Lake condition and forecast

Go here to find out what's happening in Oz

Moderator: DLRA

AuotonomousRX

Re: Lake condition and forecast

Post by AuotonomousRX »

Here are the Latest LandsatLook pics Dec 12th

Image Image

The difference since October is encouraging, and the Dry Hot Weather has just started down here.

Happy New Year everyone :D :D

Pete
Still trying to decide if I am a procrastinator

Pete :?
DLRA #866
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

[quote="Cookey"]He had another quick look at midday yesterday (Sunday 29th) on the way out and there was moisture rising up from under the salt surface!!

tidal or evapouration, :)
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

Stayt`ie wrote:
Cookey wrote:He had another quick look at midday yesterday (Sunday 29th) on the way out and there was moisture rising up from under the salt surface!!

tidal or evapouration, :)
Just had a look at the lunar charts, next full moon is in 15 days, so don't think it's a "high tide". I'd be happy with evapouration. :D
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
OLDtimer

Post by OLDtimer »

Cookie must have had too many wines ! He got it around the wrong way. Midday the lake was dry, I returned around 6pm & the surface was wet. It was just the hot weather drawing moisture up to the surface.
Pete Noy
DLRA #6
SATA #3
club animal

Post by club animal »

OLDtimer wrote:Cookie must have had too many wines ! He got it around the wrong way. Midday the lake was dry, I returned around 6pm & the surface was wet. It was just the hot weather drawing moisture up to the surface.
Pete Noy
DLRA #6
SATA #3
Good point Pete he has a habit of doing that so we will blame it on the Wine :o :mrgreen:
Regards ANIMAL
Member 151
NAC 200+mph club
DLRA 200 mph club
going fast is my blast
nifty nev

Post by nifty nev »

will the powers to be let us race if the pooper isn't ready this year? haven't heard any news just wondering whether to keep getting ready to go!!!!
nev :D :D :D :D
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

Just keep working towards being there. We might not have the solution we were hoping for but we're not going to let that stop us. (What are you like at pissing into old coke bottles?) :-D :-D :-D
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

It's not the pissing into them, that will be the problem :lol: :lol: :lol:
CHEERS,
Rod. #811

www.rodsandrelics.com.au
Cookey

Post by Cookey »

With the Inspectors from Health S.A. who allegedly will be in attendance, I am sure that there will be some form of "work method statement" or "standard operating procedure" that will need to be followed.
As stated in the last DLRA committee meeting minutes, the new effluent treatment plant that will be installed will not be able to handle waste from chemical toilets such as those used by on site campers who stay at the lakeside camping area and bother to comply with the new regulations.
From what I have been able to find out, the new system that has already been purchased and as yet not installed, will only handle the toilet waste from the portable Loos as are positioned in the pit area & start line, timing van etc.
Please correct me if I am wrong and in doing so also allay concerns from other DLRA members?
Cheers,
Tony Cooke
DLRA # 363
gennyshovel

Post by gennyshovel »

Hot off the phone to Kenny, & Kenny 2, they will not be available this year (not able to attend Speedweek) , nor will most of Team Silverton, and the two members who can attend, do not have a vehicle suitable for the dunny duties.
As a matter of urgency, I appeal to any DLRA members who would consider stepping up to the plate here,(job description in the volunteer register ) do so as a matter of urgency.
Tiny
Tiny DLRA# 484
Postiebike Racing , created & funded by TwoBob Engineering
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

Cookey wrote:With the Inspectors from Health S.A. who allegedly will be in attendance, I am sure that there will be some form of "work method statement" or "standard operating procedure" that will need to be followed.
As stated in the last DLRA committee meeting minutes, the new effluent treatment plant that will be installed will not be able to handle waste from chemical toilets such as those used by on site campers who stay at the lakeside camping area and bother to comply with the new regulations.
From what I have been able to find out, the new system that has already been purchased and as yet not installed, will only handle the toilet waste from the portable Loos as are positioned in the pit area & start line, timing van etc.
Please correct me if I am wrong and in doing so also allay concerns from other DLRA members?
Porta-potties was never in the scope of this project. Because of the chemicals and gelling agents used in these porta-potties they can not be emptied into a wastewater treatment plant (or a septic system for that matter) nor could they be dumped in an open pit as we had done with waste in previous years.
These camper supplied porta-potties are only used at the Salt Bush camp which is managed by Mt. Ive. for the convenience of campers due to the lack of other facilities at this site. The agreement has always been, same as everything else, what you bring in, you take out.
If the DLRA is now being asked to provide a facility for campers to dump this chemical waste at a collection point and dispose of it, we can do that, but there would be a fee associated with that and it would be a full cost recovery model (User pays).
Also it is my understanding that the Dept of Health inspectors are more interested in illegal dumping from porta-potties than the DLRA collection and removal activities. So we all need to be vigilant and do the right thing.
Here is a link to porta-pottie dump points in South Australia - http://www.gps-data-team.info/poi/austr ... _Australia

I can confirm that no waste treatment plant has not been purchased by the DLRA.

When I notified our contact at the SA Dept of Health about our change of plans and why, there was no mention of a procedure that we would be required to follow. The requirements of a collect and cart option was fully detailed in previous discussions when we first contacted Dept of Health and we have permission to do what we are now trying to put into place. We are very fortunate to have a contact at the Dept of Health who is giving us great support. I will be asking the question today of the Dept of Health as to how the inspection process for the collect and cart will work as I have had no detail on this to date.
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
Cookey

Post by Cookey »

Many Thanks Greg,

I will now bugger off and make no further comments regarding these matters.
Cheers,
Tony Cooke
DLRA # 363
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

Cookey I stand corrected.
I've just been informed that we did have to end up paying for the Waste Water Treatment Plant.
It is currently being stored by the supplier.
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
GodSilla

Post by GodSilla »

Are we there yet? :D

I'm bringing a couple of newbies, so I hope the stinking heat and lousy rain stay away.

I checked with the satellite mob, but there's no new photos as yet.
Member 1241
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

Someone was asking for a Lake Condition report.

At the working bee the lake was found to be in very good condition.
Members did not drive onto the lake as they did not have permission to do so, but walked out for some distance.
Rainfall for January 1.2mm, average temp 31 degrees.

Mt Ive Daily Rainfall data nearest weather station to Lake Gairdner that records rainfall
Kimba Daily Temperature This is the nearest weather station that records temperatures
Climate Statistics for Nonning Nearest weather station to Lake Gairdner that records climate statistics
DLRA WebMaster / Editor