Proposed second rain date for 2012

Go here to find out what's happening in Oz

Moderator: DLRA

Cookey

Re: Proposed second rain date for 2012

Post by Cookey »

Here Here Plucka,
There are too many on this thread that need to think about racing rather than politics. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Canberra is full of cockheads and we don't need any here. :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
Cheers,
Tony Cooke
DLRA # 363
BOB ELLIS

Post by BOB ELLIS »

Here here Plucka , and Cookie.
For discussion on AGM ,use the "AGM when,where,whats needed" thread , the OFFLINE MEMBERS AREA is on the main forum index page (above the Qld Timing Association),You must be a financial member and apply to the webmaster for access.

I think we should be looking at the end of May (yes days are shorter),and make it a six day meet.Yes the argument will be about annual leave,wifes birthday etc,etc.WHO CARES!! If racers want to run (and they are dedicated to our sport) , they will turn up any time of year. I have had one racer tell me he'll quit his job to run--he's used his holidays up.

I spoke to the local guys the rainout before this one , April/May there is no rain and no wind. IF the surface can heal itself in 8 weeks (which i personaly think is a slim chance),then this could be our best shot at a meet.

We definately have to abandon the idea of running the meet in March. Either in Jan (HOT) , or May,(shorter days,and cooler),Maybe even Oct/Nov.

I suggest Speed week Last week in May , Rain date last week in Oct.

Thats my two shillings worth.
Bob Ellis
DLRA #202
Chief Car Inspector
harden up racing

Post by harden up racing »

Thank you Plucka,Cookey ,Bob and all other positive responses in reguards to trying to get 2012 up & running .Negitiave comment can be voiced elseware .ie cant get time off .paints not dry.waiting for parts on ebay,missus wont let me,DONT CARE.The best that can happen is the people that matter are available & the salt can come back.
PS I know for a fact that Bob has more than 2 cents & 2 shillings available !

Cheers
Mick QLD
zork

Post by zork »

"I suggest Speed week Last week in May , Rain date last week in Oct.

Thats my two shillings worth.
Bob Ellis"

Sounds good to me.
Cheers JD. #921
nifty nev

Post by nifty nev »

evening all
dont be surprised if another reply i sent turns up, boy am i a wizz on a computer.
just a quick question if another date were organised would the natives sign off on it i mean would they allow it?
i am very good friends with dave henderson from kokatha station north of mt ive and his property backs on to the lake, and he was wondering why we have speed week at this time of year? wet season up north dictates a lot of weather patterns down here and he suggests sept oct nov. as the best time to hold it. frustating as it is with all the money and time spent building our vehicles we seem to be putting all our eggs in the one basket to race. relying a single venue is frought with problems as we our now suffering from , dont you think another venue as back up would help? there must be a progressive council some where out there would love to capitalise on this event, backed by apex clubs lions etc. is there a way we can let everyone know what we have to offer that will benefit there council area. just a thought.
nifty nev.
project100

Post by project100 »

PLUCKA wrote:Who gives a shit about an AGM I just want to go racing. This thread was meant for a proposed rain date not meant for dribbling shit about a meeting.
Plucka

I can understand your frustration and I also want to go racing but I think you'll find that in order to schedule a second race meeting, the idea would have to be tabled and voted on at an AGM by the members. We should be encouraging as many members to attend so we can thrash out these issues and, hopefully, reach a satisfactory outcome. I'm not a great fan of "political mumbojumbo" but the reality is...No AGM, No second meeting. Let's get the AGM over quickly so we can all move on with our race plans.
Seeing it's an important issue for the association I think that members in other states could organise a venue in their state and be linked back to the main AGM meeting via web cam so they can participate also. The technology has only been around for about 15 years.
Just my 2 cents worth.
I nearly had a psychic girlfriend but she left me before we met.
gennyshovel

Post by gennyshovel »

Sept oct nov for future events, was what I tried to post a few times over the past few days, but the post went into lalaland,,
The wind has stopped, the rain (hopefully) hasn't thought of building in the tropics, and we won't fry while waiting for a run.
I also agree " the last week in May " would be a winner for this year, if the lake heals in time.
I'm getting a hurry up @ work to put in for leave soon (my speedweek hols start tomorrow) as, according to them,,I have too many hrs up my sleeve, I'll try hold off until a decision gets made on a new race date for the 2012 speedweek.
Tiny DLRA# 484
Postiebike Racing , created & funded by TwoBob Engineering
Ratmuller

Post by Ratmuller »

Can some one please explain how this works ...am LOST....I thought the shit dribble put by some is the way to arrange another date ...THEREFORE we want to RACE....or is the decision purely decided by the comittee as a whole ...I would like some clarification, I too assumed the AGM was all about deciding another suitable date. THIS is the reason I want to attend the AGM. Frustration is caused by lack of explaination.....surely the powers to be can step up and explain WTF going on
follet46

Post by follet46 »

just to add to the string

rely on local knowlegde for a date i read into oct nov and look for a back up plan

the tailem bend tryouts was very good maybe a long tar road somewhere
ROSS BROWN

Post by ROSS BROWN »

Ratmuller wrote:surely the powers to be can step up and explain WTF going on
RATT :
Greg Wappling... User name DLRA is basiclly our direct link to what is going on.
Its currently a waiting game at the moment..
Greg did some explaining in another thread that you might have missed..
Cled and Trevor will be at lake Gardnier this weekend to survey the situation.. (there have been more rain events out there ... so something happening out there in the immediate future does not look promising..
Rod , Norm and Norm are currently preparing themselves for a trip to lake Omeo to assess that situation..
Greg Watters lives in the area .. and his advice on weather and surface conditions...
should not be taken with a grain of salt ...
Up here in Queensland there are two options.. Bilapea Clay pan... Chris Hanlen is the man behind the scenes.
His man at the Clay pan.. Currently has health issues so the process has been slowed up somewhat and if you check your weather map at this moment you will see it is also copping a pizzling..
Lake Bucanin is our other option.... Ron Staytie is the man on the scene.. He informs me that there has to be two relatively dry wet seasons before that lake is usuable and last I heard (six months ago)
is from a friend whom hunts in the area ,is that the lake had a meter of water in it....

Ratt ... As I sit here dribbling on the internet ....THINGS ARE BEING DONE FOR US......
We all need to be patient and wait for the powers to be to work things out....
Information on all these matters has to be collected before the AGM then the decisions can be made.
And then hopefully MOTHER NATURE will play her part..
and then we can all get our fix...

Ross....
IT IS ALL A RACE AGAINST TIME.
TIME WAITS FOR NO ONE.

HOW FAST CAN YOU GO ?

S/UF 925
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

Thanks Ross.

Just to add, most of the decision makers are either on their way to Lake Gairdner or Lake Omeo and are out of contact. I'm expecting news to start coming through from Tuesday onwards.
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
Greg Watters

Post by Greg Watters »

Actually credit where due , Kim is the one liasing with the locals at Benambra getting up to date information about conditions and has been doing a lot of the leg work to start the ball rolling ,
Now we just need to give it a big push to gather momentum
Cookey

Post by Cookey »

one thing that must be done is for someone to coordinate the safe keeping of the newly purchased timing equipment.
We had planned to give it a test run at our last test & tune meet at Tailem Bend but found out at the last minute that part of the system was in one place, another part in another place and the antennas left up at the DLRA camp at Lake Gairdner. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
What good is this major investment if it cannot be utilized to the max by and for the benefit of our members.
The fact that last years meet was rained out should have been a wake up call that we need to be prepared to have alternate & or optional venues available.
Cheers,
Tony Cooke
DLRA # 363
PLUCKA

Post by PLUCKA »

To All

Within our club there are 5 or 6 people that will ultimately make this decision re (call it what you like) rain date or second race date. These people will run with the information they see on this forum, and make a decision. Within our current constitution we have the ability to call a special meeting to allow such things as this to occur, IT DOES NOT REQUIRE AN AGM. After this weekend I will be demanding that the committee elect, make a decision on 1 if not 2 race dates for the remainer of the year,now this could even be done at the DLRA camp via phone if need be, with President Cled ringing those elect few. By having this thread for its specific purpose, has shown them just cause to call this special meeting and act for their members. There is no more required other than the services we require to run the event and permits which can simply be re dated. IT IS THIS SIMPLE. The volunteer base to help run and manage the event , well hell I dont care if Iam in the car for a day and the rest of the time assisting where i can to make it happen for everyone and this attitude will be the majority of our members.

Plucka
Ratmuller

Post by Ratmuller »

Thanks Plucka ,Cookey Ross and others .....I clearly understand to landscape now.....also happy to help out where needed along with others from the ratmuller race team... again a big thankyou to those involved behind the scenes presently coordinating another date.