speedweek with no cars/bikes

Go here to find out what's happening in Oz

Moderator: DLRA

penny

speedweek with no cars/bikes

Post by penny »

Hi everyone . I assume people are still going to the members camp as usual but probably will trundle home monday or tuesday.
As is normal , camp fees are still payable to Mt Ive . what about posting some numbers here to let people know of the numbers .
BYO everything .
glengowrie annexe of the Institute of Backyard Studies
shedmarket

Re: speedweek with no cars/bikes

Post by shedmarket »

We are leaving Coffs tomorrow morning and going via Birdsville, Coober Pedy, Kingoonya than the Lake. Plan is to be there Sunday afternoon. At this stage the only bit of road we need to open is the bottom end of the Birdsville Track but it will be Wednesday/Thursday until we get there so should be sweet.

Providing there is no further rain we would like to join the "drown our sorrows" party so put us down for 5 (four bikes, one support vehicle).
outbacktrev

Post by outbacktrev »

Outbacktrev will be there friday arvo :)
XW #901 180mph

Post by XW #901 180mph »

If anyone thinks of it while they are at the members camp can you stick some air in the tyres of the SICK LIZARD (yellow XC wagon parked near Moe Boys Bar & Grill). Beware it may not be yellow anymore, it could just be one big brown rust hole on wheels.
I did plan to come up for 3 days as a spectator and retrieve the Lizard as I am not racing the XW anymore but it will have to wait another year to be retreived, it should be another 50kg or so lighter to tow home by next year.

Regards Mark.
outbacktrev

Post by outbacktrev »

No worries mark we will blowup a lot of stuff :D
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

Good onya Trev you just made me laugh. That was a lot of fun last year.
Ker F%#king BOOOOM!!!!
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
OLDtimer

Post by OLDtimer »

I am thinking of going up, but thunderstorms are predicted for mid week. Stuff it, no storm has stopped me before!What days will people be there? Pete DLRA #6.
OLDtimer

Post by OLDtimer »

Anyone who has booked accommodation at Mt Ive homestead , please contact them & let them know whether or not you are still coming for a holiday.Their number is (08) 86481817 Thanks. Pete DLRA #6.
geocacher

Post by geocacher »

Still heading over. Should be there Sunday-Monday ish and then we'll head for a Googs Track detour up to Maralinga.

4 vehicles & about 8-9 of us all together.

Dave
penny

Post by penny »

3 of us will be arriving at trevors speakeasy friday afternoon . After dark and later in the night it is known as" trevs table of knowledge ".
glengowrie annexe of the Institute of Backyard Studies
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

trevs table of knowledge
and munitions factory.....
outbacktrev

Post by outbacktrev »

All,
I will be attending the camp around mid dayish Friday. :D If the gate is locked the key will be in the usual spot. :idea: (If you don't know where that is PM me BEFORE Friday 0900hr. or ring 0407 454615 intil about 1100hr then I will be out of phone range, yeah! :D )
Camp fees will apply, the usual $10 a night. :o Depending on how many turn up we may not run the big diesel genset fulltime as it will use approx 130-150 diesel a day which is not warranted but we have a couple of smaller gensets to run fridges and lights etc. :shock:
We will go down to the lake at some stage over the weekend and provide feed back, via the camp phone, and attempt to have that info put up on the DLRA webb page. :x
It is my intention to be out of the area no later than Tuesday AM by which time the DLRA camp will be shutdown and locked. :wink:
The gate will then be locked and the key returned to Mt Ive Station so if you turn up after this time you will need to go to the homestead and pick up the key yourself (and pay the appropriate fee)
Any questions don't hesitate to ring, preferably at a reasonable hour of the day for any info I have missed out. :roll:
See ya there,
Cheers,
Trevor
PS Don't forget the canteen won't be open so you need to bring all your own food and drinks :idea: