station staff have asked that people minimise the driving on the Mt Ive Station roads as they do get chopped up by traffic. It is still raining here and is fairly steady.

Please exercise extreme caution if you are driving in. It is still very slippery.

Rob - This is as of 3:45pm and was from the station staff who also allowed us to post this message.

Lynchy
off tap racing

Post by off tap racing »

mmm looks like there might be a gathering of 2WD vehicles waiting at the iron knob turn off, i'll be there about 9ish tomorrow, waiting......... Graeme.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Don't panic, the fat lady isn't singing yet. We ran the last two years with a shortened program and may well do again.

I rang the Big 4 Pt Augusta as this is where a lot of guys stay. Left a message there and will do so again when I get a call tomorrow so anyone in Pt Augusta should be able to get the info from there.

I will not be able to get online until later tomorrow afternoon but am hoping to get the call before 1pm.
Reverend Hedgash

Post by Reverend Hedgash »

She may not be singing but I reckon I've heard her warming up for a while now...
DLRA Member#412
davidald

Post by davidald »

There were a few fat ladies out there last year. Which one are you on about? Team Trident will be there Sunday arvo with a 20 sq mile tarp.
TEAM TRIDENT
IN2VWS

Post by IN2VWS »

Sitting here in Port Augusta......

Rob

Post by Rob »

Thanks Paul & good on the station owners for the internet access!

I've PMed you my number if you'd rather ring from the camp than drive to the station and get online.

How much water is actually on the lake and how far out is it deep?? The forecast looks promising dependant upon the lake condition.

From the Transport SA website, 5:25pm local time -- Hiltaba to Iron Knob - 4WD Only - Extreme caution due to slippery, boggy conditions, ponded water and washouts.
http://www.transport.sa.gov.au/quicklin ... /area3.asp

Cheers,
Rob
Cookey

Post by Cookey »

The current weather radar At 7:00AM SA time is showing no rain at the lake area and the bureau has lifted the severe thunderstorm warning notice for S.A. :D :D

My question for the day is: "What is happening with the DLRA recorded message service" :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
It appears to me that after posting the last update from Pt Augusta at 10:30AM on Thursday the phone has been taken out of mobile range (to the lake maybe) and as such the message cannot be updated. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Correct me if I am wrong but if this is the case then the idea is completely useless. :evil: :evil:
Cheers,
Tony Cooke
DLRA # 363