Greg Watters wrote:Time to find an alternative venue , maybe Woomera if this occurs again, just have a plan b , whatever costs or complications are sure to be less than total costs and probs caused to several hundred people at this point
Spot on Greg,
Mother nature has hammered the nail into the coffin so to speak as far as us running this year, but time may (or may not) will tell if the call to cancel Speedweek 2011 should have been left as late as it was as there appears to be some issues that were made evident as far back as Monday when the situation of damage to the entry and exit point caused by a film crew who had been using the lake was posted.
We have to wear the carry over damage that other users of the lake such as film crews (who have humungus budgets to gain access) and just seem to keep on getting away with it.
Never the less we have no control over the weather and have relied upon historical data in deciding on the time to run Speedweek this year.
There has to be an alternate racing venue such as Woomera for an albeit restricted meet so that those who make the long haul still have somewhere to run for an official DLRA time.