Bush camp fees

Go here to find out what's happening in Oz

Moderator: DLRA

Smurf

Bush camp fees

Post by Smurf »

Bush campsite (near the canteen belonging to Mt Ives) fees for this year are Min 3 nights $20 or week $40 per person. These fees can be paid at the Purple truck at the campsite , you will also receive a armband. This camp has no power and you need to be self sufficient toilet,shower, water etc. If you want power, toilets and hot showers you will need to stay at the DLRA camp site or Mt Ives station. Information is available on the DLRA website or contact Mt Ives station on 86481817.
The road has just been graded into Mt Ives right up to the lake. It is very dry so there will be dust.
Bring on Speed week 2013 looking forward to catching up with old and new racers . Travel safe cheers Smurf
David Leikvold

Re: Bush camp fees

Post by David Leikvold »

What happened to the little toilet and shower block that was there in 2009? Is it still there?

Cheers
Dave
Good, Fast, Cheap, pick any two!
OLDPOP

Post by OLDPOP »

What happened to the Coates hire deal
Copy from minutes 20/1/2013 meeting

Saltbush Camp – Due to the fact that Mt. Ive Station which run the Saltbush Camp have
repeatedly refused to make any improvements to the site. The DLRA have requested a quote
from Coates Hire for a toilet block and shower block to be sited at the Saltbush Camp.
Fees will rise accordingly from the previous $7 a day to $10 a day to help cover the costs to the
DLRA. We have no choice as the Health Department will be watching this area closely and if
people start wandering off into the bush they could close us down.
DLRA # 1102
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

David Leikvold wrote:What happened to the little toilet and shower block that was there in 2009? Is it still there?

Cheers
Dave
Its still there Dave, but has not been touched since, so is in very poor repair.
This belongs to Mt Ive and they are not interested in spending money on it.
Which is why the DLRA are looking at providing something.
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
IN2VWS

Post by IN2VWS »

So which statement is correct? Smurfs, with no toilets, or the minutes of the meeting with the raised fees to cover toilet costs?
I can only speak for myself, but I do not mind paying extra (even more than the additional $3) for a provided toilet and shower block.
OLDtimer

Post by OLDtimer »

If you want these "luxuries" stay at the DLRA camp, everything you need is there. That way you get to sit at the table of knowledge & solve all the world's problems too.
Pete Noy.
DLRA #6
SATA #3
internetscooter

Post by internetscooter »

Maybe there is an opportunity for the DLRA (or someone) to sell (prepaid?) BBQ meat packs at the camp? (Note: It will be a complete failure if there is a fire ban).
Paul
---
DLRA #647
89.664 mph (aiming for 100mph+)
www.vespalabs.org
David Leikvold

Post by David Leikvold »

It's the proximity to the lake that makes the Saltbush Camp the destination of choice for lots of people. John's right, a few extra bucks for a toilet is money well spent. To save precious water and ensure the availability of a shower I'll be bringing one with me. It's just a $39 Primus "12V DC High Volume Camp Shower" that seems to be in every camping shop I've visited this week. They flow 6 litres a minute so you don't have to run around to get wet. Add a kid's splash pool for a base, a syphon hose and a bucket for the submersible pump, throw in maybe 15 to 20 litres of water from home and you can shower until the car's battery goes flat. Add four tent poles and a tarp and it's pure Saltbush luxury. Any variation on this theme would save precious water for the sheep now that the drought is back. Maybe the club could stump up the parts and labour to get the toilet block up and running again. There are a few plumbing supplies shops in Port Augusta.

Cheers
Dave
rgn

Post by rgn »

Have toilets (porta loos) for the close to track camp been organised? Or is it BYO crapper? Cheers... :shock:
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

with mates like mine, theres no way id be using one of those portable camp showers, :lol: :lol: ,, id end up in the altogether with all the world lookin on, :lol: :lol:,,,
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
gennyshovel

Post by gennyshovel »

A home made shower, using an engine pre-heater.
Rated at 5 drops per minute, lol, just need to add genset :?
Tiny DLRA# 484
Postiebike Racing , created & funded by TwoBob Engineering
Dr Goggles

Post by Dr Goggles »

OLDtimer wrote:If you want these "luxuries" stay at the DLRA camp, everything you need is there. That way you get to sit at the table of knowledge & solve all the world's problems too.
Pete Noy.
DLRA #6
SATA #3

been there, that's why I stay lakeside.
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
GeeTee

Post by GeeTee »

I want to stay lakeside... what happened to the old shower block? And what is the Coates Hire agreement that was mentioned?

Is it possible to 'buy' showers at the DLRA camp withoyt staying there?

I am self sufficient with camping/cooking etc but I am fast approaching GVM with my rig
SPOOK

Post by SPOOK »

Do exactly what David L says. Buy the stuff and you will have the best showers of all time. Forget the Tarp, shower in the nuddy or if your a woos wear jocks,no one will care cos. there are no females there any way. Last time the showers at the Lake were brackish and a wast of time unless you bought dog soap.
David Leikvold

Post by David Leikvold »

Thanks Russell, the tarp is there to keep most of the water from splashing off the body onto the dirt and being wasted. If you keep your jocks on it guarantees you'll have a fresh pair for the next day :D Any women at the camp will be gone within seconds if you don't! And if I weaken and buy a Porta Potti, that's where it will be. Nobody wants to see that :shock: !