Changing entry details after submission of form?

Go here to find out what's happening in Oz

Moderator: DLRA

internetscooter

Changing entry details after submission of form?

Post by internetscooter »

I mucked up my class and will be running in MPS/G 250 instead of M/G 250.

What is the easiest way from the DLRA perspective to fix this?

Do I resubmit a completely new entry form?
Send just the changes to be added to the existing form?
Just wait till I get to the lake?
Paul
---
DLRA #647
89.664 mph (aiming for 100mph+)
www.vespalabs.org
DLRA
Site Admin

Re: Changing entry details after submission of form?

Post by DLRA »

Thanks for letting us know Paul.
Don't wait till you get to the lake!
That's when it becomes a pain in the arse for you and Carol and Me.
If you wait it will be entered wrong on your entry form, in the entry database, and in the timing system. So it then has to be changed in 3 places.
You don't have to submit a new entry form.
And if required you could change it / update it at tech inspection, but that would be your last chance.
Do you really want to wait till then?
Send an email with the changes to Carol now.

I'll also take this opportunity for a little reminder.
All competitors please note, I will not be changing any class details post event at the request of entrants. You have had ample time to figure out what class you're running. You have been told if you don't know to find out. We have had Category Representatives, State Delegates, and Car and Bike Stewards available all year to assist you. Contact Details
I will be checking all entry forms next week to make sure that valid classes have been selected for the type of vehicle on the entry form. If I think something is not quite right I will email you.
Remember also you have to display your class details on both sides your vehicle.

From the DLRA rule book

1.B CLASSIFICATION:
It is the responsibility of the owner and/or driver to enter a vehicle in its proper class as shown on the entry form. However, a vehicle is subject to class verification by the Contest Board at any time. THE DLRA CONTEST BOARD WILL NOT RECLASSIFY A VEHICLE ENTERED IN THE WRONG CLASS.
ALL VEHICLES WILL RUN ONLY IN THE LOWEST PRIMARY CLASS/ CATEGORY FOR WHICH THEY ARE LEGAL. IF A VEHICLE IS NOT LEGAL FOR A SPECIFIC CLASS IT MAY NOT NECESSARILY BE LEGAL FOR ANOTHER CLASS. THE VEHICLE SHALL MEET ALL CLASS REQUIREMENTS TO BE LEGAL FOR COMPETITION. ONCE A VEHICLE HAS LEFT THE STARTING LINE, THE ENTRY NAME AND CLASSIFICATION INFORMATION WILL NOT BE CHANGED.

2.L NUMBER/CLASS DESIGNATION:
Competition numbers will be assigned as the membership number of the vehicle owner and/or driver.
Numbers assigned to another member may be used by negotiation with the membership number holder concerned. In case of dispute, the number reverts to the membership number.
Numbers shall be a minimum of 3in. high. The current class designation shall appear on the race vehicle adjacent to the number. The sale of a race vehicle does not transfer the number to the new owner.
Changes shall be reported to the Competition/Entry Numbers Coordinator.
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
internetscooter

Re: Changing entry details after submission of form?

Post by internetscooter »

Thanks Greg - I have sent my amendment. I posted here because I am guessing I am not the only one going to make a mistake :oops: and I wasn't sure if you needed a new entry form for the signature or if it could be tweaked post submission.
Paul
---
DLRA #647
89.664 mph (aiming for 100mph+)
www.vespalabs.org