Lake condition as at Dec.27th

Go here to find out what's happening in Oz

Moderator: DLRA

Dr Goggles

Re: Lake condition as at Dec.27th

Post by Dr Goggles »

ROSS BROWN wrote:
Dr Goggles wrote:barrpppp, baaaarrrrrrrp, baaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrppppp , baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrpppppppppppp.
Sounds like a V6
and must be a car.. 4 speed box
But not the belly tank .. 2010 as first gear didn't sound that clean.
there was a definate hic /coff sound
b-iaaaarrrcarrrrrrrrrrrrrrpppp ... in sought of a flat c note... :D
Still six months out... but after those pictures of dry salt, the entusiasm level has lifted a notch or 2.
Thank you. SALTBOSS.....
yes!........ and no, never used first on the track..... that first "barrppp" is just getting it rolling( in 2nd) with a bounce of the clutch , the second one is second gear again with the clutch out, then third, then fourth....but close.

man I must be bored...........

It's pissing down outside and I've been trying to get the Sprite of Sunshine into a state where I could at least take it to Chopped as a display......... not looking likely at this stage... :( :( :( :(
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
gennyshovel

Post by gennyshovel »

I ran into an 'ol mate at a reunion of '70's bike moles here this weekend, and he's involved in the film industry, and yup, he and his crew have been lakeside several times ( I think we know what their attitude to nature is ?)
He did mention, one visit to the lake, the salt was marked out for the shoot, as the thunderclouds rolled in up north, although it never rained where they were setup, the next day the water had blown down, and the thunderstorms were still up north.
When the crew went to pack up their gear, the salty water was LIVE , and anyone who touched metal objects, got zapped !
Apparently lightning was touching down up north and the brine conducted more than a small amount of the electrickery !
I'd never have thought,,,,, :shock:
Tiny DLRA# 484
Postiebike Racing , created & funded by TwoBob Engineering
grumm441

Post by grumm441 »

gennyshovel wrote: He did mention, one visit to the lake, the salt was marked out for the shoot, as the thunderclouds rolled in up north, although it never rained where they were setup, the next day the water had blown down, and the thunderstorms were still up north.
When the crew went to pack up their gear, the salty water was LIVE , and anyone who touched metal objects, got zapped !
Apparently lightning was touching down up north and the brine conducted more than a small amount of the electrickery !
I'd never have thought,,,,, :shock:
Cheezelsvonrenquist

Who would've thought
I suddenly feel very differently about the the Friday at Speedweek on Bonneville, when the lightning was touching down on the lake just east of us

G
They make it
I make it work
penny

Post by penny »

News from the lake today 28th december 2011 . The camp phone is working and Stan informs us that they could race on the lake today except for the wind . So the surface is that good .
glengowrie annexe of the Institute of Backyard Studies
Montlhery

Post by Montlhery »

Thanks for the info ,Penny .Should we start a new thread for updates on Salt condition for Speedweek 2012 ?
RGV

Post by RGV »

Only 80 days to go.

I like the art work for this year, very stylish.

Last Minute Racing
DLRA #928

2010 MPS/G 250 118 MPH
2011 Washed Out
2012 Washed Out
2013 MPS/G 250 131 MPH (RECORD)
2014 MPS/G 250 140 MPH (RECORD)
2015 MPS/F 250 DNF
2016 MPS/F 250 114 MPH (RECORD)
2017 MPS/F 250 DNF
gennyshovel