TEST & TUNE WEEKENDS IN S.A.

Go here to find out what's happening in Oz

Moderator: DLRA

Dr Goggles

Re: TEST & TUNE WEEKENDS IN S.A.

Post by Dr Goggles »

Greg Watters wrote:Taller tires doc ???
You're tryin to start somethin' aren't ya Maj,..........

let me see taller tires? er like 30's or 32's?...hmmm they'd be on 18inch rims yeah?........

Now, for the innocent bystanders here getting 5x18 inch rims is basically impossible here , they need to be bought/brought in from the US , this has been a continuing theme for us here at the Spirit of Sunshine possum park and bellytank workshop........

Not this week, probably not next week either.
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
dave leaney

Post by dave leaney »

Last edited by dave leaney on Sun May 27, 2012 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grumm441

Post by grumm441 »

dave leaney wrote:18 inch rims? I'll tell you what Doc, I'll make you a set.
Be no excuses then.
Cheers,
Dave.
Then all we'll need is some money for tyres, and some drums for the front
Will we be having tech?
I'll definitely come along for the November meet, but will be at Bonneville in August
G
They make it
I make it work
Dr Goggles

Post by Dr Goggles »

Dave, I hope you've got lots of Calamine because the Reverend is gonna be all over you like a rash....we now have gear sets for the rear end that mean we don't need anything bigger than the 28's but cosmetically the Rev wants to go to 28 fronts(currently 26) and 30 or 32 rears...and that would spare a few more worms from decapitation.....personally I can always think of something to spend money on before bigger wheels but like Tony Abbott, I'm all ears........... :wink:
Last edited by Dr Goggles on Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
The Panel Van Man

Post by The Panel Van Man »

Don't think I can get there in May but August that's a different thing. Now 3.08 Diff or 2.92 any ideas. TPVM.
P.S. Well done to the organizers.
wfpv
dave leaney

Post by dave leaney »

Last edited by dave leaney on Sun May 27, 2012 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mossy

Post by Mossy »

Great news. Will be much better than Whyalla's 1/8 mile drag strip I was thinking I would have to test on.
Going to aim on having the bike ready to run in November.
Cheers Mossy
DLRA # 959
momec3

Post by momec3 »

OK sorry but I have to ask.. The insurance question. Is it all good to go.

Chris
Chris
OLDtimer

Post by OLDtimer »

Insurance is factored into the hire of the facility, as long as the meet remains a test & tune. If it evolves into a competitive race meeting or if we get heaps of spectators, then it becomes another story. We are looking into these things next. Pete DLRA #6
GSUZ

Post by GSUZ »

Hey guys, ive been out there recently and the track is an old drag strip. I was on a GSXR 750 and it was first and second gear wheelie then back off at around 6-800metres to get back to yor Question Greg on how far we can go. There are a few little rough spots on the return or right side of the track and some change in surface at the same spot but still good enough to go fast. There is a toilet block there and plenty of camping area. Please let me know if i can be of any help
turbo RB

Post by turbo RB »

I put my first posting in build diaries f@$k knows why this seems more appropirate , here is some more footage at Tailem Bend http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7CuDm3-uvk
off tap racing

Post by off tap racing »

Hi all, are these dates guarented, because they all the date fall when i'm away for work and i will have to apply for holidays, cheers Graeme #613
OLDtimer

Post by OLDtimer »

Graeme, These dates have been locked in to make sure we don't miss out on hiring the track as many other weekends have already been booked by other clubs. Pete.DLRA #6
project100

Post by project100 »

Great news. It will be fantastic to test out those theories, which seem so logical on paper, prior to heading out to a remote lake or claypan.
What will be the cost to participate ?
I nearly had a psychic girlfriend but she left me before we met.
OLDtimer

Post by OLDtimer »

We are paying $1500.00 to hire the facility for the weekend, including camping fees. For the first weekend we are going to split this between everyone who runs. Future events may have a set fee, depending on numbers, extra costs, etc. Pete DLRA #6