SATA

Go here to find out what's happening in Oz

Moderator: DLRA

holden1

SATA

Post by holden1 »

I keep hearing about this new SATA. What's the go? Why does South Altona need a Timing Association? I looked on a map south of Altona is Port Philip Bay!!!!! Do they race boats?
Dr Goggles

Re: SATA

Post by Dr Goggles »

bahahahahah, that'll do me ....it's just down the road...just past the Half Moon Caravan Park, now, that's a classy place to spend yr holidays.Once when working on a truck there my mate and I used to sing "In my mind I'm heading to North Altona, can't you just smell the seaweed, can you just see the factories".........
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
Cookey

Post by Cookey »

holden1 wrote:I keep hearing about this new SATA. What's the go? Why does South Altona need a Timing Association? I looked on a map south of Altona is Port Philip Bay!!!!! Do they race boats?
This new SATA is for those who do not access, or bother to read the minutes of the latest DLRA general meeting is in fact the South Australian Timing Association which has recently been formed and incorporated in S.A.
A core group of land speed racers here in South Australia (like our counterparts in Queensland) felt that we needed a local body to quantify the approach to the appropriate authorities and or land owners whereby we could arrange for events to be conducted.
Currently the committee is looking into various sites and once we have locked in the necessary agreements we will be in a position to advise all interested parties.
Until we have such agreements firmly locked in we will not be in a position to elaborate further.
Cheers,
Tony Cooke
DLRA # 363
holden1

Post by holden1 »

Dear Terry thank you for solving that mystery. I don't read the minutes so as they say i don't have my ''figure on the pulse'' if you will, i think it's commendable that a group of chaps should take the time and effort to further the sport in any way they think fit. The more people out there racing the better, you say the same thing has happened in Queensland too i have no knowledge of this group but wish them the best of luck. In the USA they have heaps of timing associations. Whats your plan? Where will you run? What time of year? What timing gear do you have? Are you having a Christmas party? Will you use the SCTA rules? Glad to see the guys in South Australia have the finger on it. Cheers holden1
holden1

Post by holden1 »

With the cost of every thing going up (gfc gst carbon tax) the cost of setting up a new timing association must be ''out of this world'' i could only imagine the cost of new timing gear!! Here is a cheaper alternative....

Hope this helps. Cheers holden1
club animal

Post by club animal »

Cookey Is SATA working with or against the DLRA
Regards ANIMAL
Regards ANIMAL
Member 151
NAC 200+mph club
DLRA 200 mph club
going fast is my blast
Cookey

Post by Cookey »

club animal wrote:Cookey Is SATA working with or against the DLRA
Regards ANIMAL
To put it clear & simple Animal the SATA is not working against the DLRA.
We (the SATA Committee) are currently at an advanced stage of negotiations to secure a long term and privately owned land based (not lake) venue that we (SATA) will have total control over.
This is not a remote area but is readily accessible with full facilities and accommodation nearby.
This will enable us to conduct several meetings (if supported) each year and test & tune sessions etc.
This site will have the potential to eventually run events up to 1 mile (such as the Maxton & Texas Mile etc.) and will only be affected by immediate weather (no flooding risk at all) :D :D :D :D :D :D
The basis of the arrangements being negotiated is that a South Australian based organization will run the venue and initially the plan is to cater for racers only with no provision for the general public.
The potential venue has the propensity to attract high performance and GT type race (and classic street) cars & bikes that would never contemplate running on the salt but as has already been stated, would be prepared to run on such sites as Lake Omeo.
This will naturally require some rules and regulations not applicable to the DLRA requirements and as such will be specific to the venue.
Our plans are for the SATA to be self funding and as a state based body qualify for development and promotional grants etc.
Finally, we will not be making any further announcements, nor canvassing membership of the SATA until such time as we have secured this and or another venue within South Australia.
Please be assured that we are not being secretive or subversive about our operations at this time but rather we are determined not to" blow our trumpets too soon" :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Cheers,
Tony Cooke
DLRA # 363
gennyshovel

Post by gennyshovel »

ONYA COOKEY :!:
Tiny
Tiny DLRA# 484
Postiebike Racing , created & funded by TwoBob Engineering
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Good work Cookey. I hope you get your venue!

Lynchy
AuotonomousRX

Post by AuotonomousRX »

Great Stuff Cookey.

The more venues/events the better I reckon.

Land Speed Racing in OZ is on the up I'd say. :D

Pete
One of the Short Men.
Still trying to decide if I am a procrastinator

Pete :?
DLRA #866
Grey power

Post by Grey power »

Hi Cookey Some wanker who has to much time on his hands is playing games.Holden 1 is not connected to Grey Power Racing.He should concentrate on building cars instead of writing this crap if he is serious about DLRA.Dennis Boundy.
momec3

Post by momec3 »

So your application as the court jester appears to be under consideration. Ever kingdom needs one. Fairly simple rules as you may have already observed, if they don't get the joke you may loose your head.
The written word is a difficult thing sometimes and each one of us regular users can look back find stuff we have written that falls flat and other times we write stuff that conveys exactly what we meant whether it be in jest or in a serious conversation.
Good luck there are some seriously funny bastards you will be competing with and welcome.

Chris
Chris
holden1

Post by holden1 »

Chris thank you.
David Leikvold

Post by David Leikvold »

Sadly, it's a real number plate. We were quite happy with "The Sunshine State" but Peter Beattie, the former premier, decided that Queensland should and would become the epicentre of Australian high technology industry so we got lumbered with the stupid plates. I haven't seen any indication that his grand plan ever got off the ground. He couldn't even fix the roads and when he left he gave us Anna Bligh :shock: . Thanks a bunch, Pete.

Cheers
Dave
Good, Fast, Cheap, pick any two!
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

I'm with Holden1, they are a novelty plate!! You've got me thinking now, I might start checking out the plates of all the drivers sitting in the fast lane of the Bruce Hwy doing 10ks under the limit......