On the Road

Go here to find out what's happening in Oz

Moderator: DLRA

momec3

On the Road

Post by momec3 »

Kathy and I will be on the road about mid morning tomorrow.
Bridgee and our team will follow sparrow fart Weds
Spoke with Bob Ellis today and he is on track for an early morning leave. Bob has had a Telstra failure for several days so his phone is the only contact. His not ignoring emails, just not getting them.

To all doing the big trip, especially those doing big distances please have a safe journey and we look forward to our best Speedweek ever. See ya on the SALT

See'ya all soon Chris
Chris
DLRA
Site Admin

Re: On the Road

Post by DLRA »

Spoke to Bob tonight, if any one need to get a message to him, he will be ringing me each night he's on the road.
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

Steve Kell and i will be leaving in convoy sparrow fart Tuesday morning, out thru Clermont, Emerald, Roma, Charleville, Bourke, then chuck a right turn at Cobar, eta Port Augusta,(2700k) Thursday arvo,, 8) ,,
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
GSUZ

Post by GSUZ »

Hey Ronnie, I look forward to hanging out with you guys again. I sent you a message through this forums private message system but not sure if you have received it. I will be coming up on the Saturday and in tech Sunday so I will chat to you then.
Cheers,
Shane Gaghan
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

g'day Shane, mate, just went back and double checked, no pm's,,, yeah, also lookin forward to catchin up with everyone, especially the "Bonneville Mob", 8)
Greg Watters

Post by Greg Watters »

Safe travels everyone
We leave early Thurs morn, without Kim unfortunately, she starts a new job
traveling with a mate who will be entering for his first taste of salt

Be good to see everyone again :D
SCTAChiefTimer

Post by SCTAChiefTimer »

Finishing the last bit of packing. Sandee and I will be off to Oz tonight flying that awesome 14 hour flight to Sydney on the less than impressive Airbus A380. In Sydney I will kiss my bride and wave goodbye. I catch a plane south to Adelaide and will retrieve my camper van and head for Port Augusta after spending Thursday at the Clipsall 500. Sandee did not see the humor of 125 miles of dirt road to the salt, her loss. She heads north the Gold Coast to Currumbin Valley and will be riding a 50 mile endurance horse race while we are testing the horsepower on the salt.
I am looking forward to visting with all of you at the 24th DRLA Speed Week. It is shaping up to be a fast and enjoyable time to be sure. Travel safe to all!
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

Scott, a bunch of folks stay at the "Big 4" Caravan/Camping Park in Port Augusta,, follow the highway thru town, over the bridge, traffic lights, up the hill, Shell Gas station on right, Big 4, on corner,, if you reach the Perth/Alice Springs major intersection, you have gone a little to far,,, enjoy your flight, ive done it twelve times and it never gets any shorter, :lol:
SCTAChiefTimer

Post by SCTAChiefTimer »

Thanks for the tip and I plan on hitting the Big4 either Thursday night or Friday sometime (the reservation is Thursday). It depends on how much fun I am having at the Clipsal 500 on Thursday. A good buddy of mine from Brisbane Barry Lockwood will be meeting me if I stay until Friday in Adelaide. We are finished packing and contemplating the "last supper" before we head to the airport. It might just be sushi, this is LA you know..... LOL! Thank you all for the great comments and wonderful welcome.
AuotonomousRX

Post by AuotonomousRX »

Have a safe trip everyone...see you there....

Pete :D
Still trying to decide if I am a procrastinator

Pete :?
DLRA #866
GodSilla

Post by GodSilla »

I'm just mounting a new car fridge in the back of my ute (nothing lines up and matches/mates, as bloody usual!).
I'm meeting up with my son and my brother in law, both first timers, and we're leaving from Canberra around midday Wednesday, arriving Saturday arvo after attending to some family business in Adelaide.
Safe trip everyone, and looking forward to some hard, fast salt. :D
Member 1241
big chook

Post by big chook »

Wishing all members and travellers a safe trip , and all racers fast times and a great experience . Unfortunately can't make the trip this year , good luck all ..cheers Mick
swello

Post by swello »

GGGGGGGGRRREEEEEEEEN as can because I can't make a return visit to get some saline solution
Good luck and top pace to all the competitors (except MG175) :)
jpbyron

Post by jpbyron »

Safe travels to all. We have hit the road, first night in Goondawindi for the boys. Just cruising at 500km a day. See you all in Port Augusta Big 4 Friday night . Jp AAA Racing
Motorcycle Racer Lake Gairdner & Bonneville.

DLRA, SCTA & AMA record borrower
firemanjim

Post by firemanjim »

Ronnie, was wondering if you were going. Hope all you folks have a great meet! Bec and I shooting for next year to come on back. Ronnie, Steve, Shane and all, go FAST!!!!
Did I mention how jealous I am-------