Racers pits check list

Go here to find out what's happening in Oz

Moderator: DLRA

club animal

Racers pits check list

Post by club animal »

All pit areas to have the following items Tarps under all vehicals. Fire exstinguisher . Fuel catch can.Kitty litter Rubbish bin, Ashtray [a can taped to a pole will do the trick] All Items in your Pit area should be properly secured [so they dont blow away] A male piss container is a good idea to save theToiletCrew

Support Vehicals,Quad Bikes motor bikes ect MUST HAVE REG OR PERMIT to use on the Lake no acceptions No Oil Leaks, Flashing light, UHF radio,Kitty litter, Flat bladed shovel, Oil catch tarp, Fire exstinguisher

And anything else I have forgotten

Regards
ANIMAL
Regards ANIMAL
Member 151
NAC 200+mph club
DLRA 200 mph club
going fast is my blast
OLDtimer

Re: Racers pits check list

Post by OLDtimer »

As Animal said, ALL support vehicles must be registered or be on a permit, & helmets must be worn when riding motorbikes & quadbikes. The lake is a national park & as such is treated as a public road . Pete , DLRA #6.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Wasn't there also a stipulation on the UHF radio being a 5W unit?
I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.
OLDtimer

Post by OLDtimer »

Yes that's right.
Mossy

Post by Mossy »

Somewhere on this site I've seen what size fire extinguishers are required, but now can't find it.
Was it 2.5 lb or 2.5kg extinguishers?
Presumably multiples of 1kg extinguishers to make up the total will be ok?
Cheers Mossy
DLRA # 959
JonB

Post by JonB »

Motorbike inspection checklist has 4lb on it, guess cars checklist is the same

jon
Last edited by JonB on Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DLRA#1115
Underhouse Engineering
RGV

Post by RGV »

Mossy I have 3 x 1 KG fire extinguishers, more than 1 person can fight the fire, they are easily shaken to keep the powder from compressing and I keep 1 in each car and the other in the caravan for the rest of the year. Im thinking on getting a 0.5 KG one to mount on the bike maybe, if the worst happens and the fire crew take 30 seconds to get to you there wouldnt be much left of my bike so I might be able to get it out or at least control it till they get there.

Or would it be more of a hazard if the bike did catch fire and I was unable to get to it?

Last Minute Racing
DLRA #928

2010 MPS/G 250 118 MPH
2011 Washed Out
2012 Washed Out
2013 MPS/G 250 131 MPH (RECORD)
2014 MPS/G 250 140 MPH (RECORD)
2015 MPS/F 250 DNF
2016 MPS/F 250 114 MPH (RECORD)
2017 MPS/F 250 DNF
BOB ELLIS

Post by BOB ELLIS »

5lb (2.5 kg) is required , It may take longer than 30 secs for the fire crews to get to you.
If you have a fire situation (or any other kind of problem/malfunction),pull up as quick as you can(on the RH side of the course) and get away from your machine!
Our fire and rescue guys are fully equipped and extremely qualified to deal with any emergency,

Cheers , Bob.
GeeTee

Post by GeeTee »

Hi, my support vehicle (tow car) will ONLY be used on the lake to deliver my racer to the pits. It will then be removed to the camp - it will not generally be required in the pits or for start/pushing etc. Does it require radio/extinguisher/light for this once-only delivery task? Of course I'm happy to place it on a tarp when unloading my racer :)

Also, I'm one of the nine out of 10 sensible Aussies who is not a smoker. Do I really need a tin on a stick?! Surely smokers can look after thier own rubbish, as I do with empty chip packets, beer cans, frangers etc
grumm441

Post by grumm441 »

GeeTee wrote:Hi, my support vehicle (tow car) will ONLY be used on the lake to deliver my racer to the pits. It will then be removed to the camp - it will not generally be required in the pits or for start/pushing etc. Does it require radio/extinguisher/light for this once-only delivery task? Of course I'm happy to place it on a tarp when unloading my racer :)
So what's the plan if your race vehicle fails to proceed somewhere on the course
G
They make it
I make it work
GeeTee

Post by GeeTee »

Good point!! :oops:
club animal

Post by club animal »

So what's the plan if your race vehicle fails to proceed somewhere on the course

Fire crews arrive when any vehicle stops on or beside course they check to see all is ok and radio if support is needed {fires are not tow vehicals]

It is the racers onus to remove vehical from the course if you dont have a support vehical to do the job ask someone who has a support vehical to help .
Support vehicals must contact race control before going to the aid of any vehical [must have flashing light turned on and be in radio contact with race control]
In the case where you have fluids or parts that have exited the vehical you must notify race control immediatly

A vehical used to transport your racer to the salt is not a support vehical unless it has all the requirements of a support vehical
Regards ANIMAL
Member 151
NAC 200+mph club
DLRA 200 mph club
going fast is my blast
GeeTee

Post by GeeTee »

All good, I should have said just 'tow car' not 'support vehicle'

I will take a wireless and whirlygig :wink:

are there any special requirements for radio - I have conventional GME handhelds...?
zork

Post by zork »

are there any special requirements for radio - I have conventional GME handhelds...?
Read above...5w
Rob

Post by Rob »

For general listening any handheld that receives UHF channel 8 will do.

Support vehicles are required to have 5W installed radios not handhelds.

This was covered a while back here :

http://www.dlra.org.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1688

Cheers,
Rob
I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.