Go here to find out what's happening in Oz

Moderator: DLRA

harky

THANK YOU

Post by harky »

there are many people who MAKE our event happen
THANK YOU to those involved
there are many who should do THEIR volunteer shift and don't
the MILDURA ice people are essential ------- not only for cold drinks ----------THANK YOU

An idea worth putting forward , We approach a mobile food vendor/ popup cafe , ---( eg baked potatoes or similar ) ( even REAL mobile coffee) to come for the week
Mount IVE supplies are ok ------- but there is room for night meals !!!!! --------- I assume we may need permission from MT IVE to do this !!!????
anyway just a thought for discussion

Hope everyone is safely home , cleaning and ---de / salting everything is a pain and has taken days , still doing it but it is better than getting a big surprise in a month or so ----------of something I forgot to clean !!!
harky
harky
DLRA #643
so far 120mph for$2000---imagine how fast I can go for $20,000
Rocket

Re: THANK YOU

Post by Rocket »

Diddo!! :D :D :D

Though I feel bad of not being to get to the lake on time to help our with my share, plenty of volunteers are everywhere.
Without us all, we are not a club that can do what we do!! PERIOD!!!!
I'd like to thank each & every one who did their little & LARGE bit to make it happen :D :D

Mt. Ive have tried hard to get workers out to the lake for speedweek, but they have struggled.
Maybe it is time we do approach vendors with the opportunity of "extra work" (of course, getting there is a large cost for them!)
The station can only do what they can. it has not been easy for them, but I must admit, I missed the hot tucka & extra drinks we have had in previous years.
CHEERS,
Rod. #811

www.rodsandrelics.com.au
club animal

Post by club animal »

I would like to thank everybody involved in speed week A special thanks to Mick and Glenn our aboriginal advisers for explaining there links to the lake. To Greg Telford event coordinator did not stop the whole time and was the last to leave the lake and the last to leave the racers camp then drive the Dlra truck back to Castlemain to Andrew the red headed ninja he graded the track all night when we needed it done [no complaints only wanted a coffee]
To Scott our SCTA friend worked tirelessly with the timing staff giving good commentary, track info and the shirt off his back [which made good money at the auction].
Also to the new management for standing for elections to the Administration, scrutineers, starters, timers, fireys, track assistants, toilet cleaners,security people etc without you it would be a non event and last but not least Cled our outgoing president he was a sick man who probably should not of made the trip but he always stood for the job he bought us the timing system which is ahead of the rest plus the countless other things he did for the club we are indebted to you Cled so thanks from the DLRA and Club Animal

Regards
Animal
Regards ANIMAL
Member 151
NAC 200+mph club
DLRA 200 mph club
going fast is my blast
momec3

Post by momec3 »

Ditto to all the above.

Special thanks to Glen and Mick, I enjoyed Micks speech at the AGM and spent some time with Glen in the lead up to racing.
I believe as a group we have had a break through of understanding with our indigenous friends. Our deep bond with the Lake only stems back to the early 90's so to try to comprehend their tie to it after thousands of years, what can I say.
Can't put it in simple words how special that place is.

Thanks President Cled. Strong decisive leadership, firm decisions when required. Job well done.

Chris
Chris
AuotonomousRX

Post by AuotonomousRX »

Yep I agree..... A Big, Big Thank you to everyone that made this Years Event happen.

It was always going to be a close thing with the Rain just before the Event and despite the many challenges, Speedweek went ahead.

To add to that, there were many changes put into place, and it all came together.

I believe the foundations that have been layed this year, will ensure that the DLRA and Speedweek has a pretty bright Future. 8) 8) :D :D

Pete
Still trying to decide if I am a procrastinator

Pete :?
DLRA #866
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

To add a few more people to the thankyou list:

Matt "Scrounger" Saunders
Dennis Campbell
Clare Bolger
Arthur Demain
That american bloke - I think his name was Scott
Stan Alphabet
and the other helpers in the timing van a BIG thankyou for making life easier and having a laugh.

One other bloke that never stopped working was Brook. We'd see him first thing in the morning at the lake entrance and he didn't stop all day. Also saw that he was one of the last to leave the salt friday towing out trailers.

Trevor Beck for supplying the radios and batteries, Bob Ellis for his untiring efforts, he really puts everything into the event. Wapper, Animal, Chris Hanlon, Carol, Rob Cranfield, The Lighbulb brothers all worked tirelessly.

and thanks to all the people (I think there were about 20) who came out tuesday afternoon to help move the track. The efforts of that crew kept the meeting going.
David Leikvold

Post by David Leikvold »

When we got the word to move the start line to Mile One I groaned, imagining a big effort required. In less than an hour it was done by all the people who had been waiting at the line to run. What a fantastic effort, I love the spirit of enthusiastic cooperation that Speedweek generates. Thanks to everyone who helped us at the start line during the week. Special thanks to Clare "Nursey" Bolger, Dave Moore and Grant Schlein too for all going above and beyond. Special thanks to the competitors who would turn up so often they must have been getting dizzy. On Friday morning the first eight were all bikes, the guys we called the "Frequent Fliers", the guys who couldn't wait to go racing! Can't wait for next year now :D

Cheers
Dave :D
Good, Fast, Cheap, pick any two!
momec3

Post by momec3 »

And also,
Dave, agreed. We tried to not move the startline but it ended up making more sense to move it.
Every time I asked for volunteers we got heeps.
The track "flop"
The starline shift
The 9 mile emu parade.
Huge effort from all involved
BIG THANKS to
Brook in the background, btw he intended to stay at saltbush camp till he was the last there so he could pick up all the rubbish there and on the trip out.
Andy, no one is allowed to know how many hours after you all left at night he kept on working so you would have a track to play on next day.

Big effort guys.

Chris
Chris
gennyshovel

Post by gennyshovel »

Also, I'll congratulate all those who donated the return road flags/ poles, they were clearly visible even to my eyes, and finally, the chase road was well planned , making it possible for back up vehicles to safely follow their entrant vehicles .
Return roads worked well too.
Maybe another flag system to avoid any chance of straying onto the fire & rescue road ? (just a thought)
Tiny DLRA# 484
Postiebike Racing , created & funded by TwoBob Engineering
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

and maybe a sign at the 9 mile and out at Twin Peaks saying turn back you've gone too far!