Animal top bloke

Go here to find out what's happening in Oz

Moderator: DLRA

holden1

Animal top bloke

Post by holden1 »

Please post here your thoughts on why Animal is a top bloke, and show your support for an elected official that does a great job!!!

Holden1
RGV

Re: Animal top bloke

Post by RGV »

Hey holdon1, must have missed you at the Lake last week. Would have been good to catch up for a chat.

Dave

Last Minute Racing
DLRA #928

2010 MPS/G 250 118 MPH
2011 Washed Out
2012 Washed Out
2013 MPS/G 250 131 MPH (RECORD)
2014 MPS/G 250 140 MPH (RECORD)
2015 MPS/F 250 DNF
2016 MPS/F 250 114 MPH (RECORD)
2017 MPS/F 250 DNF
holden1

Post by holden1 »

Sorry Dave i had to work, sounds like every one had a great time, must have been an extremely well run event, more kudos to Animal. Cheers Holden1
ROSS BROWN

Post by ROSS BROWN »

ANIMAL.. :lol:
The world loves a character....
An essential peice of the furniture....

Some one has to herd the cats..

GOOD ON YA ANIMAL.... 8)

Ross..
IT IS ALL A RACE AGAINST TIME.
TIME WAITS FOR NO ONE.

HOW FAST CAN YOU GO ?

S/UF 925
holden1

Post by holden1 »

Ross you could not be MORE right if you tried, thank you for your input. Holden1
34SaltNorm

Post by 34SaltNorm »

I don't often post on this forum but I think Animal deserves praise for all the work he has done for the DLRA promoting salt lake racing in Australia. He has been at the lake every time I have. In the early days he raced his Ford with Club Animal Racing and helped myself and others to go fast - not to mention the immense effort he put in so that Terry, too ill to finish or drive his own car, was able to see it run at 200 mph. Animal has raised thousands of dollars for the club at his famous auctions. Some years it was only what he had raised that made the difference between the club surviving or going broke.
Our American guest this year, Dr. David Haas was not sure how to take him at first, but by the end of Speedweek David was full of kind words and respect for Steve Charlton saying that guy runs one hell of a race meeting. Animal was reelected race director at the 2013 AGM and has my full confidence and support.

Norm Hardinge.
David Leikvold

Post by David Leikvold »

I'll second that motion. Animal might struggle at times to make a great first impression but it doesn't take long to see the serious organiser behind the facade. He had his finger on the pulse all week, was good on the radio and helped out when things weren't going well. I'll be happy to work for him again next year.

Cheers
Dave :D
Good, Fast, Cheap, pick any two!
rgn

Post by rgn »

After my first run on the long course, I turned off onto the emergency services road thinking it was the return road to the pits. As a result I was met by the emergency service guy's and asked to get off the rd as I was holding up proceedings...

Oh dear... looked like I was in the running for an arse kicking!

Animal did walk out to meet me on my return, and I must say I broke out into a bit of a sweat (okay it was 41 degrees C)

I was met by a kind and warm bloke in his underpants and safety vest, who took the time to instruct me as to how the course worked.

While the event had it's problems, I think that it was generally a well run race meet, run by hard working well intentioned individuals that make up the organisation and commitee of the DLRA.

So kudos to the people who do the work to make the event happen. A BIG THANKS.
big chook

Post by big chook »

Animal is certainly a character and a great asset to the club , i just wish he would join the 21st century and trade his jocks in for boxers . :P :D . cheers Mick
ChrisACT

Post by ChrisACT »

big chook wrote:Animal is certainly a character and a great asset to the club , i just wish he would join the 21st century and trade his jocks in for boxers . :P :D . cheers Mick
Surely vintage = classy. :mrgreen: