Go here to find out what's happening in Oz
- Posts: 268
- Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:35 pm
- Location: Brisbane
in 06 I asked Benny if he was ready to go ...he said" all I have to decide is what to do with GC".....GC stood for Grant's Cat, which for all intensive purposes was Benny's cat...." it's 80 bucks for the cat kennel, or 40 bucks to get him put down, hard choice"...
Lucky for GC Benny was feeling rich that year....I think GC fell off his perch without a push about six months later.
I would have done it for $5.
Too much information, luckily the cat has morals.
- Posts: 24
- Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:33 pm
Gentlemen the blame for the cancellation of speed week 2012 should be directed toward Mother Nature!!
No doubt a bitch of the highest order!!!! I agree with a previous post that the pitch forks and nooses should be put away until all the FACTS are in! We should keep cool and calm heads on our shoulders and not run off at the mouth like the guy who went off half cocked about a member of the Big Knob Racing team being at the timing caravan to refill the generator!!! Or the guy who slagged the Vic members for holding a Salt Talk night using club moneys!!! Or the guy who wanted animal to shift the pits cause he didn't like where they were, no apologies or explanations were given for these things so lets just let the dust settle and see what happens when all the FACTS are in.
Just to make thing clear..
The Big Knob member had permission from the Race Director and Starter to fill the genny!
Salt Talk night was to be funded by those that turned up!!! It was turned into a Christmas party cause of the slinging match it caused!!!
Animal put the pits where he did cause he was the Race Director!!!!!!
Like i said at the start Mother Nature is a bitch seems to me some Members are like Mother Nature!
- Site Admin
- Posts: 1408
- Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2003 11:03 am
- Location: Australia
Received this from Cled's wife today
Would you add this information to DLRA website/forum for Cled please - he's heading out to the lake this week for a survey of conditions.
- * Possible date /venue options are currently being investigated.
- * Rod Hadfield, Norm Bradshaw Norm Hardinge are travelling to Lake Omeo to liaise with locals regarding the possibility of a meeting of a meeting on 'their' lake this year
- * We do have insurance in place if this goes ahead.
- * Regarding AGM - next General Meeting is scheduled for May 5 at Tailem Bend - we could consider holding our AGM at this time too
For the time being .... watch this space
Thanks to all
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor