Bush camp fees

Go here to find out what's happening in Oz

Moderator: DLRA

OLDtimer

Re: Bush camp fees

Post by OLDtimer »

You obviously haven't been there for some time Spook, there are plenty of women at the camp, but there soon won't be if see some of us in the shower !!!
internetscooter

Post by internetscooter »

what is the water situation at the bush camp? BYO or is there somewhere that we can get it from?
Paul
---
DLRA #647
89.664 mph (aiming for 100mph+)
www.vespalabs.org
outbacktrev

Post by outbacktrev »

All,
At the very least, take your own drinking water to the lake side camp :idea: Water is a very precious commodity in the area this year as there has been very minimal rain fall (Sh!t shouldn't have said that :idea: )
In the past the Newtons have provided a tanker of BORE water to operate the existing two toilets and showers, I don't think that water would be suitable for most to drink :oops:
Cheers,
Trevor #298
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

internetscooter wrote:what is the water situation at the bush camp? BYO or is there somewhere that we can get it from?
There is a tank, and it does contain water of dubious quality, but we're not sure where it's coming from, hence the request elsewhere on the forum for anyone that knows anything about it.

Better to be safe than sorry. Bring your own drinking water.

And Salt Bush Campers please remember that the fees for this camp go to Mt. Ive.
It is not appreciated turning up at the DLRA camp and using the facilities that others have paid for.
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
Dr Goggles

Post by Dr Goggles »

Paul, fill your water at home.
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
internetscooter

Post by internetscooter »

Dr Goggles wrote:Paul, fill your water at home.
I think I am going to do everything in moderation ;) Pay for both camps and bring some water, a cheap loo and no shower ;)
Paul
---
DLRA #647
89.664 mph (aiming for 100mph+)
www.vespalabs.org
RGV

Post by RGV »

So its $7 a night to stay in the Salt Bush Camp per night and $10 per night to stay in the DLRA camp per night, $7 of this going to Mt. Ives and $3 going to DLRA. So whats wrong with an honesty box so people from the Salt Bush camp can use the shower, say $3 a shower? Or is it us and them? You stay in the Salt Bush camp and you cant use our shower.
This will be my 3rd time to the salt, first as a spectator, 2nd as a competitor. The first time I stayed in the DLRA camp. It was like camping in a dusty paddock with a shower. The second time I camped at the Salt Bush camp under the shade of some nice trees out of the wind with no shower.
Im bringing my own shower and staying in the Salt Bush camp so makes no differenced to me but I thought we were all in the same club.

Dave

Last Minute Racing
DLRA #928

2010 MPS/G 250 118 MPH
2011 Washed Out
2012 Washed Out
2013 MPS/G 250 131 MPH (RECORD)
2014 MPS/G 250 140 MPH (RECORD)
2015 MPS/F 250 DNF
2016 MPS/F 250 114 MPH (RECORD)
2017 MPS/F 250 DNF
OLDPOP

Post by OLDPOP »

from what I can work out Mt Ive are not going to have the shower toilet shed working
and have not heard any more about the Coates hirs deal the DLRA were working on

Regards
Phill H
DLRA # 1102
Montlhery

Post by Montlhery »

A shower I can live without for a few days but the crapper is a problem ,I know that quite a few people are coming as
spectators, Does this mean we bring a shovel and go for a walk ?
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

Montlhery wrote:A shower I can live without for a few days but the crapper is a problem ,I know that quite a few people are coming as
spectators, Does this mean we bring a shovel and go for a walk ?
No!! Definitely not. This is exactly what we are trying to avoid.
The last thing we want is for DEWNR rangers to see campers from the Salt Bush camp heading off into the bush with a shovel and some dunny paper. That's why we are making the point, if you are staying at the SaltBush camp you need to make arrangements.

Note: there are portable toilets on the lake that are for use during the day. But driving on the Lake at night is banned for all but pit security.
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
Montlhery

Post by Montlhery »

Thanks for the clarrification Greg , I am worried, the reasonable number of spectators will not know we have no crapper facilities and it not be a good situation. I have only become aware of this today and now have 7 days to organise a crapper for the lake . Is there any news on the hire deal ? I think this is imperative .
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

As of 8pm tonight no news.
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
rgn

Post by rgn »

Montlhery wrote:I have only become aware of this today and now have 7 days to organise a crapper for the lake . Is there any news on the hire deal ? I think this is imperative .
I agree, looking at the number of entries, one would think that you may have over a hundred people camped lakeside without sanitation or water. If toilets can be arranged for the lake surely they can be organised for the camp-site? Whatever the cost?
BOB ELLIS

Post by BOB ELLIS »

Oh , Hollywood seven you can dream your dreams , for seven bucks a night.

The $7 at the lakeside camp ALL goes to Mt Ive.$10 at the DLRA camp,$3 goes to the club. No us and them,the club benifits very little from camp fees,but the more that stay at the main camp,the better for the DLRA funds.

If you stay at the "bush" camp,BONUS,you are close to the lake.But short on shitters/showers.

If you stay at the DLRA camp,BONUS,you are close to the shitters/showers.But are a 7k drive to and from the lake.(And pay an extra $3 for the drive).

So please guys , no more bitchin' about us and them , stay where you want to,and just enjoy being at speedweek.

Thats my 2 cents worth,(have to save up again!)

Bob.
Montlhery

Post by Montlhery »

Thanks Bob , I dont think there is and "us and them" mentality at all ,Mt Ives have been excellent to us. If we the club need to provide a toilet block then I dont think anyone would give a sh.t about paying for it even if it was $20 or more per night or whatever we need to cover costs . To provide your own crapper means you take you own business with you on a bumpy road back will not be fun , or a plastic bag that might leak etc .