weather

Go here to find out what's happening in Oz

Moderator: DLRA

AuotonomousRX

Re: weather

Post by AuotonomousRX »

momec3 wrote:Thanks Scott,

Looks like we need a ground crew to have a look.
Is it getting hot again or has the rain dropped the temp?

Chris
Thanks Scott

It is consistent with what the Radar was indicating.

The Weather has cooled off

http://www.bom.gov.au/sa/forecasts/map7day.shtml

The Woomera Forecast

February................Tue.18........Wed.19.............Thu.20..........Fri.21..........Sat.22...........Sun.23............Mon.24
Summary................Sunny........Mostly Sunny........Sunny...........Sunny...........Sunny...........Sunny.............Mostly sunny.
Max.Temperature_____30°C________27°C__________26°C_________27°C________31°C_________31°C__________31°C
Min. Temperature_________________15°C__________14°C_________13°C________14°C_________16°C__________17°C

Pete :D
Last edited by AuotonomousRX on Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Still trying to decide if I am a procrastinator

Pete :?
DLRA #866
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

Tony Cooke and Steve Vorwerk are going out on Thursday to do an inspection of the salt.

Mainly concerned with the condition of the salt directly off the ramp. We want to make sure that it is good enough for the traffic generated from our event. Tony and Steve won't be driving on the lake, but they will walk out for a look. I should have a report back late Thursday or Friday at the latest.

Our thinking at this stage is that we have experienced conditions similar to this before in 2009 when we had a big storm come through on the Saturday flooding the lake and were still able to run on the Tuesday. The salt remained hard and it was a combination of the sun and the strong winds that made it all possible. So with the event still 9 days away, if the salt is as hard as we think it will be we should be fine.
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
RGV

Post by RGV »

Accuweather for Wudinna for March looks good. Here's hoping. :)

http://www.accuweather.com/en/au/wudinn ... r=3/1/2014

Dave

Last Minute Racing
DLRA #928

2010 MPS/G 250 118 MPH
2011 Washed Out
2012 Washed Out
2013 MPS/G 250 131 MPH (RECORD)
2014 MPS/G 250 140 MPH (RECORD)
2015 MPS/F 250 DNF
2016 MPS/F 250 114 MPH (RECORD)
2017 MPS/F 250 DNF
Cookey

Post by Cookey »

DLRA wrote:Tony Cooke and Steve Vorwerk are going out on Thursday to do an inspection of the salt.

Mainly concerned with the condition of the salt directly off the ramp. We want to make sure that it is good enough for the traffic generated from our event. Tony and Steve won't be driving on the lake, but they will walk out for a look. I should have a report back late Thursday or Friday at the latest.

Our thinking at this stage is that we have experienced conditions similar to this before in 2009 when we had a big storm come through on the Saturday flooding the lake and were still able to run on the Tuesday. The salt remained hard and it was a combination of the sun and the strong winds that made it all possible. So with the event still 9 days away, if the salt is as hard as we think it will be we should be fine.
Can now confirm that we will be meeting with the DEH Rangers on Thursday morning up at the Lake to look together at the salt conditions.
Everything that we do will be as per the correct protocols pertaining to our use of the Lake.
Cheers,
Tony Cooke
DLRA # 363
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

Cookey wrote:
Can now confirm that we will be meeting with the DEH Rangers on Thursday morning up at the Lake to look together at the salt conditions.
Everything that we do will be as per the correct protocols pertaining to our use of the Lake.
Of course you will Cookey!!
Thank to you & Smurf for making the effort on behalf of everyone!! We really appreciate it!! :D :D
CHEERS,
Rod. #811

www.rodsandrelics.com.au
momec3

Post by momec3 »

Thanks Cooke and Steve,

I realise all you guys are doing this at your own expense.
Some of us need a go/no go before Sunday to be at our assigned positions on time.
Yet again that MOTHER nature
is screwing with our heads and letting us know who is really BOSS. :twisted:

Chris
Chris
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

momec3 wrote:
letting us know who is really BOSS. :twisted:
Chris
This is sounding like my missus! :shock: :lol:
CHEERS,
Rod. #811

www.rodsandrelics.com.au
momec3

Post by momec3 »

Tralaa Tralee........ :lol:
Chris
ROSS BROWN

Post by ROSS BROWN »

momec3 wrote:I realise all you guys are doing this at your own expense.
Some of us need a go/no go before Sunday to be at our assigned positions on time.
is screwing with our heads and letting us know who is really BOSS.

Chris
Interesting way of putting it Chris..
Sometimes I wonder about the blind fury of "Mother Nature"
So as per my avatar " Father Time " gets to hold the cards for me..( and the dam clock :? )

Ross..
IT IS ALL A RACE AGAINST TIME.
TIME WAITS FOR NO ONE.

HOW FAST CAN YOU GO ?

S/UF 925
momec3

Post by momec3 »

But Ross all Fathers happen to have Mothers........
Chris
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Yes, a big thanks to Cookey and Smurf. Cookey is taking a day off work to do this plus a full days driving.

Thanks guys
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

momec3 wrote:Thanks Cooke and Steve,

I realise all you guys are doing this at your own expense.
is screwing with our heads and letting us know who is really BOSS. :twisted:

Chris
x2, :D
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
GSUZ

Post by GSUZ »

thank you Cookey and Smurf for investing so much time into this, lets hope the evaporation rate continues through out the next few days
Shane0
V.P. SATA
DLRA #805
SATA #6
Mossy

Post by Mossy »

Temperatures are moving up into the mid 30's here next week :D :D :D
Cheers Mossy
DLRA # 959
AuotonomousRX

Post by AuotonomousRX »

DLRA wrote:Tony Cooke and Steve Vorwerk are going out on Thursday to do an inspection of the salt.

A big big thanks to Cookey and Smurf.

This is the Feb 7th Landsat Pic and it was indeed looking really Dry in the area we use.

Given everything indicated we had Dry conditions at the Lake, and on Monday the Evaporation rate in the region was pretty high, it will be interesting to see what Cookey, Smurf and the DEH Ranger find.

Pete :D
Still trying to decide if I am a procrastinator

Pete :?
DLRA #866