Alcohol and Drug Testing

Go here to find out what's happening in Oz

Moderator: DLRA

DocScooter

Alcohol and Drug Testing

Post by DocScooter »

G'day Folks,

I have been very pleased to accept a position as the Doctor on the track for Speed Week. I will be equipped to cater for anything from a splinter to a broken arm, and everything in between.

One duty I have been asked to take on is random Alcohol and Drug Screening. I therefore would like to formally announce that the following arrangements will stand for the duration of Speed Week.

1) Anyone operating ANY vehicle (including crew vehicles) anywhere on the Lake may be alcohol or drug tested at any time during the meet.
2) Alcohol tests will be performed by breath analysis. A person who passes the breath analysis but is deemed to be possibly under the influence of a substance may be asked to provide a saliva analysis.
3) A positive test will result in the person (racer or not) being banned from the Lake for the remainder of the day.
3) Anyone may be tested anywhere they are operating a vehicle. Racers may be tested while waiting in the staging or start areas.
4) The Race Director will be informed of any positive tests and the actions taken.
5) The driver/racer may protest my decision by submitting the protest form from the 2012 rule book.

Please be reassurred that I am not going to be out to target anyone or be a heavy-handed prick about this. I will be happily sharing drinks with you in the evenings. My only aim is to ensure safety during the meet.

If anyone has any comment or concerns, I am more than happy to be approached at any time.
Scott Lewis #1128 High Viz Racing
Wudinna Medical Practice - DLRA Medical Support
High Viz Racing Air Wing
Wudinna, SA - Closest to the lake
IN2VWS

Re: Alcohol and Drug Testing

Post by IN2VWS »

What is the alcohol limit? 0.05? Zero?
DocScooter

Post by DocScooter »

Sorry - forgot to mention the limit!!

For Racers and push car drivers, the limit is Zero. For anyone else 0.05.
Scott Lewis #1128 High Viz Racing
Wudinna Medical Practice - DLRA Medical Support
High Viz Racing Air Wing
Wudinna, SA - Closest to the lake
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

Doc thanks for taking all this on,especially at such short notice.
I don't think most people realise how close we were to not having an event due to a lack of medical staff.
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
JonB

Post by JonB »

DLRA wrote:Doc thanks for taking all this on,especially at such short notice.
I don't think most people realise how close we were to not having an event due to a lack of medical staff.

Thanks Doc, hope your medical skills arent utilised

jon
DLRA#1115
Underhouse Engineering
geocacher

Post by geocacher »

Hi Scott,

At this stage there'll be a couple of Victorian Paramedics floating around for the first half of the week.

I'll try and track you down when we get there and make sure we both know what we look like. I've been utilised before ....

I work on the basis that if we plan well Murphy will play somewhere else cos we're no fun. Just my theory.

Regards,

Dave