Proposed second rain date for 2012

Go here to find out what's happening in Oz

Moderator: DLRA

PLUCKA

Proposed second rain date for 2012

Post by PLUCKA »

I think it is high time, that provision were put in place, by the committee for when it rains, that there is a second date that may be utilised. Now I know people book holidays for the set event (19th - 24th 2012) as we do every year, but the reality is that if we went back to our employers and said can we deffer our annual leave the majority would be happy with this. Now before anyone says " that its ok for me""He's the closet he doesn't have to add the travel". Yes I am the closest and probably the least effected by this, but at the end of the day my committment to my car and the race week, we are about to miss out on, is the same as the furtherest competitor or spectator. My thoughts are to have a second date starting on Thursday the 27th April this year running over the week end finishing on the Tuesday the 1st of May. This allows for the moon cycle and the 27th is the end of a full moon. Also having it run over the week end might allow the minority that can not re schedule their leave dates the ability to attend, albeit a few days instead of the whole event. I feel very strongly with this and ask that you post a reply both positive or negative so the management committee can implement if majority agree.
Now if we get this idea up there is no guarentee that we wont have a wet date again but I think we still need the provisions in place.

Plucka
Not happy Jan
OLDPOP

Re: Proposed second rain date for 2012

Post by OLDPOP »

Plucka

Sounds like a great idea

Phill H
DLRA # 1102
RGV

Post by RGV »

Got my vote thats for sure.

Just a thought but probably not for this year, Easter might be worth considering as most people have at least 4 days off.

I suppose it all depends on weather the lake is good enough to race on by then.

Last Minute Racing
DLRA #928

2010 MPS/G 250 118 MPH
2011 Washed Out
2012 Washed Out
2013 MPS/G 250 131 MPH (RECORD)
2014 MPS/G 250 140 MPH (RECORD)
2015 MPS/F 250 DNF
2016 MPS/F 250 114 MPH (RECORD)
2017 MPS/F 250 DNF
davidald

Post by davidald »

Three years between meets is no good for anyone.
TEAM TRIDENT
Smurf

Post by Smurf »

Bloody Oath The road in is the best I have seen it.The country is magnificent camp site is ready and so am I.End of April sounds good
59chev

Post by 59chev »

Sounds great, get the numbers together and lock it in!!!!!!
club animal

Post by club animal »

PLUCKA wrote:I think it is high time, that provision were put in place, by the committee for when it rains, that there is a second date that may be utilised. Now I know people book holidays for the set event (19th - 24th 2012) as we do every year, but the reality is that if we went back to our employers and said can we deffer our annual leave the majority would be happy with this. Now before anyone says " that its ok for me""He's the closet he doesn't have to add the travel". Yes I am the closest and probably the least effected by this, but at the end of the day my committment to my car and the race week, we are about to miss out on, is the same as the furtherest competitor or spectator. My thoughts are to have a second date starting on Thursday the 27th April this year running over the week end finishing on the Tuesday the 1st of May. This allows for the moon cycle and the 27th is the end of a full moon. Also having it run over the week end might allow the minority that can not re schedule their leave dates the ability to attend, albeit a few days instead of the whole event. I feel very strongly with this and ask that you post a reply both positive or negative so the management committee can implement if majority agree.
Now if we get this idea up there is no guarentee that we wont have a wet date again but I think we still need the provisions in place.

Plucka
Not happy Jan
Being the Race Director i are all for it but
I think it would be better to run monday thru to friday as it allows interstate racers to travel on the weekends and have the monday thru to friday off work Then all we need is the fires,doc.timers ect
stay tuned
regards fom Animal
Regards ANIMAL
Member 151
NAC 200+mph club
DLRA 200 mph club
going fast is my blast
Ratmuller

Post by Ratmuller »

Just give me a pen, I'm signing up for that idea.....how many sleeps?????????????
michael240

Post by michael240 »

i agree with PLUCKA i think we need to try and organise another meet this year and late april is as good as any

regardless of what month the club decides to run next year there should also be a second date allocated as a rain date

MIKE DLRA 780
Dr Goggles

Post by Dr Goggles »

I think it's a good idea, but I won't be able to make it.
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
PLUCKA

Post by PLUCKA »

Come on people I dont care whether your a member who competes or spectates your comments are valuable and 185 hits with 8 replies is not giving a true reflection of what we want

Plucka
PLUCKA

Post by PLUCKA »

Thanks Dr G
Dr Goggles

Post by Dr Goggles »

I think it's a GREAT idea....if I had've known it was in the works I would have kept workin on the tank...it's a months work away from running....besides I'll be just getting back from my money-hoon.
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
harden up racing

Post by harden up racing »

Ok gentlemen questions need to be answered,the salt is dead for march.We must now move to getting the event up and running for 2012
Firstly is the lake available for April 2012
Secondly are fire,docs,timer people available to make this happen
Thirdly why is this thread so quiet,where are you 1000 plus members !(get of your arse and make a difference)
Cheers to Plucka for getting the ball rolling & Animal for backing him.
So can any other committee members please enlighten us as to what you have planed.
Car is still in trailer ready to go.

Cheers,

Mick
Queensland
IN2VWS

Post by IN2VWS »

I can make it in April......If it is on, I'll be there.