Proposed second rain date for 2012

Go here to find out what's happening in Oz

Moderator: DLRA

Dr Goggles

Re: Proposed second rain date for 2012

Post by Dr Goggles »

PLUCKA wrote:To All

Within our club there are 5 or 6 people that will ultimately make this decision re (call it what you like) rain date or second race date. These people will run with the information they see on this forum, and make a decision. Within our current constitution we have the ability to call a special meeting to allow such things as this to occur, IT DOES NOT REQUIRE AN AGM. After this weekend I will be demanding that the committee elect, make a decision on 1 if not 2 race dates for the remainer of the year,now this could even be done at the DLRA camp via phone if need be, with President Cled ringing those elect few. By having this thread for its specific purpose, has shown them just cause to call this special meeting and act for their members. There is no more required other than the services we require to run the event and permits which can simply be re dated. IT IS THIS SIMPLE. The volunteer base to help run and manage the event , well hell I dont care if Iam in the car for a day and the rest of the time assisting where i can to make it happen for everyone and this attitude will be the majority of our members.
Plucka
Racing, run by racers for racers.

That's what I like to see. :twisted:
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
gennyshovel

Post by gennyshovel »

[quote="Dr Goggles

Racing, run by racers for racers.

That's what I like to see. :twisted:[/quote]
:D[quote="Dr Goggles"][/quote]

'EER 'EER
Tiny DLRA# 484
Postiebike Racing , created & funded by TwoBob Engineering
BOB ELLIS

Post by BOB ELLIS »

"Racing , run by racers for racers", Go to the Offline members area to see what i have to say,

AGM , go to that thread !! (As Sgt Plucka stated,we do NOT need an AGM at this stage to sort this out!)

We need only suggestions, on a suitable race date on this thread

Bob Ellis
DLRA # 202
Chief Car Inspector
club animal

Post by club animal »

Hi to all A proposed race date of the 26 of may is being accessed by the commitee later this week this follows a meeting at the lake on the weekend it was reported to me that the start line was still under water but the track condition was fairly good. now to have a race we need to arrange fire people get approval from the DEH [they will only give approval if access to the lake is good] doctors and the other relervent personal hopfully we can sort this out at the commitee meeting on wed or thurs stay tuned ?

Regards
Animal
member 151
active commitee member
NAC 200+ member
Dlra 200mph member
Regards ANIMAL
Member 151
NAC 200+mph club
DLRA 200 mph club
going fast is my blast
harden up racing

Post by harden up racing »

Geat news for all concerned,if the lake is up to it i am sure the rest will fall into place with a bit of effort !
PLUCKA

Post by PLUCKA »

This is great news for our members should our committee apply these proposed dates. (28th May - 1st June) For your info and to keep everyone informed, the committee have asked me, (as official club liaison) to address some issues re this proposed rain date. We have secured Doctor Scott's committment to this new event and Russell Branson from the CFS (country fire service) will be travelling home from his holidays earlier than expected and supplying a crew as per normal. Mount Ives have given us their full support and backing and after speaking with the owners they have pencilled us in, for accommodation and meals at the canteen. Carol has been working flat out behind the scenes on insurance and permits and an answer is expected soon on these. I am assuming that at some point we as members (both competitors and assistance) will have to let Carol know if we intend to attend, should the meetings result be infavour and Iam sure there will some sort of correspondence to indicate our intentions. This is a good thing people :D :D

Plucka
RGV

Post by RGV »

Great news Plucka. Good to see some positives on the forum. A BIG THANX to Carol (and every one else) for all the work behind the scenes that we dont see. :D

Last Minute Racing
DLRA #928

2010 MPS/G 250 118 MPH
2011 Washed Out
2012 Washed Out
2013 MPS/G 250 131 MPH (RECORD)
2014 MPS/G 250 140 MPH (RECORD)
2015 MPS/F 250 DNF
2016 MPS/F 250 114 MPH (RECORD)
2017 MPS/F 250 DNF
momec3

Post by momec3 »

On ya Plucka,
Our team will be there.
The startline will be ready to run.

Chris
Chris
kermitracing

Post by kermitracing »

Hi Paul from Tassie,
I am in agreement with everyone else on the forum and will be keen to go if the meet proceeds in May. gets bloody cold down here so some warmth will be appreciated.
Cheers Paul
PLUCKA

Post by PLUCKA »

All thanks to the committee for considering and running with this option, it just shows that energy driving in the right areas and enough of it, that we will succeed. The committee have heard our voice and acted accordingly. Thanks To President Cled and his committed team for a great result.

Lets go racing, mother nature permitting

Plucka
team shep

Post by team shep »

thank you everbody for the efforts to organise a 2012 event, and in particluar all of those that went and did the inspections. it is a long way from wa and we appreciate the regular news and updates and your efforts to bring them to us. see you all in 2013.
Shep #642
team shep