Impound for Motorcycles

Go here to find out what's happening in Oz

Moderator: DLRA

BONES

Re: Impound for Motorcycles

Post by BONES »

Tank sealing can be done with some duct tape over the filler and dabs of nail polish on the edges of the tape.

If the timing slip is in the timing van how do we know how fast we have run?
Didn't Animal have times available after runs?

Doesn't the timing system print out.?
Can we put the printer in the pits somewhere?

We should be able to pick up a timing slip on the way to impound which will be attached to the impound sheet and the time of day recorded on the sheet.
ha no bundy clock
Does the bundy card become the impound sheet?
maybe bundy clock

Bones
ROSS BROWN

Post by ROSS BROWN »

Yes..
The Bundy card is the impound sheet.. Apart from time of arrival ,all releavant information will
be written onto the bundy card , then signed and stamp dated..

The timing van houses all the relavant hardwear to produce the timing slip , and as far as I know it is
downloaded 4 times a day,then delivered to Carol and Gregs van.

Last year runs on the main track were broadcasted on the CB by Animal at the time of event . (it appears appart from herding cats and other assorted duities Animal also kept a log )

IF the pits are set out in a similar fashion to last year 'IMPOUND' will be situated in the proximaty of Animals bus,
Carol and Gregs caravan and the tech inspection bays.

Above and beyound your duties..cats
If you are not "TECHNICALY STERILE " and have a fair grasp of the rule book and find yourself clear of any thing to do for half a day
your help in Impound would be greatly apprieciated ..

Ross..
IT IS ALL A RACE AGAINST TIME.
TIME WAITS FOR NO ONE.

HOW FAST CAN YOU GO ?

S/UF 925
RGV

Post by RGV »

How would you know if you have broken a record and need to go to the impound if we have no timing slip. There are riders there that are a team of 1 so would be on the return road when their speed is read out. If you miss out on hearing your speed and dont go to impound you miss a out on a record?
So I do a run and ride back down the return road, stop at the pit entrance and wait for my pickup vehicle as im not allowed to ride my bike in the pits, put my bike on a trailer of some description and get it back to my pit and then go to Carol & Gregs van to find out my speed that might take an hour or two to be delivered and then find out ive got a record but only 1/2 hour to get to impound?
I dont think the impound is a bad idea but I also dont think we have the facilities in place to make it work yet. Im not trying to be negative here Im just trying to get it clear in my head.

Dave

Last Minute Racing
DLRA #928

2010 MPS/G 250 118 MPH
2011 Washed Out
2012 Washed Out
2013 MPS/G 250 131 MPH (RECORD)
2014 MPS/G 250 140 MPH (RECORD)
2015 MPS/F 250 DNF
2016 MPS/F 250 114 MPH (RECORD)
2017 MPS/F 250 DNF
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

i would suggest, given the present situation at the lake, if you think ya bikes good for a record, get yourself a Garmin Etrex GPS (same as thay used on the short track last year), Goggle it,,, i have run one for years and its accurate to 1mph,, as soon as you pull off the track, you,ll know weather to head for impound or ya pit,, if your bikes parked up at impound, at least "its there", then you can sort out the bundy clock and timing slip stuff , :) ,
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

There will be timing slips for 2014.
But they will be printed in the timing van, and be brought over to Race Control (Animals Bus) at the lunch break and after the last run each day. Same as what has happened with timing slips in previous years.
What we are looking to implement in 2015 is a wireless link between the timing van and race control with timing slips printed at race control and available immediately after a run to entrants.

With the officials communicating on private radio channels this year, for 2014 we will have an operator relaying results over the UHF band for everyone else to hear. Hopefully we will have enough volunteers to also record these times so that entrants can swing by and check their results.
For 2015 we will have a repeater so that everyone else can hear the official channels all the time.

Little steps, but heading in the right direction.
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Greg is correct.

We're going to trial something different but at this stage it will be next year. If we build a wireless network, we will be able to look up and print results from the pits thereby helping with the impound issues (and many other issues). Crawl, walk, run. At the moment we're walking.

Lynchy
grumm441

Post by grumm441 »

RGV wrote:How would you know if you have broken a record and need to go to the impound if we have no timing slip. There are riders there that are a team of 1
Dave
No
If you don't have a support vehicle and crew of at least one, with a fire extinguisher, spill kit and a UHF radio, you will not be allowed to run, is the way I understood it would be this year
G
They make it
I make it work
AuotonomousRX

Post by AuotonomousRX »

grumm441 wrote:
RGV wrote:How would you know if you have broken a record and need to go to the impound if we have no timing slip. There are riders there that are a team of 1
Dave
No
If you don't have a support vehicle and crew of at least one, with a fire extinguisher, spill kit and a UHF radio, you will not be allowed to run, is the way I understood it would be this year
G
Can I have my money back then LOL

Solo Pete
Still trying to decide if I am a procrastinator

Pete :?
DLRA #866
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Pete

Friends may be assigned to you if you don't have any.... :D
harky

Post by harky »

I ll be your "friend " pete
and if you don't go fast enough I ll QUIT
don't tell anyone Im helping with one of those smoky smelly buzzing things !!!!!!!!
harky
harky
DLRA #643
so far 120mph for$2000---imagine how fast I can go for $20,000
AuotonomousRX

Post by AuotonomousRX »

Hey Lynchy, can we a have a Friends for the Lonely section on the Volunteer Roster

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Harky thanks, I can pay you in Beer and supply the Gas Mask and Ear Plugs.

Pete :cry:

DLRA #866
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Hey Lynchy, can we a have a Friends for the Lonely section on the Volunteer Roster
If you open the wallet at the bar at the end of the day I'm sure you'll be swamped with helpers! Might be an idea to stick a notice board up for lonely hearts somewhere as well?
AuotonomousRX

Post by AuotonomousRX »

I will be helping out with some Impounding on Tuesday arvo.

After talking to Ross, I have made copies of the following stuff and hopefully it make things a bit easier:

MC Rules Section
MC Class Records
and two copies of each of the MC Classes

all in separate Plastic Sleeved Folders.

Pete. :D

DLRA #866
turbo RB

Post by turbo RB »

go to see the motor bike classes are being proactive in record run classification and rectification . we can only hope other vehicles classes will follow . classes and records run shouldn't be determined by your postion in the club or who you know !
RGV

Post by RGV »

turbo RB wrote:go to see the motor bike classes are being proactive in record run classification and rectification . we can only hope other vehicles classes will follow . classes and records run shouldn't be determined by your postion in the club or who you know !
I didnt know they were??

Dave

Last Minute Racing
DLRA #928

2010 MPS/G 250 118 MPH
2011 Washed Out
2012 Washed Out
2013 MPS/G 250 131 MPH (RECORD)
2014 MPS/G 250 140 MPH (RECORD)
2015 MPS/F 250 DNF
2016 MPS/F 250 114 MPH (RECORD)
2017 MPS/F 250 DNF