First time to DLRA camp

Go here to find out what's happening in Oz

Moderator: DLRA

off tap racing

First time to DLRA camp

Post by off tap racing »

Hi all, just wondering what the go is when arriving at the DLRA camp, who i see, pay camping fees, and get told where to go (in a nice way i hope) i'll be arriving saturday morning so the sooner i can get set up at camp the sooner i'm free to help out setting up, cheers Graeme #613
outbacktrev

Re: First time to DLRA camp

Post by outbacktrev »

Graeme,
Depending on what you are camping in, tent, swag, camper trailer or whatever. :?: If you require power for a fridge or light (power is not to be used for cooking ie toasters, jugs etc) as the genset can only handle so much, :idea: camp somewhere near the big shearing shed. :idea: You can camp pretty much where you like really depending on what you require. :roll: A lot of people camp around, near the ablution blocks as there is power available there as well, but the septic gets a bit on the nose towards the end of the week. :oops:
As far as fees go, you will see and atco humpy with the remnants of a Satellite dish on the roof (don't pay there) behind it is the white "Hadfeild Hilton" on the high ground where Carol will be only too glad to relieve you of some cash, or the camping, race fees etc can be paid at the "Merchandising" caravan which will be situated down on the Lake in the pits area.
See Ya there.
Cheers,
Trevor #298