Mt. Ive Lakeside Canteen

Go here to find out what's happening in Oz

Moderator: DLRA

DLRA
Site Admin

Mt. Ive Lakeside Canteen

Post by DLRA »

Update as of today.
Canteen will be open for breakfast and lunch providing all sorts of tuck shop goodies. (Pies, hamburgers, steak sandwiches, beer, mixers, soft drink)
But WILL NOT be serving evening meals. The kitchen will close at 6.00pm
The canteen will remain open of an evening selling drinks etc. and will be providing a BBQ for those wishing to use it.
On the Saturday Night before Speed Week they will be doing their usual sausage sizzle.
Still a great place to take in all the serenity that the lake provides.
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
internetscooter

Re: Mt. Ive Lakeside Canteen

Post by internetscooter »

Greg,

Does the "etc" in what they are selling in the evening include the raw ingredients for what they provide during the day? i.e. For those that aren't bringing a fridge, can we buy steaks and hamburger patties for the BBQ?

Cheers,
Paul
---
DLRA #647
89.664 mph (aiming for 100mph+)
www.vespalabs.org
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

I would say not Paul. Unless you can come to some arrangement.
There is a cool store container at the DLRA camp if you are looking for a place. I've never used it, but I know its there. Speak to Trev or pm him
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
RGV

Post by RGV »

The Ice Truck did a couple of laps of the Salt Bush camp each day last few years so you can keep ya food cold in a good esky. We freeze our meat into meal size packs in zip top bags and they keep for the full week. Use a different esky for food and beer. Use the water from the day before's ice thats still cold to chill the beer before putting them into the new ice.

Dave

Last Minute Racing
DLRA #928

2010 MPS/G 250 118 MPH
2011 Washed Out
2012 Washed Out
2013 MPS/G 250 131 MPH (RECORD)
2014 MPS/G 250 140 MPH (RECORD)
2015 MPS/F 250 DNF
2016 MPS/F 250 114 MPH (RECORD)
2017 MPS/F 250 DNF
GodSilla

Post by GodSilla »

"WILL NOT be serving evening meals"

That is sad news. :cry:
I recall the truly excellent food that was served in 2005, it was a pleasure to eat there each evening, and I'm sure a few folks who brought supplies that year would have taken them home after eating at the canteen. I have noted the slight and slow decline in dinner meal quality ever since, whilst still appreciating the service, but to lose it altogether is a bit of a blow.
I hope it can be restored in the future, I haven't forgotten scoffing fresh oyster kebabs followed by fresh fish, and fresh daily pasties too. When the plane came daily, the food was proper awesome. I live in hope.
Member 1241
AuotonomousRX

Post by AuotonomousRX »

GodSilla wrote:"WILL NOT be serving evening meals"

That is sad news. :cry:
I recall the truly excellent food that was served in 2005, it was a pleasure to eat there each evening, and I'm sure a few folks who brought supplies that year would have taken them home after eating at the canteen. I have noted the slight and slow decline in dinner meal quality ever since, whilst still appreciating the service, but to lose it altogether is a bit of a blow.
I hope it can be restored in the future, I haven't forgotten scoffing fresh oyster kebabs followed by fresh fish, and fresh daily pasties too. When the plane came daily, the food was proper awesome. I live in hope.
I agree, though the first year was 2010, it was a great way to end the day and became part of the "Speedweek Ritual" for me.

Pete :(
Still trying to decide if I am a procrastinator

Pete :?
DLRA #866