Proposed second rain date for 2012

Go here to find out what's happening in Oz

Moderator: DLRA

Dr Goggles

Re: Proposed second rain date for 2012

Post by Dr Goggles »

59chev wrote:If my memory serves me correctly,, the 2009 event was run on a full moon.......
Yep, it was on the Wednesday. No-one is saying it guarantees a bad lake. But if the other factors( already wet, recent heavy rainfall) then it augurs for a bad surface.

BTW: go to www.landracing.com/forum and type "tide" into the search, or even "salt condition"
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
god of speed

Post by god of speed »

Just being objectionable here, is there another location in Australia suited for speed trials? Somewhere that won't be rained out 2 years in a row? Like the ones listed on the dlra website.
Last edited by god of speed on Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Charlie
'Overall happiness is directly proportional to the increasing distance between the front wheel and the ground.'
'The God of Speed' - 125cc Lakes Racer - www.thegodofspeedproject.com
'85 XL600R-L-M-PDGSAZ - Rest in pieces
Dr Goggles

Post by Dr Goggles »

I'd um, write a response in big red font that said " I am asking all newer members who are regular users of the forum to use the search function to see what discussion has gone on before"

but that didn't go down too well last time I said it......... :oops: :oops:

but , you know If yer feelin' lucky punk you could type alternative into it ....

there , miiiiiiiiiight be one we haven't discussed......... :roll:
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
god of speed

Post by god of speed »

Dr Goggles wrote:I'd um, write a response in big red font that said " I am asking all newer members who are regular users of the forum to use the search function to see what discussion has gone on before"

but that didn't go down too well last time I said it......... :oops: :oops:
but , you know If yer feelin' lucky punk you could type alternative into it ....

there , miiiiiiiiiight be one we haven't discussed......... :roll:
Fair call. I shall now retreat to the workshop and try to further console the bike.

And make a note not to enter Forum discussions whilst browsing on my phone.
- Charlie
'Overall happiness is directly proportional to the increasing distance between the front wheel and the ground.'
JonB

Post by JonB »

There's this other place they do a bit of Salt Lake Racing, it's been washed out 2 years in a row too though, think it's called Bonneville or something, I think they've managed to run a couple of successful events since though.

We have had a couple of the wettest summers going for a long time, not sure if you've watched TV lately but Lake Gairdner isn't the only place that's a bit damp at the moment.
DLRA#1115
Underhouse Engineering
RGV

Post by RGV »

If our lake is wet its a fair call that the rest of OZ is under water.

Last Minute Racing
DLRA #928

2010 MPS/G 250 118 MPH
2011 Washed Out
2012 Washed Out
2013 MPS/G 250 131 MPH (RECORD)
2014 MPS/G 250 140 MPH (RECORD)
2015 MPS/F 250 DNF
2016 MPS/F 250 114 MPH (RECORD)
2017 MPS/F 250 DNF
god of speed

Post by god of speed »

JonB wrote:There's this other place they do a bit of Salt Lake Racing, it's been washed out 2 years in a row too though, think it's called Bonneville or something, I think they've managed to run a couple of successful events since though.

We have had a couple of the wettest summers going for a long time, not sure if you've watched TV lately but Lake Gairdner isn't the only place that's a bit damp at the moment.
Never heard of it, sounds a magical place.
- Charlie
off tap racing

Post by off tap racing »

Hi all, im all for april race meet you can count me in, just as long as i dont have to wait an other 12 months, i would just love a go on the salt, 3 attempts an 3 wash outs..... maybe its me jinxing it...... Graeme #613
Greg Watters

Post by Greg Watters »

AAAHHH so its you :wink:
penny

Post by penny »

Alright people , 4 Pages of forum and not one comment from a commitee member , doesn't this tell you you are wasting your breath .
glengowrie annexe of the Institute of Backyard Studies
Dr Goggles

Post by Dr Goggles »

breath?, dunno....votes maybe.
Ratmuller

Post by Ratmuller »

I agree, there needs to be more feed back from the commitee and I look forward to that happening........alot of people have spent a large amount of time and effort not to mention hard earned casholies , although its no bodies direct fault and second date is a must now.....3 years is just too long.....hope the proposed ideas are accepted quickly
club animal

Post by club animal »

Animal with some things to say ,first i are the Race Director officialy for the past two years and unofficialy since 1998 i are also on the commitee,and the forum.
At this time the commitee has contacted the DEH and the appropiate people to try and get a run in April, Moe boys are kidnapping the President Cled and taking him to the salt to extract a answer from the person who gave him the wrong info, then it will be up to the rain God so say your prayers All we have to worry about is where and when the AGM should be held, Tailem bend has been suggested so as many members can make it,We need to sort out what is on the agenda, what we want for the club, who is going to stand up to the plate,remember it is our Club and we have a say in how it is run,I wil start a AGM forum in the private part to get the ball rolling any person who wants to contact me can PM me or ring on 0438429664

Regards
ANIMAL
member 151
since 1996
Regards ANIMAL
Member 151
NAC 200+mph club
DLRA 200 mph club
going fast is my blast
stewross

Post by stewross »

Sadly I doubt that we could make it again so soon...lot of people to line up from all over...maybe towards the later part of the year we'd be all go...I have to build up some credit at work again before I take time off again...sigh...

SR
SR500
Ross Racing
Mossy

Post by Mossy »

Just a bit of further info. In this part of the world the best months of the year are generally April/May, with clear sunny days and very little wind.
Sep to Dec is usually very windy. Jan and Feb have little wind if its a hot dry summer. But these are also the 2 months we get heavy rainfall/thunderstorms coming down from the tropics. These last 2 summers are the first I have seen in the last 40 years I've been living in Port Augusta when the countryside has been green at the end of Feb.
Maybe we should try to find out what the lake has been like towards the end of April for the last few years? Though one downside with this time of the year is the shorter days.
Cheers Mossy
DLRA # 959