Speed Week 2014 - Entry Forms

Go here to find out what's happening in Oz

Moderator: DLRA

DLRA
Site Admin

Re: Speed Week 2014 - Entry Forms

Post by DLRA »

Pete,
In your eyes, you have one vehicle and are just changing/adding to the gas that's in the tank.
In the eyes of the scrutineers and officials you are effectively running 2 different vehicles.

Therefore you are required to complete 2 entry forms (1 for gas and 1 for fuel) and have to pay the 2 entry fees.
That's why you have to have unique vehicle numbers and that's why I'm trying to make it as easy for you by just adding a 9 to your existing vehicle number rather than a whole new number.
Note: When you change your gas, you will also have to change the class details displayed on your vehicle as well.
When and only when you change from gas to fuel, you are required to present your vehicle for (re)inspection at scrutineering.

Them's the rules and that's the way it has been for many years now.
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
AuotonomousRX

Post by AuotonomousRX »

Oh well one class it is then

Pete
Still trying to decide if I am a procrastinator

Pete :?
DLRA #866
grumm441

Post by grumm441 »

The SCTA codes only identify the vehicle body and engine and fuel or a motorcycle chassis engine and fuel class and not the driver.
SCTA creates a new number for each class change, so if you were 333 A/BG on a motorcycle and you changed to a fuel class you may be 1333 A/BF
In the SCTA book your member number is in no way related to your race number. The driver is indicated separately in a situation where the vehicle in question gains a certified record thru the impound and record certification process. or thru the licensing process
G
They make it
I make it work
gennyshovel

Post by gennyshovel »

Have we made a decision regarding multiple bike riders, riding the same bike, Eg: my vehicle 484, with me riding, does the rider number also need to be shown on the bike ?
With my bike , and a member other than me, does their member number have to be visible ? as well as the vehicle number' (the 9 prefix added to vehicle is for class changes ?)
Tiny
Last edited by gennyshovel on Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tiny DLRA# 484
Postiebike Racing , created & funded by TwoBob Engineering
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

AuotonomousRX wrote:I cannot find the fee if I want to run two classes with the same Rider/Bike eg: APS 250 - Gas and Fuel?

Pete
G'Day Pete,
If your running 2 classes they are regarded as 2 separate entries.(2nd entry form > second entry fee > different vehicle number)
Even though in your eyes it may be the same bike and that you are only making a relatively minor change (gas) it is in the eyes of the DLRA a completely separate entry. You will also be required to submit your bike for technical inspection in it's second class configuration prior to running and depending how you go (record) your bike gas will be tested after your run, regardless which class your running.
Cheers
Greg
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
AuotonomousRX

Post by AuotonomousRX »

Hey Greg

With the Numbers ( not Entry Fees ) what if I wanted to enter 4 Classes with one Rider (me DLRA #866) on the One Vehicle ( my APS Bike ) as in:

APS-G-250 .... #866
APS-F-250 .... #9866
APS-G-350 ( Engine Change ) ..... #?
APS-F-350 .....#?

Thanks

Pete :D
Still trying to decide if I am a procrastinator

Pete :?
DLRA #866
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

G'Day Pete,
Don't think of it as the same bike (even though to you it is), if it runs in a different class, for all intents and purposes it's a different bike.
And don't assume that just because you know what you're doing that anyone else does, more specifically the starter and the timer.

For the timing system we need to be able to identify the bike in its various guises. The starter needs to relay to the timer what the vehicle is and whose riding/driving it so that they can load it into the timing system. The easiest way to do this is with numbers.
Note: Class details must be displayed as well as this information is relayed to the starter to confirm the vehicle and used by fellow competitors and spectators as to the class the vehicle is competing in.

The numbering system has been devised to make this as easy for you as we can, whilst still identifying the vehicle to the starter and just as importantly other competitors. And still identify you as the rider, so that you don't have to display your #866 as well.
Note: if the bike were to have a second rider in any of it's classes, their member number would need to be displayed.

So by default you start with

APS-G-250 .... #866
APS-F-250 .... #9866
APS-G-350 ( Engine Change ) .... #8866
APS-F-350 ..... #7866

Clear as mud.
Hope this helps you and others.
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
AuotonomousRX

Post by AuotonomousRX »