Speed Week dates for 2012

Go here to find out what's happening in Oz

Moderator: DLRA

Montlhery

Speed Week dates for 2012

Post by Montlhery »

At the meeting in Melbourne last Sunday I believe the dates were set : Monday 19th March to Friday 23rd of March .Cled had spoken to a weather guru who has told him it will be a dry event ! If a club official could please confirm these dates .Thanks
DLRA
Site Admin

Re: Speed Week dates for 2012

Post by DLRA »

Those dates are correct. Your weather forecast is a little off, the "experts" say
A chance of light rain next year and then drier each year after that for the next 4 years.
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
Dr Goggles

Post by Dr Goggles »

Time to get in touch with Lennox Walker :lol: :lol: :lol:
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
momec3

Post by momec3 »

The laws of probability state that we will all neck ourselves if its wet again. :x

Chris
Chris
penny

Post by penny »

just do it . In the australian outback it cant , wont rain every year .
My main concern is we are continually " ripped off " with the condition of the ramp access . One would think that with what Mt Ive stand to lose with Speedweek cancellation that they would become more vigillant of users of the lake access ramp
one of the major problems being film crews are being told to "wash salt off" when leaving the lake and being supplied with water . We brush off salt and for our whole week don't wreck the ramp , but then we are proactive and use mats for our entry to the salt . Paul Penny member 825
Last edited by penny on Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
glengowrie annexe of the Institute of Backyard Studies
OLDPOP

Post by OLDPOP »

Maybe they should ask for a big cash up front deposit and only refund if lake is left
in good condition

Regards

Phill H
DLRA # 1102
PLUCKA

Post by PLUCKA »

As the club appointed several S.A members to deal with issues, if and as they arise, regarding the Lake,Traditional owners and leasees, the ramp will be one of these issues.
My opinion and I know we have been here before,but I would like to see a man made ramp extending out, being made of materials so it blends with the environment surrounds, while being constructed in a cultural and sensitive way that appease the traditional owners. I would also like to see white removable boldards at this entrance to stop unwanted visitors, which I have seen there on at various time on my patrol.

As for the washing of vehicles this has been bought up, and we will revert back to blowing vehicles off as we all know where the water laid after several wash downs occured. Yep at the entrance.

My opinion

Plucka
689#
Cookey

Post by Cookey »

Plucka,

I wasn't DLRA that have been washing vehicles down at the lake entrance.
We have seen the film crews up there previously using a water truck and operator from Mt. Ive Station to do the washing down. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Cheers,
Tony Cooke
DLRA # 363