Impound for Motorcycles

Go here to find out what's happening in Oz

Moderator: DLRA

rgn

Re: Impound for Motorcycles

Post by rgn »

turbo RB wrote:classes and records run shouldn't be determined by your postion in the club or who you know !
Mate, I can tell you they are not.

I think impound is a great step forward, as annoying as it might be on a time scale. Should potential record holders be penalized time wise or otherwise, in my opinion no.

Perhaps when you make your impound booking within the 1/2 hour you also get a slot in the queue, as if you just rolled in from a run? Just a thought.
hawkwind

Post by hawkwind »

rgn ...I believe those in impound that are running on a record get first crack of the whip the next morning ...at least that's what happens at Bonneville.... maybe one of our members that know the routine will chime in .

cheers
Vehicle......................A new creation.
Designed by................Troglodyte.
Engineered/ built by......Rustic.
Financed by.................Nickles & Dimes.
Rider......................... Tardus Vetus Inflatio
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

Bonneville(SCTA) requires a "backup" to seal the record, thay run these backups first thing in the morning, :wink: ,
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
BONES

Post by BONES »

rgn-
We go to set a record (if we are fast enough) and the class and capacity needs to be verified .
At Speed Week return runs are done the next morning-- first thing. Usually vehicles stay in impound ALL day and night and be picked up the next morning.
I think your engine can be sealed and you keep running to better your qualifying speed BUT you risk blowing an engine and therefore a record
At BUB the return runs are done within 2 hours- opposite direction- so you go to impound, check in , do any servicing that is necessary and then you will be sent to the other end of the track for your return run.
We are still only doing ONE way records
All this messing around takes time.
At Gairdner, if you are checked OK you will be back in line pretty quickly
There are a few records in the book that don't exist because we have not had impound before
I have a record which I didn't set ( not removed yet) because there was no cross reference to the timers
Bones
RGV

Post by RGV »

I had the pleasure of going to the "Motorcycle Impound" Ross checked my bike and Gas. It was quick, painless and very professionally run.
Thanx for your time and effort Ross.

Dave

Last Minute Racing
DLRA #928

2010 MPS/G 250 118 MPH
2011 Washed Out
2012 Washed Out
2013 MPS/G 250 131 MPH (RECORD)
2014 MPS/G 250 140 MPH (RECORD)
2015 MPS/F 250 DNF
2016 MPS/F 250 114 MPH (RECORD)
2017 MPS/F 250 DNF
ROSS BROWN

Post by ROSS BROWN »

It was all a pleasure Dave..
Thing is..... Professionalism works between the hours of 925, as my number states.
The "IMPOUND HOTEL" is open after that.. and not long after we revert back to being Baboons..

I would also like to thank Gregg Watters for covering Impound when we were ready to make a run..
IT IS ALL A RACE AGAINST TIME.
TIME WAITS FOR NO ONE.

HOW FAST CAN YOU GO ?

S/UF 925
momec3

Post by momec3 »

Admin: Chris I've edited this so you can see what it's supposed to look like.
From Photobucket use the "IMG thumb" option, then you just paste it into a post on the forum.
Chris
ROSS BROWN

Post by ROSS BROWN »

Chris
you are so close to having photo bucket work..
When you have the picture up .. the IMG link beside it is what needs to be clicked on..
the little arrow wont do it .. you have to wait for the little hand to appear ..then left click on the writing .. it will flash yellow with the word copied on it.
This part of the process is painfull .. the little hand comes and goes at will ..sometimes you have to wave the little arrow around the area until the hand appears then get the hand to the writing then click.. once you have achieved that .. back to the forum ...right click then paste.

Ross..

Last edited by ROSS BROWN on Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
IT IS ALL A RACE AGAINST TIME.
TIME WAITS FOR NO ONE.

HOW FAST CAN YOU GO ?

S/UF 925
momec3

Post by momec3 »

Its only taken ten years Ross, I'm very patient.
Little imaginary hand, OK, I'll wait for that.
Chris