Bush camp fees

Go here to find out what's happening in Oz

Moderator: DLRA

David Leikvold

Re: Bush camp fees

Post by David Leikvold »

There are no insurmountable problems here. Everyone who's been there before knows the message has always been "this is the bush, be self-sufficient, bring everything you need and take all your rubbish away with you when you leave". So I'm much better prepared than I was the first time. Now I've got the shower, I can buy a decent camping toilet online for $60 (plus the chemicals and proper toilet paper) I'll bring enough drinking water for hot weather and the ice truck visits twice a day. Plus we have the canteen. It's all good.

It's going to be a good week :) See you there!

Dave

P.S. bring some really heavy duty plastic bags to wrap your toilet in for the trip back. You'll be ever so pleased you did :lol: !
Good, Fast, Cheap, pick any two!
outbacktrev

Post by outbacktrev »

All,
Just a small addition to costs associated with camping at either camp. :roll:
The Lake side camp is $7 per night, per person with facilities mentioned before :lol: and goes totally to Mt Ive (no "S")
The DLRA camp is $10 per night, per person plus a one of $10 diesel levy to run the genset. :mrgreen: $7 per person per night to Mt Ive 8)
The one of $10 diesel levy is for 1 or 5 days :wink:
The DLRA camp has running water which needs to be used sparingly, flushing toilets, :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
and electricity limited to lighting, charging batteries etc. and refridgeration :mrgreen: Cooking should be done on gas or the genset will be overloaded and we will have nothing :oops:
The DLRA camp is open to ALL and not the select few as some may think. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
If you wish to stay at the DLRA camp and need any information or help slip over to the "Table of Knowledge" (near ATCO with Satellite dish remnants) and we should be able to help even though the knowledge base has been depleted by a few unable to attend :cry:
Water is a scarce commodity in either camp and needs to be used sensibly and sparingly. :wink:
A landline telephone is also available at a cost of $5 per phone call and is available near the "Table of Knowledge" for essential use only :idea: :idea: :idea: not for love you missing you type calls :wink: :shock: :shock: :shock:
See ya all there,
Cheers,
Trevor #298 :D :D :D :D :D
internetscooter

Post by internetscooter »

outbacktrev wrote:All,
The Lake side camp is $7 per night, per person with facilities mentioned before :lol: and goes totally to Mt Ive (no "S")
The DLRA camp is $10 per night, per person plus a one of $10 diesel levy to run the genset. :mrgreen: $7 per person per night to Mt Ive 8)
ok for clarification - so does this sound correct....

Either camp $7 goes to Mt Ive...

So if you pay the DLRA camp fees, you can stay at either campsite? You can use the shower but if you stay at the lake side you bring your own dunny - because 7km is a long trip when you are bursting ;)
Paul
---
DLRA #647
89.664 mph (aiming for 100mph+)
www.vespalabs.org
Mossy

Post by Mossy »

`If you wish to stay at the DLRA camp and need any information or help slip over to the "Table of Knowledge" (near ATCO with Satellite dish remnants) and we should be able to help even though the knowledge base has been depleted by a few unable to attend'

If you run short of `knowledge base', I believe I become quite knowledgable once I've had enough to drink :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers Mossy
DLRA # 959
AuotonomousRX

Post by AuotonomousRX »

Saltbush Camp Due to the fact that Mt. Ive Station which run the Saltbush Camp have
repeatedly refused to make any improvements to the site. The DLRA have requested a quote
from Coates Hire for a toilet block and shower block to be sited at the Saltbush Camp.
Fees will rise accordingly from the previous $7 a day to $10 a day to help cover the costs to the
DLRA. We have no choice as the Health Department will be watching this area closely and if
people start wandering off into the bush they could close us down.
Norm Bradshaw wanted to know if any members know anything about the supply of water to the
Saltbush Camp.

I know my confusion about what to bring relates to the above statement from the Minutes of the 20/01/2013 General Meeting.

I thought that this would happen and if it's not, then I'll get the stuff I need, at least we all know now what to expect.

Pete
Still trying to decide if I am a procrastinator

Pete :?
DLRA #866
RGV

Post by RGV »

outbacktrev wrote:All,
The DLRA camp has running water which needs to be used sparingly, flushing toilets, :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
and electricity limited to lighting, charging batteries etc. and refridgeration :mrgreen: Cooking should be done on gas or the genset will be overloaded and we will have nothing :oops:
The DLRA camp is open to ALL and not the select few as some may think. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
If you wish to stay at the DLRA camp and need any information or help slip over to the "Table of Knowledge" (near ATCO with Satellite dish remnants) and we should be able to help even though the knowledge base has been depleted by a few unable to attend :cry:
Water is a scarce commodity in either camp and needs to be used sensibly and sparingly. :wink:
A landline telephone is also available at a cost of $5 per phone call and is available near the "Table of Knowledge" for essential use only :idea: :idea: :idea: not for love you missing you type calls :wink: :shock: :shock: :shock:
See ya all there,
Cheers,

Trevor #298 :D :D :D :D :D

If were getting picky refrigeration (no "d") 8)

Dave

Last Minute Racing
DLRA #928

2010 MPS/G 250 118 MPH
2011 Washed Out
2012 Washed Out
2013 MPS/G 250 131 MPH (RECORD)
2014 MPS/G 250 140 MPH (RECORD)
2015 MPS/F 250 DNF
2016 MPS/F 250 114 MPH (RECORD)
2017 MPS/F 250 DNF
David Leikvold

Post by David Leikvold »

If we're getting picky, you forgot the apostrophe :wink:

Dave :mrgreen:
Good, Fast, Cheap, pick any two!
OLDtimer

Post by OLDtimer »

The lakeside camp was never intended to have large numbers of campers. That is why Mt Ive gave us land to establish the club camp. It's quite simple really, if you don't have your own shower / toilet facilities, stay at the main camp or at Mt Ive homestead.
Pete Noy
DLRA #6
SATA #3
outbacktrev

Post by outbacktrev »

Paul,
With regard to paying $10 for DLRA camp, per night, and staying at Lakeside camp I don't see an issue :shock: as you say $7 goes to Mt Ive regardless. There would still be the one of $10 diesel levy involved as well, this is paid by ALL who use the DLRA camp whether it be for 1 day or 5 days. This $10 levy is to supply diesel to run the genset which provides the power for pumps, lights, refrigeration etc. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Never had anybody ask that before :roll: My head hurts now :? :? :?
See ya there,
Cheers,
Trevor #298
internetscooter

Post by internetscooter »

outbacktrev wrote:Paul,
With regard to paying $10 for DLRA camp, per night, and staying at Lakeside camp I don't see an issue :shock: as you say $7 goes to Mt Ive regardless. There would still be the one of $10 diesel levy involved as well, this is paid by ALL who use the DLRA camp whether it be for 1 day or 5 days. This $10 levy is to supply diesel to run the genset which provides the power for pumps, lights, refrigeration etc. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Never had anybody ask that before :roll: My head hurts now :? :? :?
See ya there,
Cheers,
Trevor #298
Thanks! I see that is fair and reasonable :) Flicking money to the DLRA is much better (and cheaper) than buying shower gear that will only get used a few times every few years.
Paul
---
DLRA #647
89.664 mph (aiming for 100mph+)
www.vespalabs.org
DaveB

Post by DaveB »

I might be missing something but from what I understand there is a toilet at the DLRA camp and one in the pits but none at the Salt Bush camp?

As we are not aloud to be in the pit area after dark is there any reason we couldn't hook up the toilets at the pits to the back of a car and take it to the Salt Bush camp of an evening then return them in the morning?

That way everyone has toilets and but it wont cost any more money to hire equipment etc.
"His place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat"
mal hewett

Post by mal hewett »

by DLRA » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:11 pm

Montlhery wrote:A shower I can live without for a few days but the crapper is a problem ,I know that quite a few people are coming as
spectators, Does this mean we bring a shovel and go for a walk ?

No!! Definitely not. This is exactly what we are trying to avoid.
The last thing we want is for DEWNR rangers to see campers from the Salt Bush camp heading off into the bush with a shovel and some dunny paper. That's why we are making the point, if you are staying at the SaltBush camp you need to make arrangements.

Note: there are portable toilets on the lake that are for use during the day. But driving on the Lake at night is banned for all but pit security.
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor

In regards to this previous post . Many Many people do not use this forum and will not know about the toilet situation at the Lakeside camp . Im sure the spectator numbers this year will suprise everyone and the majority will camp lakeside . SO has there been any hire toilets sorted ?????? If we dont want people shitting in the bush this needs to be addressed !! I dont beleive it should be left up to mount Ive to sort out it out , they have been VERY Good to the Club and also Very tolerant .
Mal Hewett
OLDtimer

Post by OLDtimer »

Mal, like I posted earlier, if they don't have their own facilities, they can stay at the club camp (that's what it's there for), or at the homestead. Quite simple really.
Pete Noy
DLRA #6
SATA #3
outbacktrev

Post by outbacktrev »

All,
The definitive answer for toilets at the "Lakeside Camp" :)
As has been suggested the portable trailer toilets are not used during the evening once racing is finished, so have spoken with the Pres (Cled) and he agrees 6-7 of the portable toilets could be taken to the Lakeside camp and utilised at night and returned empty and clean to the Salt during the day time racing :D
Generally there are 2 toilets at the start line, 1 at the Timing Van and 6 generally around the pit area :D
The 2 at the start line and 5 from the pit area could be taken from the lake after racing, 1 needs to remain for the "Secuiry Crew" :idea: :idea: emptied in the appropriate emptying area and placed around the Lakeside Camp in suitable locations. :D :D :D :D
In the morning the toilets would need to be emptied, cleaned and returned to the Lake area they were removed from :idea: :idea:
This a very good compromise for the situation at the moment and is probably the mostly likely solution at this time :wink:
Now SOMEBODY, from the Lakeside Camp area, will need to coordinate this (Read coordinate not necessarily do) :roll: :roll:
Anybody want to put their hand up :?: :?: :?:
Cheers,
Trevor
DLRA Camp coordinator #298 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
mal hewett

Post by mal hewett »

No sweat Trevor, add it to the volunteers list . There are many that are keen to help out but dont visit this forum
Mal Hewett