New to DLRA

Go here to find out what's happening in Oz

Moderator: DLRA

Desert Rat Racing

New to DLRA

Post by Desert Rat Racing »

:D I am hoping to be up and running by 2007 as I have to get our little Mitsubushi Colt back on the road but what bothers me is that in the Operational Plans for Speedweek it states in 3.3 that a competition car must have a support vehicle with it, well how do the guys get on who drive their car to the lake do 3-4 runs them drive home does someone else supply the support vehicle or is this rule just forgotten about for these guys, interested in how this works. Future Driver. :)
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

A few of the competitors with smaller teams have asked the same question. I'll put it to the committee to come up with the offical answer.

In the meantime, I might be able to offer some insight as to how this requirement came about. There are 2 good reasons; one is to provide a tender vehicle for each run in case of mishap so that the event runs smoothly. The other is limit the effect of an oil spill by having a kit aboard each support vehicle. (This is probably the most important from the point of view of the National Parks people and the DLRA for the running of future events)

I know last year that some individual competitors "borrowed" support vehicles and crews from other teams. Maybe some of the smaller teams could band together and help each other out.

Anyway wait until I get a response from the committee.
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor