weather

Go here to find out what's happening in Oz

Moderator: DLRA

nifty nev

weather

Post by nifty nev »

have just heard Thursday and Friday we may be getting 50-80 mm of rain!!!!!!!!!! the map shows this cloud band coming down from w.a what the hell is going to happen next? I feel sorry for the boys who got burnt out makes you want to cry. I was involved with the ash Wednesday fire and had to help a mate clean up he lost 7 vintage bikes and 4 vintage cars. he was never the same again, and the worst part he wasn't insured. glad everyone is ok. please leave me in a locked room for 10 mins with the barstard who light the fires on purpose they wont light a fire ever again? I just hope all this weather misses the lake don't know when im going to fall of the perch I may miss out for ever?????
nifty nev :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
redyammy

Re: weather

Post by redyammy »

but the probability of big rainfall is low so keep fingers crossed,could use some rain on major fire here at pirie (250ks from lake)but hopefully not much at Gairdner
http://www.bom.gov.au/jsp/watl/rainfall/pme.jsp
gennyshovel

Post by gennyshovel »

Scarey stuff, although most people need it badly..
Rain is spreading across more than ninety-five percent of Australia for the first time since La Nina, soaking parts of each state and territory, bringing relief from the heat, leading to flooding and dousing bushfires.

This is likely to be Australia's most widespread rain event since 2012 (when we were in a La Nina) with two thirds of the country gaining 15-to-25 millimetres.

Rain has already spread across the tropics but later this week will soak much of the south of the country before it heads back north. Most places should see their heaviest rain since at least spring or winter.

Parts of southern South Australia, northern Victoria and New South Wales should gain their biggest falls since at least 2012 with 40-to-80mm, potentially near 100mm in SA. This will be more than the summer average in just a day or two, enough to lead to brief flooding.

Adelaide will be the wettest capital city in the country on Friday with potential for 50-100mm falling in the city and surrounds.
Tiny DLRA# 484
Postiebike Racing , created & funded by TwoBob Engineering
hawkwind

Post by hawkwind »

Looked at that BOM site posted .....predicted rain for the lake area ......Thurs 5mm......Fri 25mm......Sat 15-25mm ...also look at the evapotranspiration rates at the present temps and relative humidity is greater than 60mm week for the lake area ....yesterday....Woomera evap rate was 12.4 mm over 24 hrs ......personally the country needs the rain desperately so I hope it pisses down ...Im sure the lake will be in pristine condition for us come race day :D
now back to the shed so much to do so little time.

Cheers
Vehicle......................A new creation.
Designed by................Troglodyte.
Engineered/ built by......Rustic.
Financed by.................Nickles & Dimes.
Rider......................... Tardus Vetus Inflatio
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

Any news on the rain.
It's been raining here most of the night.............. they have predicted 100mm for today in Adelaide :shock:
I just looked at the radar again, more rain over the lake :roll:
CHEERS,
Rod. #811

www.rodsandrelics.com.au
gennyshovel

Post by gennyshovel »

I just had a look at Landsat, the last image was taken 31/1/14, the lake was a bit damp around the edges opposite the canteen, no problems then with the track(s) location, I expect another updated image about 16/2/14, Nonning appears to have had up to an inch of rain over the last few days but there's no info regarding Lake G.
Luckily for us,Adelaide received the lions share of the latest downpour , Broken Hill has had SFA.
Tiny DLRA# 484
Postiebike Racing , created & funded by TwoBob Engineering
Mossy

Post by Mossy »

The rain has been hit and miss.
So far Woomera has had 6mm, Pt Augusta 9mm, Whyalla 14, but Wudinna has had about 70mm and Streaky Bay 110mm.
The rain seems to be mainly down south so hopefully the lake has only had about the same as Pt Augusta/Whyalla.
The radars are showing the worst of it has passed over the lake.
Cheers Mossy
DLRA # 959
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

For those that have seen the flooding in Adelaide, fear not.
Straight from Mt. Ive, they got 18mm yesterday and 19mm today and there is not a puddle in sight!
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
Mossy

Post by Mossy »

Thats good, because since my post this morning Pt Augusta has had around 35mm and Whyalla has had 45mm
Cheers Mossy
DLRA # 959
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

Mossy wrote: Thats good, because since my post this morning Pt Augusta has had around 35mm and Whyalla has had 45mm
Cheers Mossy
:shock: :shock:
CHEERS,
Rod. #811

www.rodsandrelics.com.au
BOB ELLIS

Post by BOB ELLIS »

Spoke with Trev this arvo , heavy rain around Whyalla , but neither of us seemed to be concerned about Lake G , still a bit of sun and wind coming in the next 2 weeks. It will be OK!!!!
BOB ELLIS

Post by BOB ELLIS »

Just to add to above post , it HAS to be OK , I am leaving Brizvegas heading south , on the Sunday 23rd ( nine more sleeps) , and have a very V.I.P. coming out from SCTA (as you all know now) , so here's hoping for LOTS of sun and wind !!!
ragged

Post by ragged »

Good news I think! Over the last 48 hours at Wudinna AP (south of the lake) received about 70mm and Woomera AP (to the north) only got 16mm. Dave
harky

Post by harky »

Sorry to be the one to highlight this
All roads into the lake were shut mid to late yesterday
doesn't mean they wont dry out in time , there is no hot weather for the next week

http://www.dpti.sa.gov.au/OutbackRoads/ ... ler_ranges

sleep with everything crossed !!
harky
harky
DLRA #643
so far 120mph for$2000---imagine how fast I can go for $20,000
AuotonomousRX

Post by AuotonomousRX »

It's a pity Nonning is no longer a Weather Station.

The Radar was showing a lot of "Rain" moving over the part of the Lake we use, so given the past few years we are a bit jumpy :shock:

It did look like the majority of the Rain went South, I am currently near the middle of the Eyre Peninsula and it has been raining here on and off since yesterday. This has helped to reduce the Fire Risk over here :D

We'll know soon enough, I just hope the Rain fell were it is badly needed.

Pete :D
Still trying to decide if I am a procrastinator

Pete :?
DLRA #866