2013 Speed Week

Go here to find out what's happening in Oz

Moderator: DLRA

Clarebrothers

Re: 2013 Speed Week

Post by Clarebrothers »

I along with what i belive to be a good number of members see computers as both a safe & very effective way of administering our race meet. That said all entrants need to look at detailed pr-entry so as to make a good thing work in practice. *** Race control - Timers - Saftey Crew *** all on the same page. Computers would have a major contribution to maxamizing track time & would encourage all thinking the same way
Cookey

Post by Cookey »

Bar Coding & scanners are a proven way to streamline things once we get to the lake and entries arrive for scrutineering.
This has been discussed with President Cled but I doubt very much if it has gone any further!!!
Long time overdue for this club to embrace technology that is readily and cheaply available.
Cheers,
Tony Cooke
DLRA # 363
BIG GAZ

Post by BIG GAZ »

The DLRA committee have put together a computer technical committee that will be looking at such things as a weather station, wireless Comms, reader boards at the start line, pits and canteen and anything else the members put forward. The committee believe that the members and racers should be given the opportunity to voice their opinion on where they want their club to be in 10 years time. Open and frank consultation with anyone who is interested will be encouraged.

I am talking to Greg and will suggest that a section be created on the forum where this can happen. Please stay tuned.
Gaz
BIG GAZ

Post by BIG GAZ »

Update- Greg has now set up a Technology Committee area under the Members Offline heading on the main page. Let Greg know if you are not signed up to access and let us know your thoughts. Thanks,
Gaz
Dreamliner 200

Post by Dreamliner 200 »

BIG GAZ wrote:Update- Greg has now set up a Technology Committee area under the Members Offline heading on the main page. Let Greg know if you are not signed up to access and let us know your thoughts. Thanks,
Gaz
I'm signed up and have access, but can't see a Technology Committee topic in the Offline Members area? :?:
DLRA Member 752
Livin' the dream!
BIG GAZ

Post by BIG GAZ »

Graham,
Yes, I know what you mean. It is a bit confusing as to which Offline members area you are directed to when you log in and I dont know the answer why. PM Greg and he should be able to sort you or anyone else out.(AND ME)
GAZ
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

Ok, sorted now, please try again.
(Gary had to move it and change permissions)
It should be located at the bottom of the main (Dry Lakes Racers Australia) forum.
Note
1. To see this new section of the forum, you have to be registered with the forum and a member of the Offline Group
2. Only members of the DLRA can be members of the Offline Group.
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
Dreamliner 200

Post by Dreamliner 200 »

Excellent, thanks for that guys! :mrgreen:
DLRA Member 752
Livin' the dream!
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

2013 ENTRANTS
If you have pre-entered for 2013 (2011, 2012) please check your entry details on the 2013 Speed Week page. If they are incorrect or incomplete contact me now. drylakesracersau@hotmail.com

Note for entrants who have sent their entries in from May onwards, you have not been added to the pre-entry list yet, but will be added soon.

If you need assistance with completing the form please contact me or Carol
For assistance with class details contact the Catagory Reps as shown on the Contact Us page
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

(copied from the DLRA Speed Trials Entry Form page)

Download ENTRY FORM [PDF]

NOTE:
Eligibility: All owners and drivers must be financial members of the DLRA. Owners / drivers under 18 years of age must have notarized consent from a Parent or Guardian.

Race Entry Fee: You need to complete a separate entry form and pay an entry fee ($275) for each class you wish to compete in. However additional drivers in the same vehicle will pay a discounted entry fee ($175)

Important: You are not officially entered until this entry form has been completed and returned to the DLRA office and recorded by the Speed Trails officials.

Class: You nominate the class and engine capacity you compete in, if you achieve a record you will then have to confirm / prove your vehicles eligibility.

Late Entry Fee: The cut off for this years entries will be 15th of January 2012. There will be a late entry fee of $150.00 after this date.

Lost Log Book: Replacement log books are available at $50 each. Note: When presenting at scrutineering with a new log book your vehicle and your safety equipment will be subject to the same inspection as a vehicle presenting for the first time.

Completed entry forms and payment to be sent to:
Dry Lakes Racers Australia
PO 349 Castlemaine VIC 3450

Enquiries about Entries
Phone : 03 5472 4629
Fax : 03 5472 4629
Email: carol@castlemaine.net

Volunteers Roster
ALL competitors and/or teams are expected to volunteer for tasks to assist with the running of the event. Nominations for tasks can be made on the Task Schedule pages. If ALL these tasks are not assigned prior to Speed Week there will be no event.
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

For those non-Facebookers, Scott Lewis has posted these photos;
Airborne Reconnaissance of the Lake has begun again.
As at 9/12/2012, there is no water as far as the eye can see, the surface looks smooth and there is salt to the very edges.
Bring on February!!
(Fantastic Photos Scott)
This is looking south, the canteen and ramp are on that point on the centre-left.

This is looking north-west, once again the canteen on the point in the middle with the track heading up to the islands to the right

PS Norm Bradshaw was up there a couple of weeks ago, best he's seen it for a long time.
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

Here is the logo for 2013.

DLRA WebMaster / Editor
BIG GAZ

Post by BIG GAZ »

Does that mean it is going to be a black T shirt again?
I just don't look good in Black.
Gaz
stewross

Post by stewross »

The Ross Racing Team is looking forward to the event!

SR :D
SR500
Ross Racing
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

Just completed the final update for the 309 Pre Entrants for the 2013 Speed Week.
For those that did not supply class details etc, I've just given you what class I think your in.
These will need to be confirmed with Category Representatives prior to you presenting for Entrant Registration or Tech Inspection
http://www.dlra.org.au/2013.htm#PREENTRIES
DLRA WebMaster / Editor