2012 DLRA Speed Week Volunteers Register

Go here to find out what's happening in Oz

Moderator: DLRA

DLRA
Site Admin

2012 DLRA Speed Week Volunteers Register

Post by DLRA »

The 2012 DLRA Speed Week Volunteers Register is now open! As you all know Speed Week cannot operate without volunteers, this register exists to ensure that we have the right number of volunteers where and when we need them. (more...)

It's a great way to become involved, learn and help out the DLRA along the way. We welcome members and non-members, seasoned veterans right through to newbies there is a job for you!
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
DLRA
Site Admin

Re: 2012 DLRA Speed Week Volunteers Register

Post by DLRA »

Well, here we are 7 weeks out from Speed Week 2012 and pre-entries are closing this Sunday
As of today we have had 97 people nominate to help us run this event and a big thanks to each and every one of you (see the list here)

But it was very disappointing today when I reconciled the volunteers against the 2012 entrants list (carried over from 2010, 2011)
There are 138 entrants who are yet to volunteer to help run the event.
And just 72 that have (Thanks goes to you).

Some of these positions are more critical than others, but if they are not filled we cannot run an event, it's as simple as that.
There will be a board at the registration caravan with the volunteer schedule posted for each day and people are welcome to nominate on the day, but it sure would be nice for entrants to know that the track will be not be closed due to a lack of volunteers.

If there is one thing I can say to entrants to encourage you to register now, it is - At the moment there is a good choice of jobs and days to do them, but the closer we get to Speed Week, the less options you will have.

Set Up - Wednesday 14th March 2012 (nominate here)
We need a couple of people to help Peter Noy with assisting the surveyors for track layout.

Set Up - Thursday 15th March 2012 (nominate here)
17 of the 24 positions still aren't filled

Set Up - Friday 16th March 2012 (nominate here)
22 of the 35 positions still aren't filled
We need people to Place track markers, Track preparation, Pits preparation, Servicing Diesel motors

Set Up - Saturday 17th March 2012 (nominate here)
9 of the 29 positions still aren't filled
We need cleaners and a couple of people t help Carol in the registration van.

Set Up - Sunday 18th March 2012 (nominate here)
Only 1 of the 25 positions aren't filled
Need a cleaner for the toilets/showers at the camp

Racing - Monday 19th March 2012 (nominate here)
25 of the 56 positions still aren't filled
We need people for Pre-Stage Area, Track 2 GPS Gear Stewards and Timers and in the Merchandise Tent handling retail, camp and lake entry fees

Racing - Tuesday 20th March 2012 (nominate here)
21 of the 58 positions still aren't filled
We need people for Pre-Stage Area, Track 1 Starter assistants, Track 2 GPS Gear Stewards and Timers, Merchandise Tent handling retail, camp and lake entry fees and a cleaner

Racing - Wednesday 21st March 2012 (nominate here)
23 of the 58 positions still aren't filled
We need people for Pre-Stage Area, Track 1 Starter assistants, Track 2 GPS Gear Stewards and Timers, Merchandise Tent handling retail, camp and lake entry fees and a cleaner

Racing - Thursday 22nd March 2012 (nominate here)
32 of the 58 positions still aren't filled

Racing - Friday 23rd March 2012 (nominate here)
20 of the 37 positions still aren't filled

Packup - Friday 23rd March 2012 (nominate here)
20 of the 42 positions still aren't filled
We need people for; return timing van, collect portable toilets, take water containers back to camp, pck up mats at lake entrance, remove track scraper, cleaners
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
RGV

Post by RGV »

Im not making excuses for the people that havnt volunteered, but there seems to be a small proportion of the members that frequent the forum.

Thats not to say they dont browse the DLRA Home Page where there is a link to the Volunteer Registration Page.

Perhaps we need to do a mass email to all members to remind them of their responsibly as a participant in this great event.

No need to just email the ones that have yet to put their hands up as that would make the job quite a bit harder, im sure those that have already volunteered wont mind.

I dont know if there is an email list of all current members, if there isnt its probably too big of a job this late in the proceedings.

Just a thought.

Last Minute Racing
DLRA #928

2010 MPS/G 250 118 MPH
2011 Washed Out
2012 Washed Out
2013 MPS/G 250 131 MPH (RECORD)
2014 MPS/G 250 140 MPH (RECORD)
2015 MPS/F 250 DNF
2016 MPS/F 250 114 MPH (RECORD)
2017 MPS/F 250 DNF
JonB

Post by JonB »

Is the cleaning something that can be be done before or after racing?

Thanks
Jon
DLRA#1115
Underhouse Engineering
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

G'Day Jon,

There's only 2 cleaning jobs;
1. Cleaning the 2 aboultion blocks at the DLRA camp
This is pretty straight forward, but it would need to be done a couple of times a day.
It would be up to you when you did it.

2, Cleaning the portable toilets on the lake
Bit more involved here as cleaning involves emptying the toilets as well as cleaning them and re-stocking them.
So you would need a car with towbar, to take the toilet off the lake to the dump site, pump them out and return them.
Fortunately JB & Kenny2 from Team Silverton will be doing the bulk of this during race days.
But we need someone to drag them down to the lake on Set Up Saturday, clean and empty on Sunday and then drag them back and clean them on the Friday
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
gennyshovel

Post by gennyshovel »

Team Silverton will be leaving for lake G a day earlier than 1st planned, so the dunny duties will be taken care of saturday, Kenny 2 is now sporting a set of fats, moon discs, and a stack, trying to up the 36 MPH portyloo record with style :lol:
Tiny DLRA# 484
Postiebike Racing , created & funded by TwoBob Engineering
off tap racing

Post by off tap racing »

i was going to come up saturday morning but have since planned to come up friday afternoon to set up and help with the set up on saturday/sunday, ill have a ute with towbar and am happy to help with any jobs, Graeme #613
BOB ELLIS

Post by BOB ELLIS »

Greg even tho havent put my name on any of the lists , i'll probably be out there on the Wed (if only to try and keep Pete somewhat sober and sane),and as before help arrange the layout and set up of the two tracks,pits, etc,etc.Then of course the tedious job of tech inspections,and other duties,
See ya there guys,

Get ya name down on the volunteer list!! The quicker things get done , the sooner you get out on the track!!
Heidi1

Post by Heidi1 »

Hello there

I'm more than happy to help out. I've clicked on the jobs to get an idea of what is involved (to see if I have the skills), but I'm not getting much of an idea. Is there is a list of job descriptions so I can see what I might be suited to? I'm pretty handy, and I organise people for a living.

Cheers

Heidi
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

G'day Heidi,
Sounds like you would be ideal to help Carol with memberships at the registration caravan on Saturday if you will be there then or during the week doing merchandise or helping out on the GPS Track any day. The GPS Gear Steward gives a GPS unit to each competitor at the start line or retrrieves them on the return road the Timing/Speed recorder notes down the competitors number snd the speed they ran (reading from the GPS).
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
Heidi1

Post by Heidi1 »

Hey mate, thanks heaps for the suggestion, that sounds exactly what I would be good at. I'll sign up for the merchandise tent now, and see what else I can help with when we get out to the Lake. We're not getting there until Sunday late afternoon, so I won't be able to help Carol. Due to the floods, I won't sign up for anything before Tuesday, just in case we end up taking the long way ;) My mate is keen to help too, he will be very handy.

Looking forward to it.

Cheers

Heidi
JonB

Post by JonB »

Hi

Is there a new volunteer register happening?
I won't be able to work the Saturday this time but will be able to volunteer more time through the week.

Cheers
jon
DLRA#1115
Underhouse Engineering
Cookey

Post by Cookey »

C'mon Greg,
Get the ball rolling please> :P :P :P :P :P
Cheers,
Tony Cooke
DLRA # 363