Go here to find out what's happening in Oz

Moderator: DLRA

DLRA
Site Admin

2012 Speedeeek Rain Date and other stuff

Post by DLRA »

From Carol
"We had a committee meeting tonight and the following items were decided:

• We intend to have another attempt at holding Speedweek 2012 on the week of 28th of May through to 1st of June at Lake Gairdner, this of course depends on the condition of the lake and permission from DEH to do this, we intend to have regular lake inspections carried out weekly in the weeks leading up the scheduled event. David Pluckhahn has undertaken to co-ordinate a roster of South Australian members to provide weekly updates, these findings are to be dated and posted on the DLRA home page.
• The AGM is to be held at Lake Gairdner during that week. • We will still have a general meeting at Tailem Bend on the 5th of May commencing at 7pm, the Test and Tune strip will be available during the day from 9am through to 5pm.
• We intend to change the dates for our Annual Speedweek to late January/early February, the actual dates will depend on the moon cycle and we will have a rainout date for late May/early June each year starting in 2013.
• We will get a newsletter out as soon as possible and have asked Greg Wapling to put this on the home page of the website along with the forum.
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
Cookey

Re: 2012 Speedeeek Rain Date and other stuff

Post by Cookey »

Many thanks to the committee and Greg for getting the info straight up on the forum. :D :D :D :D
Communication is the essence for the club moving forward in the right direction.
Cheers,
Tony Cooke
DLRA # 363
GSUZ

Post by GSUZ »

great news guys, look forward to it, fingers crossed the weather holds out for us.
Shane Gaghan #805
Roadside Motorcycle Assistance
Meadows SA
RGV

Post by RGV »

Cookey wrote:Many thanks to the committee and Greg for getting the info straight up on the forum. :D :D :D :D
Communication is the essence for the club moving forward in the right direction.
+1

Last Minute Racing
DLRA #928

2010 MPS/G 250 118 MPH
2011 Washed Out
2012 Washed Out
2013 MPS/G 250 131 MPH (RECORD)
2014 MPS/G 250 140 MPH (RECORD)
2015 MPS/F 250 DNF
2016 MPS/F 250 114 MPH (RECORD)
2017 MPS/F 250 DNF
Mark-644

Post by Mark-644 »

Thanks to all our committee members for there time and effort .The best news I and all members of the D L R A have herd in a long time

Cheers Mark 644
bigfastjohn

Post by bigfastjohn »

You guys are going to have to do a new volinteer roster as I for one dont think I can make it on short notice John 301mph Lynch
RGV

Post by RGV »

I have no idea of the numbers, but if they are down to say 50% would it be necessary to run 2 tracks?

Is there a minimum number of entrants that we need to run a meeting?

Last Minute Racing
DLRA #928

2010 MPS/G 250 118 MPH
2011 Washed Out
2012 Washed Out
2013 MPS/G 250 131 MPH (RECORD)
2014 MPS/G 250 140 MPH (RECORD)
2015 MPS/F 250 DNF
2016 MPS/F 250 114 MPH (RECORD)
2017 MPS/F 250 DNF
IN2VWS

Post by IN2VWS »

Yes, a new volunteer register will be needed.

I would like to suggest that due to the number being down for the event, That everyone (including racers) must volunteer for half a day, and then race the other half of the day.
If your name is not on the volunteer register, then you don't get to race. It may sound a bit harsh, but the whole event is a volunteer based event. My 2c.

Perhaps we need a list of the people that will be attending????

John
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

I'm just waiting to make sure everything is locked in, the register is all ready to go.
Your right we need entrants to confirm for the new dates and nominate for what they are going to do at the same time. As to how many entrants we will end up with, who knows we've never done this before.
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
swello

Post by swello »

[quote="IN2VWS"]Yes, a new volunteer register will be needed.

That everyone (including racers) must volunteer for half a day, and then race the other half of the day.
I was on all sorts of registered tasks for the washed out event and I was looking forward as much to those jobs as I was to racing.
Can't see why anyone who's keen enough to travel to L.G. would not want to help run the event.
I suppose if the register is started again we'll soon see who's keen.
Rob Carroll

Post by Rob Carroll »

Had a phone call late this afternoon from Norm Bradshaw. He was working over the border in SA this week, so decided to take a detour to LG before heading home. He left Pt Augusta this morning and was at the lake about 10 am. Walked out on the lake and NO water in sight, not even at the bottom of the ramp. Not a lot of salt at the ramp, about a half inch thick but quite hard to dig up with his boot. He said the surface was quite damp but no water above the surface.Amazing how quickly so much water can disappear. He took some photos which he will post when he gets back and finds someone to help him load them up. Cheers Rob Carroll
Greg Watters

Post by Greg Watters »

Personally i would have preferred a rain out date much closer to the current, worries about short cold days and dew and how hygroscopic the salt is .
and my work gets very busy at that time , probably can't race anyway :( ... but if that works best for the majority then so be it , never going to suit everyone

Not surprised the salt is close to race ready now , we saw how quickly we could get onto it in 2010
Mossy

Post by Mossy »

I've just booked my week off for the May date. There will be 2 of us to help out.
Cheers Mossy
DLRA # 959
The Panel Van Man

Post by The Panel Van Man »

I should be there. Did not use the week in March so "should' be OK for May. Vans ready, Bags are packed and yes I will sign on to help. As has already been said whatever it takes to go RACING. T.P.V.M.
wfpv
zork

Post by zork »

Ahoy,
There seems to be a link to a different DLRA home page on Facebook than what I normally download???
http://www.dlra.org.au/2012.htm