2005 video's

Go here to find out what's happening in Oz

Moderator: DLRA

blownvn

Post by blownvn »

It's a shame, I had every intention of going along this year to film and I have top quality gear but I got a job putting together some magazine stuff that was due on the Speedweek week and ended up not coming. I had to weigh up the possible revenue from the video against the guaranteed revenue of the magazine and it didn't compare.

I'll check the schedule for next year and see how we fare.
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

DLRA 112 wrote:This footage may be a bit old but still on "The Age" Newspaper web site.

http://www.theage.com.au/flash/salt/salt2/salt2.html

Where is Big John ??? as he is in it he may now when it was filmed.

Simon.
This fotage is from the `04 event.
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
DLRA 112

Post by DLRA 112 »

Stayt`ie wrote:
DLRA 112 wrote:This footage may be a bit old but still on "The Age" Newspaper web site.

http://www.theage.com.au/flash/salt/salt2/salt2.html

Where is Big John ??? as he is in it he may now when it was filmed.

Simon.
This fotage is from the `04 event.

Yes, Correct. I found that out after I posted the information.
Member DLRA 112.
bigfastjohn

Post by bigfastjohn »

Howdy all just to kill any remaining hope re the 60 min film , after many calls and lots of promising I finally recieved "All the footage" it consisted of all? the footage of me only ,which was great for me but no good for anyone else. Sorry but I did try John
DLRA 112

Post by DLRA 112 »

john lynch wrote: I finally recieved footage
great.

john lynch wrote: of me only ,which was great for me but no good for anyone else.

Typical News Crew Editors. They knew no one else would want to use it if only supplied what you would want to see.

Would be great to borrow it some time John and have a look if that is possible please.
Member DLRA 112.
Greg Watters

Post by Greg Watters »

I have heard comment from several people that they saw Australian footage on Foxtel, has anyone seen that?? or are they confusing it with US footage?
One even said he had a copy but his kids put cartoons over top :oops:
Dr Goggles

The Age web-site and video footage

Post by Dr Goggles »

Hi All
The "footage" from the Age website is actually stills....at times it looks like video but the effect is from panning over photo's , there isn't anything moving in the shots if you look closely ...I had little to do with the final production of it , I did the sound recordings and took photo's.The bulk of those shots are mine , some came from the club's site .Dik Jarman #412 a.k.a "Reverend Headgash has hours and hours ( he's gonna kill me) of broadcast quality footage from '04 and '05 ....his main problem is the time it takes to edit down. He's won an AFI award in the past ( dead again) for animation so he's a funning cucker with a camera......I'll work on him and see if we can maybe just dump it down without too much agonizing over it....if not I'll point him out to anyone who's interested at the lake and you can pester him personally :lol:

The intention was to do another slideshow for 2005 but my contact at the Age went to work for Rupert .If there is anyone in the club who has the smarts to produce something similar let me know because I have more recordings including a full-track recording of the Dent/Bradshaw Mustang and a particularly funny discussion between Mark Bryant and Animal , we've also got about a thousand shots from this year , yeah, a thousand .
Reverend Hedgash

Video

Post by Reverend Hedgash »

Tis true,
I have footage from 2004 and 2005.

Have been meaning to edit together but where has the time gone?? Only three and a bit months to March and the Tank is less than three quarters complete....

I shall try to cut the footage together to be available at the March 2006 meet. DVD and Video format.

I have also been in contact with Mark Brazeau who is the official photographer for SCTA Bonneville (and is a member of Gear Grinders). Looks like he'll be coming out next year to shoot some stuff as well.

Reverend H+

:twisted:
DLRA Member#412
Greg Watters

Post by Greg Watters »

Stewie or Dik
give me a call 0428 655 445 i know someone who may be able to help.
Dr Goggles

Audio slideshows

Post by Dr Goggles »

Back again , ta Greg for the hook-up I'm yet to call him but I will , on another front it turns out there's a new computer at work that's about to be loaded with just the right programs to build up web slideshows .I can't guarrantee when I'll get them done or whether they'll be up to the standard of the Age items .As for content they'll once again go on the best combo of photo's and sound bites that I've got ....like for instance our Mr Stayte's bike and rave on the first one ( grouse bike , neat run-down) or Leigh Fielder's comments about Bonneville or even your very own Greg , I just wish they'd put on the bit about "Australia's southern-most rice grower " you wag.

It seems that precautionary "turning over" might have got Dik started...his stuff is noice , it's just the sheer bulk of it .

I reckon there should be a big screen at the canteen during the week so that videos and DVD's can be run at dinner time .Any-one?

"Gee Oh Gee Gee "
Greg Watters

Post by Greg Watters »

Dr G
Talked to John B today and mentioned what you needed , he would be keen to do it if your work computer isn't up to the job, He also wanted to talk salt as he may be bringing a bike out in March .
Dr Goggles

Post by Dr Goggles »

Monsieur Escargot !
Thanks for that .It must have been right at the time you posted that that I was thinking ,"I should call that bloke ..." so I'll get on to it .....did you go to Heathcote?

Here at Belly Tank Left of Central we've finally come to our senses and ditched the Buick in favour of a Commodore V6 ...some of the bits we needed to make the Buick go hard weren't a practical get.... the holden motors are as common as 202's were so it makes it all a bit cheaper and opens up the possibility of building up a few different ones for different classes...dream on brother...... :roll:
Greg Watters

Post by Greg Watters »

Heathcote was called off! not many chances to test now till i finish the harvest.

3.8 v6 should have a lot of performance options.
I'm decompressing a set of heads for an ecotec motor so a mate can turbo his holden powered hilux ( i can see lots of broken drive train parts in the making :lol: )
Dr Goggles

Post by Dr Goggles »

Hi Greg
Spoke to JB today , sent him to look at the slideshows we did last year on the net and am gonna hook up to see what we can come up with . At the rate I'm going that ain't gonna be anytime soon...I work , spend my pay on the 'Tank , go back to work . Get paid , spend money on tank , scratch myself , go back to work .....the lucky bit is that my job has lots of driving 'round town( and sitting on this computer) and that means lots of little errands can be run ....got those mongrel bloody ET's fitted today .Can you drive the header around town ?:wink:

ps. when you've perfected those "prototype" decomp' heads I'll be ordering a set !