SPEED WEEK CANCELLED !!!

Go here to find out what's happening in Oz

Moderator: DLRA

IN2VWS

Re: SPEED WEEK CANCELLED !!!

Post by IN2VWS »

trying to get a positive out of this negative.......This is the best I could come up with......I now have 12 months to get a full door net for my car. :|
Dr Goggles

Post by Dr Goggles »

I bet that's not all you end up doing....just don't pull the car completely apart thinking "I've got all year to do this"... :wink:
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
RGV

Post by RGV »

Ive just ordered some engine parts, im happy with the body work now to build the motor I should have built for this years event but was made redundant 4 months ago.
Funny thing is I start back at the same place on Tuesday on a higher wage.

Last Minute Racing
DLRA #928

2010 MPS/G 250 118 MPH
2011 Washed Out
2012 Washed Out
2013 MPS/G 250 131 MPH (RECORD)
2014 MPS/G 250 140 MPH (RECORD)
2015 MPS/F 250 DNF
2016 MPS/F 250 114 MPH (RECORD)
2017 MPS/F 250 DNF
GodSilla

Post by GodSilla »

Here's a mildly dopey question. :P

I would reasonably assume that merchandise has been produced for this years event.

How would one go about obtaining some, and what is available?

Thanks.

PS Also interested in salt DVD's if anyone is selling them. I saw mate Kev Saville has some Bonneville ones and a recent Lake Gairdener one, wouldn't mind hearing what's available.
Member 1241
Cookey

Post by Cookey »

Thanks for the supportive comments re Smurf's & my trip to inspect the lake yesterday.
We elected to go in on Friday as it was clearly getting to the stage where our long distance & overseas members were about to depart for Speed Week.
We left Port Augusta at around 9:45AM and when we turned off at Iron Knob were somewhat apprehensive as to how we would find the condition of the road in after it had been closed due to the recent rains in the area.
The road was in the best condition that both of us have ever seen it with no wash outs or corrugations (bugger me why they closed it last week) - must have been damage beyond the turn off to the lake as they had begun to grade the road westward from the ramp onto Mt. Ive station.
We sat on 120 K's for most of the way in (speedo must have been out :wink: :wink: :wink: ) and apart from a few wandering Mutton Bunnies giving the mandatory reality check, there was little sign that there had been any rain other than the fact that every thing was so green (Bob Brown's influence no doubt) :roll:
Called into Mt Ive to check in to our room and collect the gate key and we were very upbeat about the prospects of seeing the lake again.
All turned sour at the point where you first get a glimpse of our beloved salt just prior to the water tanks/turn off to the DLRA camp. Friggin' water as far as you could see. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Decided to go down to the canteen and have a closer look before taking the time to go to the DLRA camp and fire up a tender vehicle for an on lake inspection.
My photos on the other subject re Lake Condition tell the story.
Gee the beer tastes so much different when you have been booted in the guts & nuts by Mother Nature at the same time. :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

One thing that we (Smurf & Myself) want to know is "How come our Club President came to issue a statement that all was fine for Speed Week 2012 without having heard anything from those who took the trouble and time to travel up to carry out the inspection and report the findings. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Who advised you of this Cled :?: :?: :?: , you owe us an explanation :!: :!: :!: :!:

Me thinks that is is now time for a changing of the guard :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Cheers,
Tony Cooke
DLRA # 363
DON NOBLE

Post by DON NOBLE »

YES we need a "please explain" about false info on the event being on, when it wasnt going to be .
NOW LIVE IN NEW ZEALAND
RED NISSAN WAGON 1986 # 281
2002 F/PRO 125.4 MPH RECORD
2003 F/PRO 140.2 MPH RECORD
2005 F/GC 137.9 MPH RECORD
2006 F/GC 141.1 MPH RECORD
1/4 mile ( drags ) @ Willowbank 14.15 @ 97.61 mph August 2006
OLDtimer

Post by OLDtimer »

Agree totally, Cookey, an explanation re the misleading information is required . A changing of the guard is required ASAP. I have put 22 years into this club & this sort of thing is not acceptable. Stay tuned! Pete. DLRa #6.
Last edited by OLDtimer on Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

"Yes", We would like an honest answer to this question also,,, two seperate teams, packed there gear on Friday after reading that it was all go, all ready to leave,, :evil: :evil: :evil:
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
turbo RB

Post by turbo RB »

I would also agree with 'please explain' ! but as far as I was aware Cled has done some good and we/the club have moved forward with him , do we shoot the messenger for being ill informed or listen to his defence first . I would suspect there is more to the call for change of gaurd. Perhaps the rest of the members need to have the gaps filled in regards to other issues that would call for such action.
OLDtimer

Post by OLDtimer »

I sent Cled an email informing him that an inspection party was going to the lake on Friday, nothing should have been posted until word had come back from them. Pete. DLRA #6.
JonB

Post by JonB »

Should probably find out all the facts before getting out the pitchforks & noose.

My 2 cents anyway.

jon
DLRA#1115
Underhouse Engineering
davidald

Post by davidald »

When the "all go" was given I sold my dog and divorced my wife ready to leave for the salt. Now I have to buy my dog back.
TEAM TRIDENT
ROSS BROWN

Post by ROSS BROWN »

It,s not wednesday yet...
But it looks like the lake is going to be copping a pizziling for the next couple of days...

http://tropic.ssec.wisc.edu/real-time/a ... njava.html
IT IS ALL A RACE AGAINST TIME.
TIME WAITS FOR NO ONE.

HOW FAST CAN YOU GO ?

S/UF 925
Dr Goggles

Post by Dr Goggles »

davidald wrote:When the "all go" was given I sold my dog and divorced my wife ready to leave for the salt. Now I have to buy my dog back.
in 06 I asked Benny if he was ready to go ...he said" all I have to decide is what to do with GC".....GC stood for Grant's Cat, which for all intensive purposes was Benny's cat...." it's 80 bucks for the cat kennel, or 40 bucks to get him put down, hard choice"...

Lucky for GC Benny was feeling rich that year....I think GC fell off his perch without a push about six months later.
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
davidald

Post by davidald »

in 06 I asked Benny if he was ready to go ...he said" all I have to decide is what to do with GC".....GC stood for Grant's Cat, which for all intensive purposes was Benny's cat...." it's 80 bucks for the cat kennel, or 40 bucks to get him put down, hard choice"...

Lucky for GC Benny was feeling rich that year....I think GC fell off his perch without a push about six months later.
I would have done it for $5.
TEAM TRIDENT