Bush camp fees

Go here to find out what's happening in Oz

Moderator: DLRA

gennyshovel

Re: Bush camp fees

Post by gennyshovel »

Consider the job NOT done (from sunday onwards anyway, at this stage), Team Silverton have a members meeting this evening, I will verify the decision I have made without consultation with Kenny1 & Kenny2
Tiny
EDIT , READ TEAM SILVERTON MEETING RESULT BELOW, THE JOB'S A NO GO !
Last edited by gennyshovel on Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tiny DLRA# 484
Postiebike Racing , created & funded by TwoBob Engineering
RGV

Post by RGV »

Fantastic news. A big thanx to Team Silverton and all concerned in making this happen.

Dave

Last Minute Racing
DLRA #928

2010 MPS/G 250 118 MPH
2011 Washed Out
2012 Washed Out
2013 MPS/G 250 131 MPH (RECORD)
2014 MPS/G 250 140 MPH (RECORD)
2015 MPS/F 250 DNF
2016 MPS/F 250 114 MPH (RECORD)
2017 MPS/F 250 DNF
outbacktrev

Post by outbacktrev »

Brilliant :!: :!: :!: :!: :D :D :D :D :D :idea: :idea: :idea:
I am sure you will be able to find some willing helpers throughout the week and this is a good solution to a major issue, Thank You. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Cheers,
Trevor
mal hewett

Post by mal hewett »

Great stuff Silverton crew , well done fellas !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And a good logical solution from DaveB .
Mal Hewett
gennyshovel

Post by gennyshovel »

After discussion with JB and Rodney (the 2 Kennys) the internal Team Silverton decision is that the dunny sharing cannot be done !
Problem number one :- quite a few dunnys need repairs with the hand pumps (they only work when the tanks are over 3/4 full), JB has organised a "bushy fix" using tricklon dripper tubing which should work ?
Problem number two:- there are 9 dunnys, one needs to stay at the Animal bus all night, and while the dunnys are emptied and cleaned (minimum of 2 hours per service for all dunnys) there will be no dunnys available for saltbush use from sundown onwards
Problem number 3 :- JB and Rodney need time to get "social"
Problem number 4 :- Everyone at the saltbush camp will need access to the dunnys on waking at spoggy fart am, to be ready for the 8am racing, who's going to get up and empty the dunnys, empty. clean and transport them onto the salt by 8am ?
Problem number 4:- the dunnys cant be in two places at once
I see no solution, other to get more volunteers(with suitable tow vehicles) for the late, and early shifts, BUT this will only work with more dunnysbeing made available available for the change over
Sorry for jumping the gun here, without checking with the guys 1st :oops:
Tiny DLRA# 484
Postiebike Racing , created & funded by TwoBob Engineering
outbacktrev

Post by outbacktrev »

Sad to hear about being unable to "dunny share" so to speak. :( :( :( :(
The likely hood of getting any extra toilet at this stage are zero to none. :( :( :( :(
It would appear the Club will need to buy some more toilets as time goes on, but these are not sitting waiting to be purchased we have them built with galvanized trailers to try and make then last. :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
There are spare parts available now for the toilets which may allow for permanent repair of broken things. :shock: :shock:
In the maintenance workshop at the DLRA camp are 2 trays with "bellows" and various new parts for the portable toilets. :idea:
Anybody want to put their hand up for repairs to the probably very over worked toilets at this time :?: :?: :?: :?:
If anybody does use parts please let me know so we order more parts. :idea: :idea: :idea:
Cheers,
Trevor
outbacktrev

Post by outbacktrev »

Tiny,
Have just ordered a swag of spares I think the toilets may need, after talking with JB and Chemloo (Scott) :D :D :D :D :D :D
There was never an intention to remove ALL toilets from the Lake for the evening (see previous post) :idea: :?
The evening shift for toilet mtce was never aimed at the Silverton crew as you will be doing enough throughout the day :lol: :lol:
If your crews expertise could be passed on to the select few to take on the night cart duties this would be appreciated :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: as I do understand and appreciate that JB and Rodney need to get social :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
As far as toilet numbers in the "wee" hours you will be no worse off than the DLRA camp which has 4 mens sh!tters and 4 ladies sh!tters. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I believe the existing toilets at the Lakeside camp will be functioning. Hoping this can all resolve itself by the time we have our first race meeting for 2 years.
Cheers,
Trevor #298
club animal

Post by club animal »

What we need is to build some bush type drop toilets as used by the DeH in there national parks if we follow there guidelines we should have no problems getting them accepted then you need some pinocleen for the smell and someone to cleen the seats and top up the paper, then we could charge admission to pay for them and it would be a win win situation but that wont happen this year so its back to bring your own portaloo [thats why they make them] ps keep your flies to yourselfs
Regards
Animal
Regards ANIMAL
Member 151
NAC 200+mph club
DLRA 200 mph club
going fast is my blast
Rob

Post by Rob »

Do all of the toilets need to be moved to the lakeside camp?

Surely even a couple ( 2 x Male and 1 x Female??) would be an improvement and alleviate most of the servicing hassles in the morning, particularly if those couple were removed from the pits where the balance of the toilets were already in situ and only "lightly patronised" early in the day.?
I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.
Cookey

Post by Cookey »

Not that we can do anything at this late time but I have heard that there will be health inspectors in the area this year and we most likely be the ones who cop it in the neck for any issues such as people taking a pee or a dump in the camping area.
The canteen area will be a target as food is being prepared and served there and certain rules apply as far as toilet and washing facilities being available on a pro rata to those being fed basis.
We have now been asked by Mt Ive to provide additional toilets to serve the canteen area. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Cheers,
Tony Cooke
DLRA # 363
IN2VWS

Post by IN2VWS »

Every year the toilets issue gets raised......but nothing ever gets organised. :roll:
The last event that was run, it was raised, but we couldn't get toilets due to the Clipsal 500 being run at the same time. I can understand that. As our event grows, the problem is not going to go away.....and everyone bringing portaloos is not the answer.
As I and others have mentioned....charge extra on the camping and spectator fees to cover these additional costs.

I know it is too late to do anything now for this event, but stop sweeping it under the carpet for future events.
rgn

Post by rgn »

I don't want to sound negative, or as if I know what I'm talking about.

I'm coming to Lake Gairdner for the first time to compete. There are I'm told 300 entries, and with each entry you would assume there would be at least 1 other persons accompanying them. And there are going to be spectators.

I have 4 people traveling with myself, I know of 6 others who are coming for the week to have a look... (Experience of a lifetime is how they are describing their expectations of the event to me)

I think perhaps the old days have gone. The profile of LSR has been raised by movies such as WFI, and documentaries that are readily on line. It has been two years since an event, and in this time the sport has become more alluring and mysterious, one people feel compelled to experience for themselves.

I'm worried that the lack of facilities might jeopardise the future of the sport. One person wandering off into the bushes might be the one that the alleged inspectors use as ratification to end the event for ever.

150 portable shitters?

Perhaps we need to think about it differently?

Perhaps a sanitation levy? Just say for argument $50 dollars per person in attendance.

In exchange for portable sanitation, shower blocks and a water tanker.

300 entries = $ 15000
300 team members = $ 15000
500 spectators over the week = $ 25000

That is a contract worth $50000 dollars to a commercial organization to provide basic services for the event.

I for one would be happy to pay it, and everyone in my team would be as well.

Sanitation Levy… I doubt anyone would begrudge it.

Regards,
Ralph.
zork

Post by zork »

It is a worry, I have twenty odd people with me.
ASH

Post by ASH »

Sounds like the Saltbush camp might be seeing a few heads. How many people can it realistically cater for? toilets and showers aside.
Rob

Post by Rob »

ASH wrote:Sounds like the Saltbush camp might be seeing a few heads. How many people can it realistically cater for? toilets and showers aside.
The Racers camp I think you mean. The Saltbush camp is the one beside the lake.

I'm stretching the memory but 3 sinks, 4 showers, a urinal and 3 pans would be a close estimate for the mens and yep, there's at least two peak hours when you'll be lining up. There's also the generator, cool room and spotlight 24/7.

You'll have to ask someone else what's in the ladies :wink:
I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.