Speed Week 2014 - Entry Forms

Go here to find out what's happening in Oz

Moderator: DLRA

DLRA
Site Admin

Speed Week 2014 - Entry Forms

Post by DLRA »

For all those entrants for Speed Week for 2014.

Entry Forms are now available for download from http://www.dlra.org.au/entryform.htm

Please use this form of 2014 entries for ONLY.
Any entries that have been sent in so far using other event entry forms will be returned so that you can complete the official 2014 Entry form.
Yes it is different and there is more information for you to fill out.

NOTE: Incomplete entry forms will not be accepted and will be returned.

If you don't know what class you are running in 2014, ask somebody.
We have Category Representatives and State delegates who are only too willing to help you determine what class you will be running in.
For contact details for these people go here http://www.dlra.org.au/detail.htm
Incomplete class details will result in your entry form returned to you.

Vehicles must have full class details displayed on the vehicle when it is presented for inspection as per their Entry Form. Failure to do so will result in no inspection.
Any changes in class from what is shown on the entry form and how the vehicle is presented for inspection must be accompanied with a B-3 Rule Change or Addition Submission Form as found in the Appendix of your Rule Book. No form, no inspection.

Lastly, we will have an online booking / payment system up and running by the end of the month for entries, camping fees, lake entry fees etc.
So if you want to pay everything online up front hang on for a couple of weeks.
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
IN2VWS

Re: Speed Week 2014 - Entry Forms

Post by IN2VWS »

Please clarify......
Website says:
Race Entry Fee: You need to complete a separate entry form and pay an entry fee ($275) for each class you wish to compete in. However additional drivers in the same vehicle will pay a discounted entry fee ($175)

Entry form says $375 & $275......

Which is correct?
AuotonomousRX

Post by AuotonomousRX »

Further Clarification.....

Any idea when the 2014 Rule Book will be online for download?

In relation to Class Designation and Race Numbers, there was some confusion this year and despite having my Class Designation and Race Number on my Bike as per the 2013 Rule Book, I then had my Race Number Drawn on my Bike x 2.

I happy to comply with the rules, I just need to know what they are :D

Pete
Still trying to decide if I am a procrastinator

Pete :?
DLRA #866
Cookey

Post by Cookey »

Good comment! Definitely need to press the point of having somebody within the DLRA to handle all such requests and mostly important to seek out the appropriate response & then RESPOND
Yes I am shouting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers,
Tony Cooke
DLRA # 363
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

IN2VWS wrote:Please clarify......
Website says:
Race Entry Fee: You need to complete a separate entry form and pay an entry fee ($275) for each class you wish to compete in. However additional drivers in the same vehicle will pay a discounted entry fee ($175)

Entry form says $375 & $275......

Which is correct?
Thanks for pointing this out, website has now been updated.
Cost will now only appear in one place - on the entry form.
Entry Form is correct.

The reasons as to why the increase have been detailed in the Minutes of General Meetings. If you are a DLRA member these minutes are available for download online. But they are password protected. So you will need to send me an email requesting access. drylakesracersau@hotmail.com
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

AuotonomousRX wrote:Further Clarification.....

Any idea when the 2014 Rule Book will be online for download?

In relation to Class Designation and Race Numbers, there was some confusion this year and despite having my Class Designation and Race Number on my Bike as per the 2013 Rule Book, I then had my Race Number Drawn on my Bike x 2.

I happy to comply with the rules, I just need to know what they are :D

Pete
G'Day Pete,
This response is not directed to you personally, but has just refreshed the frustration I had from 2013.
The idea of displaying the vehicle number and driver/rider number was discussed and as far as I was aware agreed to prior to Speed Week 2013. This was tied into the new timing system which strictly required the vehicle identified and the driver rider identified. The thing that really didn't work was using a suffix to determine a change of class for a vehicle eg 226A, 226B. But it seemed to be missed by quite a few people. No it was not in the rulebook but it was discussed.

Each year there are more and more vehicles that are shared by more than one driver/rider and more and more vehicles that run in several classes.
We (and yes this is the collective we, as there have been several comments and issues from competitors about vehicles that were incorrectly signwritten and displayed) We need to be able to determine exactly who is on the start line and what class they are running in.
As the person responsible for administering the posting of results and the setting of records, I can tell you that 2013 was the worst year yet for competitors not displaying the correct information. It was a joke. It literally took me weeks to unravel what took place during Speed Week in 2013. There was at least 5 versions in the first week as people would contact me to tell me that they didn't run that class or didn't even run that vehicle! And I've got to put up with bitching an moaning as to why the results aren't up and why they haven't got their certificate.

It is the driver/riders responsibility to ensure that these details are correct when they present at the start line.
We all want more runs and a quicker smoother event, well as a competitor here's one of the easiest ways that you as a competitor can do something about it.
That's why when you look at the 2014 Entry Form the biggest change is for the entrant to correctly identify the driver/rider and the class they are running.

There are a couple of changes that I have proposed for 2014 that will HOPEFULLY make things easier.
The first is if your vehicle runs in multiple classes it get a new number as per the new entry. eg. 226 for first class, then 9226 for second class.
The 9226 is a temporary number and is retired after the event. If there is a third class it would be 8226
As well as the change of number the vehicle is also required to display the class that relates to that number as per the entry form.
The timing system uses numbers but as has been pointed out to us; casual observers or other entrants use the class details to identify who their competitors are for a particular class.

There are a couple of benefits to this system.
If the owner driver/rider is in/on the vehicle they will not have to display an additional number. It will be always assumed that where a number is displayed this will always be the driver/riders membership number. (226)
There is an exception to this where some vehicle owners have made arrangements to display a different vehicle number to their member number. This is always by documented arrangement with the member who holds that number. In these circumstances the driver/rider number must always be displayed (in addition to the vehicle number)

Sorry that this has blown out to be bigger than what it needs to be but I want to make the most of every opportunity to make entrants understand how it all works.

Oh and I nearly forgot to add that I would expect to see the 2014 Rule Book at the General Meeting in Victoria on 20th October
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
momec3

Post by momec3 »

GW, several points.

Would I be correct to say,

If a vehicle has 5 drivers and 2 classes then when it goes through tech it will require 7 separate lines that will require a line of example, masking tape over the wrong ones before each run so the starter can say the correct combination to the unfortunate and easily confused timer? :wink:

Do we have to have one vehicle number with A B C D E and F for the 5 separate drivers as per this year and has the very expensive timing system been persuaded to cope with letters or is there to be another numbering system and if so what will it be?

With all respect you confused us this year so this needs to be spelt out BLACK AND WHITE soon so those building race vehicles can get their shit together.
:D
Chris
Chris
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

momec3 wrote:GW, several points.

Would I be correct to say,

If a vehicle has 5 drivers and 2 classes then when it goes through tech it will require 7 separate lines that will require a line of example, masking tape over the wrong ones before each run so the starter can say the correct combination to the unfortunate and easily confused timer? :wink:
When that vehicle presents at the start line it should display who is driving/riding that vehicle and what class they are running in.
Think numbers for timing system and words for us humans.
How you do this is up to you, but for example you could have a list of rider/driver numbers permanently displayed on the vehicle and then obscure those not driving/riding for that run. NOTE: the driver/riders name is optional, this is purely additional information supplied at the entrants discretion.
So far as the vehicle number goes it should display the owner or entrants member number (who ever that may be). And then when you change class, it gets a "9" stuck in front of it. The class code is also required to be changed.
momec3 wrote:Do we have to have one vehicle number with A B C D E and F for the 5 separate drivers as per this year and has the very expensive timing system been persuaded to cope with letters or is there to be another numbering system and if so what will it be?
No, the letters did not work and will not be used again. And in the example you have given, shows just how easily the two identifiers get confused.

For the timing system
1. For the timing system you need to identify the vehicle by a number
2. For the timing system you need to identify the driver/rider with a number (if this is the same as the vehicle number it does not need to be repeated)
3. For us humans and you need to display the class details of the vehicle
momec3 wrote:With all respect you confused us this year so this needs to be spelt out BLACK AND WHITE soon so those building race vehicles can get their shit together.
:D
Chris
Understand, hope this helps.
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

Sorry I was probably a bit simple when talking about adding a 9 to a vehicle number for a class change.
WhatI am trying toachieve is to allocate a unique number.
For vehicle #3 it would be 9003
For vehicle #226 it would be 9226
For vehicle #1132 it would be 91132
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
AuotonomousRX

Post by AuotonomousRX »

Thanks for the answer Greg, that is what I needed to know :D

Pete

DLRA #866
momec3

Post by momec3 »

Cool thanks Greg

Chris
Chris
Mossy

Post by Mossy »

Would be good to get the number system sorted, I had my number on the number plate, was told the rider number also had to be on the leathers so did that with a texta, and then had the number drawn on the petrol tank. So fronted up at the start line with 959 located in 3 places on the bike, I'm afraid I thought that was a bit excessive.

On another matter. I'm filling out my entry form and find I have to state the engine and body codes. Where do I find these codes???

Cheers Mossy
DLRA # 959
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

Mossy wrote:Would be good to get the number system sorted, I had my number on the number plate, was told the rider number also had to be on the leathers so did that with a texta, and then had the number drawn on the petrol tank. So fronted up at the start line with 959 located in 3 places on the bike, I'm afraid I thought that was a bit excessive.

On another matter. I'm filling out my entry form and find I have to state the engine and body codes. Where do I find these codes???

Cheers Mossy
G'Day Mossy,
Dunno who told you that you had to have your number on your leathers but that was certainly not required.
If you're the only one riding your bike and it's only competing in one class, for 2014 you only need to have the one number "959"
with the class details underneath it.

Engine and body codes are found in the 2013 Rulebook. If you don't have a current Rulebook you can download it at http://www.dlra.org.au/rulebook.htm

As I understand it, the codes were introduced by the SCTA several years ago and are used in their timing system. We don't rely on them yet, but we need to get people using them and to be familiar with them before we do have to start using them.

I'd be interested in any feed back about the changes to the entry form. Is it better, is it easier to fill out?
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
AuotonomousRX

Post by AuotonomousRX »

I cannot find the fee if I want to run two classes with the same Rider/Bike eg: APS 250 - Gas and Fuel?

Pete

DLRA #866
Mossy

Post by Mossy »

Found the codes, hadn't looked that far back in the book :oops:
Otherwise I've found the form pretty straight forward.

Cheers Mossy
DLRA # 959